Thread: Pokemon

Thanks

Default Pokemon

Alright, so here's what I was thinking. It's all speculation, but the fact is Gamefreak pays very close attention to very minute details. It's why we know X and Y is going to be in Europe. So I have a "so stupid it couldn't be true but just maybe" theory and a "so far out there it could only be true if the people running the show worked at gamefreak and even then you're pushing it" theory.

The former is that, with this generation being set in Europe, this is the PAL version of Mewtwo, and they're just now getting their 1st Gen legendaries, and they've been upgraded just like every International release ever.

Now, loop this song while I lay the groundwork for my conspiracy

Alright, so there's a couple theories floating around as to the significance of the 6th Gen game names, X and Y. It's basically been settled upon that they share a double meaning as the axes of the cartesian plane, (X,Y) with the potential 3rd game being Z, assuming they don't pull a X^2 and Y^2 or something -- due to it being the first to premier in 3D -- and as the X and Y chromosomes, as the entire series revolves around evolution (durrrr) and genetic engineering (eeveelutions, Mew/Mewtwo, Castform). The X and Y chromosome theory gained more ground when the new eeveelution was revealed, and as far as I'm concerned, this new guy, which I am going to call Mewcubed, because Mewthree sounds like ass, just cements it for me.

It's been established in multiple games that there are organizations that exist in multiple regions who make it their business to f*** with Pokemon in ways that are more glossed over and made "okay" than half the plot points of a Majora's Mask playthrough, including the genetic research lab that used to be on Cinnabar Island, the use of technology to induce reactions from Pokemon (basically the entirety of what's going on in Johto), the use of technology to clone Pokemon ("Leave your fossils with me and watch me become God!"), the use of technology to enhance Pokemon (Genesect), the use of technology to flat out create Pokemon (Castform, and in a huge stretch, Rotom), and let's not forget "DEFINITELY ALIENS" for good measure (Deoxys and...sigh...Clefairy). So even if you're perfectly fine with raising Pokemon for battling each other for cash prizes, this stuff kind of overshadows it in a big way.

What have we got in Europe? The Eiffel Tower, some nice architecture, lots of good skylines--

Oh, and that team of scientists who are constantly pushing the limits of science in Switzerland. Wunderbar.

So, if the focus is still on genes and evolution, and "breeding" the "very best" Pokemon possible, odds are this little facility is going to be Frankensteining hard, but in a classy way so that kids won't notice. I bet all the scientists will be really nice, and the criminal syndicate of choice will be raiding the place at the time, eliminating the need for the player to consider whether or not these scientists were asking for it in the first place, because Team Westboro Baptist will be there and they need to be stopped from kidnapping the head scientist/president/whatever. Who better to bring back than the original genetic mistake and eternal crowd-favorite, Mewtwo?

As an aside, it's not news to anyone that, despite the fact that the games and the show don't have identical plots, they do share a number of similarities. These are usually in the form of characters (gym leaders, professors, crime syndicate), cities (the major ones), and both the show and the movie generally progresses through a region/generation in the same fashion as the games do. What I mean by the movies is, we weren't meeting Arceus on VHS in 1999. Pokemon's 16th movie is coming out in July this year, which is pretty damn close to Gen 6. It'll star Genesects masquerading as Power Rangers, but will also star...wait for it...wait for it...fucking Mewtwo.

Clearly, Mewtwo has a part to play beyond turning Ash into a statue again.

Now, looking at Mewcubed's ugly mug, there's some notable differences, of course. The first being, it's a lot smaller, and it's tail has somehow migrated to its fucking skull. That ain't right. Also of note are its eyes, which are very much not Mewtwo's eyes.

In 1999, there was a CD drama put out called Birth of Mewtwo, in which a distraught Dr. Fuji is experimenting heavily in cloning in an effort to recreate his deceased daughter. Though it is not expressed explicitly, I believe that the massive differences in Mewtwo and Mew's physical and mental states is possible due to the input of human DNA. Dr. Fuji was a baaad man. This lends to Mewtwo's bipedal form, elongated arms, more pronounced digits, etc. Mewtwo looks more like a human being in a Mew suit than a Mew in a human being suit.

But back to the eyes. It's the pupils. Mewtwo's eyes are decidedly more "human" compared to this little kangaroo cat thing.

Mew's eyes are basically horse eyes...and so are Mewcubed's eyes. You can see a faint tracing so you know he doesn't have cataracts, but it's nowhere near Mewtwo's eyes. This leads me to believe that Mewcubed is another genetic experiment using Mew's DNA, but not involving human DNA. Though it is technically bipedal, and the digits are pronounced, to an extent, there are a ton of features that just aren't human at all. I was focused on that coat hanger on top of his head for a while, but I eventually said f*** it, it's a mystery. But the ears/horns and the tail...that's familiar. That's REALLY familiar. So I ran through the list of abominations that science has wrought in the Pokemon games. I knew that Mewcubed had to be the result of splicing Mew DNA with another Pokemon, but when you're messing with what is basically the spawn of all Pokemon that aren't extra-dimensional space-goats like Arceus, and what is regarded as a real gem of a psychic-type Pokemon, you're not gonna splice that shit with just anything. You want the best...Psychic type...oh shit...

How better to push the limits of breeding than to mix Mew with an alien that adapts to everything?

Take a look at Speed Mode, on the far right. Notice some familiar features? His skull-boner may not be curvy like Mew's tail, but what are those little triangles sticking up right there? Oh, those are its ears/horns/fins/whatever.

I'm going to posit right now that they tried to harness the same psychic power that was obtained in the creation of Mewtwo, with the absurd power that Deoxys brings to the table. Because the one thing Mewtwo needed was to be even faster and hit even harder, right? And is there really a better psychic-type alternative than Deoxys?

Anyone familiar with Mewtwo's "real world" origins will find this even more compelling. Mewtwo's design is eerily reminiscent of the "big bad" from Mother for the NES, Giegue (probably more commonly known as Giygas from the sequel, Earthbound, for the SNES).

Giegue/Giygas is an alien with PSI powers that is determined to punish humanity, was betrayed by the people who raised him, and was ultimately defeated by the power of love...

Wait a minute...

Oh yeaaah, that's exactly what happened in that first movie. And take a shot in the dark on who developed the Earthbound series. I'll give you a hint: in Earthbound, you fight random encounters and traverse the land in a quest to obtain 8 macguffins that will allow you to face the strongest foe in the game and be a big damn hero.

Wait a minute...

Yeah, it was Gamefreak. I'm still peeved that the mom in the Pokemon games doesn't make dinner on a regular basis, but that's not important to the theory.

So that's that. Mew + Deoxys = Mewcubed. It's a long shot, especially considering there's still not too much info, but it's certainly within the realm of plausibility
    Last edited by lcazor555; 4th-August-2013 at 17:55.