Thread: Stuck getting my roms to run on ppsspp for android

Thanks

Default Stuck getting my roms to run on ppsspp for android

I tried first with Little Big Planet, followed all the instructions and extracted the files using androzip and it still couldnt run it, I thought it was the files so I downloaded Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and the same thing happened. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what. I'm new to emulating and I've only managed to play GBA, N64 and SNES on my android

PS: I cant use a computer for emulation cuz it's too slow and wont even run GBA games smoothly

Thanks
    EP Points

I've just begun venturing into psp emulation on android as well. What are the file extensions you're ending up with after extraction??? Also if you have a lower end phone like a cheap huawei it may not even run fast enough to play no matter what you do. Also make sure you're using the most upto date version of the emulator which is .9.1 and here's the page for the latest builds

Is it loading at all or just closing up or what? Need a little more info Oh and post the specs of your phone!!!!

Actually I just checked and the games do seem compatible but may take some doing.

Thanks

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3

After extracting all the files from the zipped folder (102 files in total) noticed all of them happen to be just 14 mb with the exception of an .r97 file(3.4mb), an .sfv(2.3kb), an .nfo(5.5kb) and the .iso file which is the largest file(287.5mb). There is this one lone file that's still compressed (.rar) and it's 14mb like the others but it contains an .iso file and I'm having an awful time extracting that.

Could that be the reason this game wont load?

Anyways as for the emulator… when I open it(the app) I tap on the "Game" tab which takes me to my folders to look for the game I wanna load. I look for the file I wanna launch and select it, but after that the screen goes and stays black the whole time, displaying only the controls. I know it's trying to run it cause when I open the menu where it asks me to either save or load the game, close, etc. in the background you can see the game's title as if it were a wallpaper.

I'm seriously stuck, especially with Androzip that wont extract that .iso from that compressed folder. It's the only file that wont budge.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm guessing you've got an archive inside an archive (if I'm reading what you've posted correctly).

Use 7zip to extract from the .rar file only. It will combine and extract all the other parts of the split archive.
    The .r97 file should be smaller if it is the last part of the archive set (the last part is always smaller).
    Don't worry about the .nfo or .sfv files, they aren't really relevant.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm guessing you've got an archive inside an archive (if I'm reading what you've posted correctly).

Use 7zip to extract from the .rar file only. It will combine and extract all the other parts of the split archive.
    The .r97 file should be smaller if it is the last part of the archive set (the last part is always smaller).
    Don't worry about the .nfo or .sfv files, they aren't really relevant.

Yup that's it. Sorta figured, that's why the first thing I asked was for the file extensions.

May want to move your files to a pc and do all your extracting and then move the iso back. I personally just find it easier.

Thanks

Yes!!!! Finally got it to work, I just switched to 7Zipper and decompressed the remaining file and the game is running smoothly, thanks to both of you!