Thread: Help with getting Dino Crisis (ePSXe) to work.

Thanks

Default Help with getting Dino Crisis (ePSXe) to work.

Ok so I think I'm doing something wrong. I went through the FAQS suggested but they didn't help. Alright so I want to play Dino Crisis on ePSXe.

Firstly I followed the ECM and APE Guide by Zorlon. I got through with all the steps except for the last one "Creating a bin+cue CD image from the Virtual drive using imgburn and burn the image". I was able to create the new image file but writing it to the disc is what I am having trouble with. I don't have an actual burner so I got a Virtual one using TotalMounter. ImgBurn recognised it but I had a lot of trouble. First I continually got the error "Unsupported image file. Reason: image file less than 2048 bytes". Eventually that error message changed to other error messages. Today I got a miscompare error message. I thought it had to do with the program so I downloaded others like UltraISO and Alcohol 120% but they got errors as well in the writing process. So I really have no idea what is going on and actually I don't understand why it needs to be burnt. I thought the point was to make an iso to mount on Daemon.

I configured ePSXe already; got the bios and downloaded graphic and sound plugins so I think that should be good. When I try to run the game to see if anything will happen I just get black screen.

Any kind of help at all will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You don't need to burn the game to emulate it on ePSXe, as you said, you can run the image file and play it that way.

If you already have the image file extracted, since you didn't mention what plugins gave you that black screen, have a look at the configuration suggested in the PSX datacenter page to see if it helps:

http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/d...sc-u_list.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    You don't need to burn the game to emulate it on ePSXe, as you said, you can run the image file and play it that way.

If you already have the image file extracted, since you didn't mention what plugins gave you that black screen, have a look at the configuration suggested in the PSX datacenter page to see if it helps:

http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/d...sc-u_list.html
    Thank you so much for the reply and that helpful site.

These are my configurations
    Graphics - Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    Sound - Eternal SPU 1.41
    CdRom - ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

When I changed the graphic plugin to "Pete's OpenGL Driver v2.9 " as that site suggested and tried to load it gave two messages - "Missing render-texture extension" and then "No pixel format available". So I changed it back to the D3D.

When I tried to run the game from the .cue file using the Run ISO selection, the game just loaded the title screen with "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore" and I couldn't get passed that. So what else am I doing wrong? Do I need to load the .bin file instead?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah your GPU doesn't support opengl 2 you can try petes opengl 1.79 and see if that works. If not you can always try the soft video plugin. I have a sneaking suspicion you have an integrated intel graphics chip??

Thanks

Yup yup. That is indeed what I have Intel HD Graphics. I will try your suggestion in a bit. Changing the plugins will help me get past the title screen?

Well when I used Pete's OpenGL 1.77 the game showed in only a portion of my screen and I still can't get past that title screen
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 22nd-June-2013 at 10:13. Reason: posts merged