Page 59 of 266 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ben 10 Affleck-Out: I feel like fame is wasted on me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Riela Marcellis View Post
    Eh, we all know the Arkham games are best Batman anything in recent times, so mnyah.
    I have the first one from PS+ Though I have yet to even try it out.

Although I've never been a big fan of Batman. I've only heard good things about the Arkham games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    I have the first one from PS+ Though I have yet to even try it out.

Although I've never been a big fan of Batman. I've only heard good things about the Arkham games.
    They're pretty much 3D Metroidvanias in the Batman universe. I thoroughly enjoyed both games.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They're pretty much 3D Metroidvanias in the Batman universe. I thoroughly enjoyed both games.
    Seeing as how I have a fondness for Metroidvania-style games. I should definitely try it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seeing as how I have a fondness for Metroidvania-style games. I should definitely try it.
    You will love it
    I do.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not much, just getting home from work. Been tired all damn day. Glad to be home finally!

I had a lot of fun! Deicide put on a great show. The openers, Digorged and Broken Hope, were also damn good. Plus I didn't even drink a single drop of alcohol. So I wasn't all hungover this morning. It almost seemed strange. Seeing as how that used to be the norm for me.
    So you only drink to get smashed ?

When I drank I only drank what tasted good
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

So the Deicide show last night was awesome. My ears are still a little messed up today, but not much. Had a great time in the pit. I guess I'm not too old...yet.
    Glad to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    He also ruined history with Argo, but I forgive him because the movie was good.

So there's that.
    lol, that is a movie I'd like to check out sometime, but I'd have to add it to........the pile.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not much, just getting home from work. Been tired all damn day. Glad to be home finally!

I had a lot of fun! Deicide put on a great show. The openers, Digorged and Broken Hope, were also damn good. Plus I didn't even drink a single drop of alcohol. So I wasn't all hungover this morning. It almost seemed strange. Seeing as how that used to be the norm for me.
    It's not delivery, it's Digorgio!

God, I hope they use some sort of pun with a name like that.

Eh, we all know the Arkham games are best Batman anything in recent times, so mnyah.
    True story.

Although the absence of mArk Ham hill in Arkham 3 is a downer.

As is the prequel status. Because apparently building on such a massively important moment that leads to numerous avenues for awesome character exploration and plot twistery is a bad idea or something.

Fuck the world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Al View Post
    Glad to hear it

lol, that is a movie I'd like to check out sometime, but I'd have to add it to........the pile.
    I actually had to stop it 5 minutes in to enter into a lengthy discussion on american imperialism and the macropolitics of the Iranian revolution as it pertained to the cold war.

Because the movie spent five minutes giving a cliff's notes version of the whole thing. Without loads of AMERICA FUCK YEAH overtones that you'd expect.

Which is simultaneously respectable and opened the gateway to lots of oil politics talk.

YAY!

And then it leads into a pretty interesting narrative that largely hits the key ideas of the hostage crisis while still taking massive liberties because it's a movie and movies do that. And it's pretty well played out. Even if some of the people involved in said crisis didn't exactly approve.

Which is disappointing, because I'm not sure their sentiment of "it's a bunch of pro-american garbage by a shallow hack" is really all that warranted.

But then again I didn't spend several months running from basement to basement under threat of death, so....

Thanks
    EP Points

After reading through six pages of Pokemon discussion. . . I feel really old. I was in highschool when it was popular, so the entire franchise went right by me.
    Damn kids with your loud music and your long hair and your pokymans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    There are a few of us around here. I just finished the series two nights ago, actually. Was rather disappointed in the ending, but oh well. It's hard to wrap up a 20+ year old series in a completely satisfactory way.
    Affinity Points Given. I actually haven't met many fellow fans, and it's hard to get people into a series that spans over 12,000 pages.
    I feel ya though; I used to tear through the books as a kid, but I've been stalled ON the climax for months now. It's sad that I'm enjoying editing a book I've read two times more than the finale of a series I've been following since I was 11.
    I blame Sanderson; he's a decent writer, but I really don't think he was up to the task.

Quote Originally Posted by kyary pamyu pamyu View Post
    So I'm not the only one to overlevel in RPG's? Awesome. My brother always bitches at me about it.I don't care.He doesn't believe me when I told him I defeated Chaos in FF1 easily.
    If you're level 70, he's a pushover! Yeah, my OCD explorationism usually beefs me up pretty good. Except for SMT games, in which you CAN'T be high enough level.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I heard about that. I really wish Japan would just grow out of its semi-pedophilia. Even idols are grown women who act like children because apparently that's what resonates with fans. Just... I dunno, man.
    Japan's really taken a bizarre approach to the increased status of women. I saw a sex study where they interviewed a hentai artist who said that he focuses on monsters and little girls because men no longer feel confident around women since the social gap has closed, so they feel more comfortable with children. . . and monsters represent atavistic male empowerment.
    Kind of scary when you get cogent sociological insight from a guy makes monsters rape little girls for a living.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    After reading through six pages of Pokemon discussion. . . I feel really old. I was in highschool when it was popular, so the entire franchise went right by me.
    Damn kids with your loud music and your long hair and your pokymans.

Affinity Points Given. I actually haven't met many fellow fans, and it's hard to get people into a series that spans over 12,000 pages.
    I feel ya though; I used to tear through the books as a kid, but I've been stalled ON the climax for months now. It's sad that I'm enjoying editing a book I've read two times more than the finale of a series I've been following since I was 11.
    I blame Sanderson; he's a decent writer, but I really don't think he was up to the task.

If you're level 70, he's a pushover! Yeah, my OCD explorationism usually beefs me up pretty good. Except for SMT games, in which you CAN'T be high enough level.
    You only need like level 25-30 in the NES version to beat chaos.
    And SMT1 is sooooooooooooooooooooo easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The VCR View Post
    You only need like level 25-30 in the NES version to beat chaos.
    And SMT1 is sooooooooooooooooooooo easy.
    I had OCD pretty bad as a kid. I still grind in my sleep.

Might have to give SMT1 a try then; I usually avoid the series, as I never finished the ones I did play (Nocturne, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Devil Survivor).
    I typically feel the story is too light, the grinding too heavy, and some of the bosses simply unbalanced.
    Granted, I haven't tried Persona 3 or 4 yet, which seem to be universally loved.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Usually I grind before I sleep.

HEYO!

Thanks
    EP Points

I finished Devil Survivor so many times, it's great. I'm close to beating persona 2 EP, but I need to reburn it.
    Persona 4 is amazing, recommended for every PS2 owner, but the first 2 real bosses are going to kick your ass.
    I don't care for Persona 3, liked 4 a lot better. The Raidou games are very easy, but still good. (Black Frost and Vritra Best team)
    SMT1 is goooooooooood, love the music. I recommend playing the PS1 version with a guide, because it's not in English, but it's oh so much better than the SNES version.
    (Status buffs are godly in these games, if you have trouble)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Usually I grind before I sleep.

HEYO!
    I've been elbowed awake many a time for sleep humping.
    As a bachelor, cats won't cuddle with me, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The VCR View Post
    I finished Devil Survivor so many times, it's great. I'm close to beating persona 2 EP, but I need to reburn it.
    Persona 4 is amazing, recommended for every PS2 owner, but the first 2 real bosses are going to kick your ass.
    I don't care for Persona 3, liked 4 a lot better. The Raidou games are very easy, but still good. (Black Frost and Vritra Best team)
    SMT1 is goooooooooood, love the music. I recommend playing the PS1 version with a guide, because it's not in English, but it's oh so much better than the SNES version.
    (Status buffs are godly in these games, if you have trouble)
    They're on my epic backlog, but if I'm going to catch up on annoyingly difficult series, Wizardry takes priority.