Thread: Afterglow Xbox360 controller, Rumble, ePSXe180, Driver question

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Afterglow Xbox360 controller, Rumble, ePSXe180, Driver question

Hey guys. I know very similar questions have been asked already and I honestly did try the solutions to them, including using XBCD.

My question is: What if I can't get XBCD to be set up as my driver if it's not appearing at all at the Device Manager?

I'll try to explain in detail. To get this information out the way, my Afterglow Xbox360 controller works perfectly on the ePSXe emulator. All I really did was plug my USB wired controller, find the Xbox 360 driver on the Microsoft site, and it works.

But I understand that to use rumble on the emulator, I got to have XBCD working. What exactly do I need to do? Do I need to uninstall "USB Human Interface Device" and that will get XBCD installed?

Thank you for your help. Ask me anything so we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to run as Administrator. We went through this a little ways back and Knightshade figured it out. It was for 1.7 as 1.8 wasn't released at the time but I really don't see that it matters - here's the page.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...=rumble+driver

Some of this may be helpful too!

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...=rumble+driver

To be honest I don't remember a damn thing

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, Zaladane, but those are the posts I saw when I tried to Google search this challenge! lol. I really appreciate it, though. I tried running everything as Administrator.

I think the issue lies with me getting rid of the "official" Xbox 360 controller driver and letting the XBCD driver in, and I find it tricky. I can install XBCD as an Administrator as much as I can, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I am grateful all of the other function of the controller is working well and I can play Playstation just fine (The R2 and L2 thing is no biggie lolffviii).

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...er-for-windows

This is the driver I currently got.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the trigger thing is no big deal you can just reverse them and the bumpers. As for the rest I honestly don't remember. We went over this a few times back then and in other threads. We'll have to see who else responds as I'm taking off in a moment.

Thanks
    EP Points

Awesome. Just an update:

I uninstalled the official Xbox 360 driver, so now my controller is "dead" until I get a new driver in, which would be the XBCD. When I installed it, I did the USB View program and see the Afterglow that is plugged in idVendor and idProduct. The idVendor is "1BAD" (that's not good lol) and the idProduct is "F900". This is way different from what's in XBCD.inf.

Am I getting closer? All I need to do is change the values, but it's not letting me.

Edit: I got it to be recognized and now it's showing "XBCD Xbox Gamepad", under "Human Interface Devices". I was able to find the driver under the Source folder of the XBCD when Windows was looking for a driver. Yet, it gives me the "This device cannot start (code 10)".

I installed XBCD to my "Download" folder instead of putting it in Program Files and I was able to change the values of the Afterglow. I'm at my wit's ends lol
    Last edited by TsukiyoX; 9th-July-2013 at 01:37.