Thread: [Request] Final Fantasy 7 Hack for NES

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [Request] Final Fantasy 7 Hack for NES

O.K. so there are a few Final Fantasy 7 NES hacks on here, but they appear to be far earlier versions than I have seen on youtube. The versions I have seen are in English AND seemingly have FF7 style portraits, plus the battles don't seem to take 20 minutes each!

Any chance someone can do a really good thing and upload a really good version of it please? Much appreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a FFVII NES Pirate ROM Pack. It has about 5 different "versions" of the game, including the latest/Final Eng-Trans, that WorkNoFun just posted on here the other day. I patched that from v1 to v2, btw. Give me a while and I'll get that UL'd and post a link for ya.

*EDIT*

Alright, here ya go. I included the FFVII NES ENG Translation Project patches, along with some game pics, and a ReadMe:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    These are all the FFVII NES ROM versions I'm aware of.
    Last edited by MadZiontist; 15th-November-2013 at 02:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainwarrior
    Sometimes just the idea of a game is enough. You don't really have to play it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Awesome thanks!
    I should be able to tell which one is the latest version just from the guard fight at the reactor station, so yeah that will do just fine *downloading*

Thanks
    EP Points

No prob Rich! Yeah just for reference sake, the latest version is the one titled "Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children (T+ENG) [v2.0] (by Lindblum)". Figured I should throw that out there for anybody else wondering.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ha yeah you have no idea how close I was to actually asking that, until I read the readme file thingy, and cause of what you said too

I've done up to the Guard Scorpion so far (I mean, assuming you know the basis of FF7 that will make sense). One main thing I have noticed is how odd the encounters are, are they just random enemies from anywhere in the game? Because I am getting enemies from MUCH later in the game almost right at the start of the game.
    I know you didn't program it or anything, but you seem to know more about this stuff than I do.

I'm playing it on my PSP by the way, working just fine

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah it's not a perfect (by any means) demake of FFVII, so that's why I'm guessing that some things are out of place. Honestly I haven't even dug into this game yet, and no I probably don't know more about this stuff than you do hah.

And yeah NesterJ on the PSP has great ROM compatibility. I'm using NesterJ AoEX [R3] (which is based of an earlier revision of NesterJ), and all the FFVII ROMs run great, along with many other pirate carts!

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe I know more about FF7 as a PS1 game (I've completed it enough times, sometimes with challenges!), but not more about the ROMs

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I wish I knew more about the ROMs myself though hah. There's so many variations, and I found that ReadMe with those patches I included kinda confusing!

Looks like the latest/final one with its MANY contributors is def the best one though. Oh and I've never completed FFVII on the PSX . I need to play through that game eventually hah.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah same here, I played the first two I think (Both in English) and they seemed like good efforts but needed a lot of work, it seems that now that work has mostly been done. If they could add in enemy zoning it would be an amazing step!

You really should play FF7, that and FF9 are the best of the later ones. FF8 is good too but there are some balancing and storyline problems with it, I still like it though

Thanks
    EP Points

^Word man. Yeah I def need to make some time to sit down and play through FFVII (and some of the others too). Also really wanna play through this NES version as well. What a strange and wonderful demake! XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Just wanted to point out that there is no v2.0 of the game. At least not yet. There was a Patch 2 in the folder, which confused me about the revision lol.