Thread: Pocket Monsters: The Origin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Pocket Monsters: The Origin

OMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWDMAGAWD

Sometime last year or the year before, an announcement was made hinting at a "Pokemon Adventure" Series of anime that would chronicle the adventures of Red as laid out in the manga which was based directly on the video games. No more Ash or Gary. This is pokemon as it was meant to be. Hoepfully Team Rocket will be as violent and criminal as Jesse and James were ... well, not.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Leave it to Jazz to find more Pokemon stuff

Thanks

Is that a swimming Charizard towards the end?

It's definitely nice seeing them branch out from the ongoing anime, even if it is just a special.

Thanks

Woah. This looks AWESOME! Checking Wikipedia, it's supposed to air in Japan on Oct. 2. I seriously hope a fansub shows up shortly after that.
    I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Thanks

For those who care, the fansub's out. Haven't watched it yet, but I skimmed through it and it seems they actually managed to condense the game's story to 90 minutes. Cool. Dare we hope for a sequel covering Gold/Silver?

EDIT: Just finished watching it. It's excellent. If you're like me and Red/Blue is your favorite in the series, this is the film you've been waiting for. The bulk of it is taken up with the Team Rocket storyline with only a few battles shown in full and the rest shown via montage, but what's there is very well done. The animation is gorgeous, the voice acting is good (Naruto's seiyuu as Red was a nice surprise), and the remixed tunes from the original game are awesome. All in all, a definite thumbs up for fans of the franchise. The only downside is that they didn't expand the story into a trilogy, cause they totally could have. Oh well.
    Last edited by Retroguy; 5th-October-2013 at 01:12. Reason: So I wouldn't triple post.
    I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.