Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why all the Nintendo hate? And why drop $400+ on a new console?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lcazor555 View Post
    I wouldn't blame them for taking another risk, they already lost a HUGE profit when the Nintendo 3DS didn't sell and they were forced to actually lower the profits. The only thing they can really do is play it safe, more risks would prove fatal to the company.
    I really don't know where you get your info from. Nintendo handhelds have been running strong for years.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Still didn't stop me from buying it near its initial launch, plus it delivered ALL of what it promised.
    Blowhards with their, "I WANT MA SUPERPOWERD HANDHELD COMPUTER SO I CAN STILL PIRATE GAEMS NAO!!!!!" spiel is obviously not who the 3DS is marketed for.
    It's done fairly well and seeing fans bitch because some game is reinvented, or this gameplay looks like something else is just wearing the hate like its a shirt.
    I can't even say "true" fans without a million trolls quick to point out something wrong with a console or handheld without looking at what is right.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

A forum post by a random dude and a more than 2 years old article. Nice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wii U is the SHIT, I love it. Who cares about haters !! (everyone on here)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Prude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OK Im sorry if im not welcome on this converse but nintendo is a very contraversal company. After all i can say with all sincerity nintendo recreated the video game industry so without nintendo the xbox and playstation wouldnt exist. Thats just from my point of view.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by resident evil2 nemesis View Post
    OK Im sorry if im not welcome on this converse but nintendo is a very contraversal company. After all i can say with all sincerity nintendo recreated the video game industry so without nintendo the xbox and playstation wouldnt exist. Thats just from my point of view.

I dunno - Sony pioneered the CD (along with phillips?) So multimedia and gaming machines were likely to evolve with or without Nintendo.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    Wii U is the SHIT, I love it. Who cares about haters !! (everyone on here)
    So its that good eh?

Wish I had the cash since that new Xeno game looks freakin Fantastic.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    A forum post by a random dude and a more than 2 years old article. Nice.
    Well he isn't wrong in that Nintendo did lose money on each sold 3DS following the price slash in 2011. Last year Nintendo reported their first annual loss in 30 years because of the price cut. But since last summer they are (again) making a profit on the 3DS.

Now the situation isn't quite as dire as lcazor555 is making it out to be. Nintendo got shit-tons of money in the bank and the 3DS is selling really well now. Wii U is a disaster though, as we all know.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Over here in Canada Target is clearing out the basic Wii U for $150. Fucking tempting. I know that's the cheapest its going to be in the next ~3 years, and the system will probably have a half decent lineup in a year or so. If only I didn't have to go to work I'd go hunting for one...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I dunno - Sony pioneered the CD (along with phillips?) So multimedia and gaming machines were likely to evolve with or without Nintendo.
    I agree with this - In the early 90's the PC beat everyone to the multimedia punch, and Nintendo had ZERO effect on what PC's were doing. Had there been no consoles, it's safe to assume that eventually someone would have started making some type of consolized PC in the hopes to invade the living room. Would the gaming landscape and types of games be different? Sure
    Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    Wish I had the cash since that new Xeno game looks freakin Fantastic.
    Too bad that game won't come out until 2016 probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Over here in Canada Target is clearing out the basic Wii U for $150. Fucking tempting. I know that's the cheapest its going to be in the next ~3 years, and the system will probably have a half decent lineup in a year or so. If only I didn't have to go to work I'd go hunting for one...
    Someone else is completely clearing out their stock of Wii U systems - was it in the UK? I remember seeing a week ago that some huge chain is getting rid of all the Wii U's and will not stock it again. In all my years of gaming, I have never heard of something like this, nor have I ever seen stores (like Target) slash the price on a new console in it's first year. And with that said, I still wouldn't spend $150 on the thing.

EDIT: Found the related article to the retailer not resupplying the system: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/29...tocking-wii-u/
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 5th-August-2013 at 19:49.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Too bad that game won't come out until 2016 probably
    Not if nintendo knows whats good for um
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by God of Battle View Post
    Not if nintendo knows whats good for um
    I think it's pretty clear with their performance in recent years, that they are totally out of touch and clearly don't know what's a good move anymore. All new game systems have droughts with new software that first year, but good God the software line-up for the Wii U is fucking pathetic. I wouldn't hold my breath for that Xeno game

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Get it Mr. Ragnar

Thanks

[QUOTE=FlavaFlave;1665516]I agree with this - In the early 90's the PC beat everyone to the multimedia punch, and Nintendo had ZERO effect on what PC's were doing. Had there been no consoles, it's safe to assume that eventually someone would have started making some type of consolized PC in the hopes to invade the living room. Would the gaming landscape and types of games be different? Sure

Well you got me there.
    For the most part a lot of the ground work that atari made was lost in the video game crash of 83 and 84 and nintendo brought it back and revamped it (like Acclaim did with Valliant's Shadow Man and Turok comics), so im looking at the console side of things not from the whole thing so i know The pc world will expand but consoles just wont make any profit it the crash didnt end.