Page 103 of 266 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3976

Thread: The Ben 10 Affleck-Out: I feel like fame is wasted on me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Dogs were domesticated long before cats were
    Experts may disagree about when either were actually domesticated, but it is pretty much accepted that dogs came first. By a huge margin.
    Good for hunting, protecting people, other animals and property.

Yeah, cats are good for controlling vermin (of the small kind). But they aren't as clean as you think, they carry many diseases.
    But of course, so can dogs.

Not all dogs need to be cleaned, many like the water and will clean their own paws etc.
    Short hair is best, little need for grooming.
    Well, written history only dates to what, like 7000 years? And both were used as domesticated tools lubby dubby adowableness before that. Common sense does dictate dogs would be domesticated first, even without records, because early civilizations didn't bother with pest control. They didn't even bother with houses for how long, never mind palaces. Lazy cuddly things would serve no purpose to early societies.
    --Hell, if you believe Frazer/Freud, people didn't even figure out incest was bad until extremely late in human evolution (the Japanese are a bit behind )--
    But behavioral evolution doesn't necessarily require thousands of years; my cat is a mixed Maine Coon (he ain't no ordinary coon, bitches, he da MAIN coon, yo!). . .

whose ancestors were used mostly to catch mice on ships in New England dating back only a few hundred years, yet he retains the hereditary habit of sleeping in closed-in, dark spaces, and avoiding venturing outside his usual perimeter (contrary to most cats, who love to explore). Likewise, the Chartreux I mentioned earlier were only domesticated after the Crusades--mountain cats brought back to monasteries by Templars.

As for disease, any creature can carry those. Just ask Peter Griffin.

I simply meant that dogs, overall, aren't as clean, as they lack cleaning agents in their tongues that they use on themselves obsessively AT ALL FUCKING TIMES. (seriously, wake up with a cat licking itself while staring at you. . . CREEEEPY!
    But many diseases are spread more by fleas than the hosts themselves, who serve as carriers, whether infected or not.
    --fun fact on that topic: commonly accepted (if unprovable) theory is that the Bubonic plague was able to spread in large part because of the overabundance of disease carrying (flea infested) rats. . . which had a direct causal relation to the Catholic church trying to purge the world of cats.

--yeah, I'm pretty bad when you get me started on nerdy topics. . . sorry.
    Last edited by Ikusagami; 20th-October-2013 at 10:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

Morning.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    I simply meant that dogs, overall, aren't as clean, as they lack cleaning agents in their tongues that they use on themselves obsessively AT ALL FUCKING TIMES. (seriously, wake up with a cat licking itself while staring at you. . . CREEEEPY!
    But many diseases are spread more by fleas than the hosts themselves, who serve as carriers, whether infected or not.
    --fun fact on that topic: commonly accepted (if unprovable) theory is that the Bubonic plague was able to spread in large part because of the overabundance of disease carrying (flea infested) rats. . . which had a direct causal relation to the Catholic church trying to purge the world of cats.
    Both cats and dogs can be plague carriers, just like rats/mice...well, carriers of carriers

Anyway, apparently cats are to blame for this.
    And raw meat too, I guess.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-October-2013 at 10:25.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

(´・ω・`)
    Last edited by Elin; 10th-July-2014 at 18:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

(´・ω・`)
    Last edited by Elin; 10th-July-2014 at 18:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fish is awesome, I couldn't live without it in my diet.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Both cats and dogs can be plague carriers, just like rats/mice...well, carriers of carriers

Anyway, apparently cats are to blame for this.
    And raw meat too, I guess.
    "Animals are infected by eating infected meat, by ingestion of feces of a cat that has itself recently been infected, and by transmission from mother to fetus."
    That is why I no longer eat pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    And I ate sushi~! Inarizushi, umeshiso maki, kappamaki, takuanmaki... Things like that. There are still yummy things you can eat in Japan as a vegetarian.
    I had to look up every one of those. . .
    and you have not eaten sushi! Not any more than people who eat "California rolls" and stuff with cream cheese on it.
    You gotta try the Mackerel, the Snapper, The Yellow-friggin'-Tail! . . . .I'm honestly drooling just talking about this. . . . *convulsions*

But really, even if it isn't something you grew up eating, limiting yourself to a childhood diet is surprisingly parochial for somebody willing to travel across the world and LIVE in a country you didn't grow up in. If you have no moral obligation to vegetarianism, you can at least TRY a variety before making an assessment. Avoiding something out of the presumptive fear you won't like it could just be keeping you from all kinds of meals you could well love.
    You can't decide you dislike anything until you've put it in your mouth at least once!
    . . .
    . . .
    GoB's gonna ask if I'm gay again.

And, obligatory troll comment: Hitler was a vegetarian. You aren't a Nazi. . . are you?

Thanks
    EP Points

Fish is awesome, I couldn't live without it in my diet.
    Did I mention old(er) dood has good tastes?

Thanks
    EP Points

And, obligatory troll comment: Hitler was a vegetarian. You aren't a Nazi. . . are you?
    He also liked dogs.

I liked smoked fish tbh, but grilled is ok too.
    Eat a fair bit of tuna 'cos it's quick and easy to use (for lunches and stuff).
    But also local fresh water fish, like brown & rainbow trout.
    Even some smoked eel sometimes...but I haven't had any of that for a while now

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Oh, exactly 2500 posts.
    Never post again.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Never post again.
    Not all posts count

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Animals are infected by eating infected meat, by ingestion of feces of a cat that has itself recently been infected, and by transmission from mother to fetus."
    That is why I no longer eat pussy.

I had to look up every one of those. . .
    and you have not eaten sushi! Not any more than people who eat "California rolls" and stuff with cream cheese on it.
    You gotta try the Mackerel, the Snapper, The Yellow-friggin'-Tail! . . . .I'm honestly drooling just talking about this. . . . *convulsions*

But really, even if it isn't something you grew up eating, limiting yourself to a childhood diet is surprisingly parochial for somebody willing to travel across the world and LIVE in a country you didn't grow up in. If you have no moral obligation to vegetarianism, you can at least TRY a variety before making an assessment. Avoiding something out of the presumptive fear you won't like it could just be keeping you from all kinds of meals you could well love.
    You can't decide you dislike anything until you've put it in your mouth at least once!
    . . .
    . . .
    GoB's gonna ask if I'm gay again.

The word sushi refers to the "curing" process rather than the fish content. It's just a coincidence that most sushi involves fish as the japanese tend to put fish in everything.

Also, RE: fish being healthy, mercury says hi. As does my bowel movements as one of japan's biggest fishing grounds happens to be a few clicks off the coast of where this town drops its sewage. Happy eating!

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the radioactivity would be nearly as much of an issue now

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

(´・ω・`)
    Last edited by Elin; 10th-July-2014 at 18:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

Making real progress in FFVII and Borderlands 2 now. I'll be glad when these two games are out of my "Currently playing list"