Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The all "ENGAGING" Star Trek Thread!!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about this. Had some fun things I wanted to post here. Have to wait until on the lappy agan though.

Enjoy season 4!!! That was where things really start to get good as a series, for me anyways.

Thanks
    EP Points

Into Darkness Blu-Ray acquired

Happy happy happy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Into Darkness Blu-Ray acquired

Happy happy happy.
    I haven't looked at the retail of that yet, does it have DTS HD-MA? Or just Dolby True HD?

Edit: Not looking to start an audio format argument, DTS is just a personal preference.
    I seem to recall the first reboot is Dolby True HD only not sure though.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-September-2013 at 02:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I haven't looked at the retail of that yet, does it have DTS HD-MA? Or just Dolby True HD?

Edit: Not looking to start an audio format argument, DTS is just a personal preference.
    I seem to recall the first reboot is Dolby True HD only not sure though.
    Uh

Wat

Thanks
    EP Points

Uh

Wat
    Audio, dude
    It should be stated on the back of the case, down the bottom.

Why didn't you get the DVD version...I thought you can't tell the difference?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OMG I'm watching it right now.

Thanks

Great film! Love the villian! After watching it I noticed Sherlock on Netflix. Gave it a go, and WOW! Great series! Even has Bilbo from the Hobbit movie as Doc Watson. I am really intrigued by the Sherlock actor. I see Oscar's in his future!
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sherlock is a great little series. Definitely recommend anyone who enjoyed Benedict Cumberpatch's performance on Into Darkness.

One of the days I'm going to force myself into watching Enterprise. I was always put off when I saw bits of it, but its star trek so why not

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    One of the days I'm going to force myself into watching Enterprise. I was always put off when I saw bits of it, but its star trek so why not
    If you skip the intro (because the music is the worst thing to ever happen to Star Trek), and can bear Scott Bakula's typical bad acting (and it isn't "cool" bad acting like William Shatner...Bakula is just a fecking retard ) it's watchable.
    There are loads of other things wrong with the show but I won't go into that because it really deserves a thread of it's own...with massive spoiler tags

There are actually some good ep's, notably In a Mirror, Darkly 2 parter (has different audio and visual intro), the "augments" story (Brent Spiner) is ok imo, the "Terra Prime" story is kind of interesting (Peter Weller) and some of the stuff involving the Andorians (Jeffrey Combs) is a little interesting too I guess.
    The last episode is rather terrible though, Jonathan Frakes & Marina Sirtis both look fat and old.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you skip the intro (because the music is the worst thing to ever happen to Star Trek), and can bear Scott Bakula's typical bad acting (and it isn't "cool" bad acting like William Shatner...Bakula is just a fecking retard ) it's watchable.
    There are loads of other things wrong with the show but I won't go into that because it really deserves a thread of it's own...with massive spoiler tags

There are actually some good ep's, notably In a Mirror, Darkly 2 parter (has different audio and visual intro), the "augments" story (Brent Spiner) is ok imo, the "Terra Prime" story is kind of interesting (Peter Weller) and some of the stuff involving the Andorians (Jeffrey Combs) is a little interesting too I guess.
    The last episode is rather terrible though, Jonathan Frakes & Marina Sirtis both look fat and old.
    I do like Jeffrey Combs, he was one of the best things about DS9. I'll probably need to start watching from the beginning to get an idea of things (character development and all that)

Thanks
    EP Points

Audio, dude
    It should be stated on the back of the case, down the bottom.

Why didn't you get the DVD version...I thought you can't tell the difference?
    I got a new TV, and yeah, there's a difference.

On the old 50" DLP, you can tell the difference between SD and HD, but after that, there was no improvement with Blu-Ray. On the new TV, a Blu-Ray makes a movie so clear it looks like a TV episode.

Pretty nice

Thanks
    EP Points

I got a new TV, and yeah, there's a difference.

On the old 50" DLP, you can tell the difference between SD and HD, but after that, there was no improvement with Blu-Ray. On the new TV, a Blu-Ray makes a movie so clear it looks like a TV episode.

Pretty nice
    The TNG Blu-Ray releases are the best I've ever seen. Not even tv broadcasts could be this good...unless they've been broadcasting these versions in NA, I don't think it has been done here
    As I've said before, a little grain for some scenes, but you get that with a lot of old tv shows.
    And there are a few seconds here and there (noted in the menus) that have been upconverted from SD source (I can't remember the exact amount of ep's so far that have like 3 seconds of upconverted, but it would be less than a half dozen for S1-4).
    But the vast majority is completely remastered, so it really does blow the DVD versions away.
    The audio is just awesome
    I haven't looked into it, but I'm starting to think that the DVD versions were just transcoded from VHS.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jeffrey Combs is really good. After Garak, Weioun is my fave secondary character. And of course he also plays liquidator Brunt.

Shran is a great character imo. Too bad they didn't do more with that show politically and forming the Federation which is what I thought it was going to be. They killed some continuity with the Borg and Ferengi which were not supposed to be seen until tng. The borg episode does fit well though but it's more that they are aware they exist but not by name as it seems they were careful not to reveal the word borg in the episode. And the Ferengi were never seen in person until tng. Anyway hard to ramble on the phone so I'll stop for now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Jeffrey Combs is really good. After Garak, Weioun is my fave secondary character. And of course he also plays liquidator Brunt.

Shran is a great character imo. Too bad they didn't do more with that show politically and forming the Federation which is what I thought it was going to be. They killed some continuity with the Borg and Ferengi which were not supposed to be seen until tng. The borg episode does fit well though but it's more that they are aware they exist but not by name as it seems they were careful not to reveal the word borg in the episode. And the Ferengi were never seen in person until tng. Anyway hard to ramble on the phone so I'll stop for now.
    I'm curious now what next big threat will be there for the next star trek film seeing as they've done Khan Maybe they'll re introduce Q

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    I'm curious now what next big threat will be there for the next star trek film seeing as they've done Khan Maybe they'll re introduce Q
    Q would be interesting but they'll probably wait until they reboot tng which you all know will eventually happen.

They startex their five year mission now so who knows. They were thinking Trelain or whatever his name is as an enemy candidate for the latest movie when starting it so maybe him and also he's a kinda Q like character but it seems to me that would be too hard to write.

My money is on Klingons which we were introduced to in the latest movie. And looked stupid if you ask me. Also that lead Klingon who speaks in the movie - was that the same guy who plays Worfs brother Kern???