Thread: Lords of the Realm II DOSBox version? [Android]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Lords of the Realm II DOSBox version? [Android]

I'm sure people ask about DOSBox all the time, but I have a bit of an issue here that's more specific.

I have a copy of Lords of the Realm II that surprisingly runs okay without the need of DOSBox.. and it's from 1996.

There's a download for it somewhere on this site actually that's the same as the one I have.

But my question is, why can't I run it on DOSbox? I want to get it to work so I can put it on my tablet, because the way it is now, it won't run on my tablet but it will on my computer. It's an Android tablet and DOSBox is fully supported on the device.. the compatibility list clearly shows both versions of Lords of the Realm are supported. I know that DOS is a Microsoft thing, but I know for a fact that DOS games can be played on DOSBox on Android.

So do I need a different version of the game? Has anyone run this game on their Android device? Just any relevant information would be great.

I always get this message "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

********EDIT!**********

Resolved! It turned out I was right about what the issue was! The version of Lords of the Realm II on this site is apparently running it's own version of DOSbox in the background so that it works without an installation on modern OS. So all you have to do is run the executable file. I was able to track down an unedited file that requires installation and it runs just fine.
    Last edited by Dr Android; 28th-June-2013 at 05:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Android For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.