Thread: MAME roms: which BIOS?

Thanks

Default MAME roms: which BIOS?

hi guys,
    I just downloaded the full 0.37b5 romset which I need to play with iMAME4all

It's huge and I prefer to upload just some roms at a time to my ipad

Problem is, I'd like to upload 1st thing all the BIOS roms, not to worry about it anymore.

Do you know - I cant find it anywhere - the full list of BIOS rom names? Apart from neogeo.zip, I dont know it!

thx

alessandro

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://static.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/MAMEBIOS.rar though this is for MAME 133 so will have extra's and updated bios sets that are not used in 0.37b5 so you are best off using something like clrmamepro and the dat file for version 37 that you can get from http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats_en.html

You can also get the PC MAME32 (older MAMEUI) from http://www.progettosnaps.net/UI_Muse...30-07-2000.exe

EDIT I wouldn't bother with the MAME bios pack we have at all (it only results in a neo-geo bios anyway once you scan it with clrmamepro using the dat for MAME 37b5) and MAME 37b5 does not list bios images anyway it just has a huge list with everything together

I am currios though so I am scanning my 150 set to build a 37b5 set from it to see how much is missing

It is very possible that neo-geo is the only bios that was used back then, that was the big one everyone asked about then as well, so as long as you have the master rom and the game is listed as working then it should just work asides from the neo geo games that use the neo-geo bios as the master rom

EDIT created a 0.37b5 set from my 150 set, the results are

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-November-2013 at 18:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR