Thanks

Default Newbie here (PCSX2 emulator)

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
    AMD Athlon II X2 240
    Regor 45nm Technology

RAM
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-18)

Graphics
    L177WSB (1440x900@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

I downloaded the PCSX2 from HERE but I didn't follow some settings / setup because it drops down my FPS like hell. So I setup on my own it works smooth but I still encounter some problems when I walk/run in different cities, when I view the status of the Hero or Party Mates. FPS goes down from 60 to 48 - 38 Audio became delay. Usually the FPS that I have is 60-59 highest is 65. I need help how to improve this ?

PS: The game is called Suikoden 3

Just to add something if I didn't state my problem very clear it's the same in this Video
    When random monster attacks, look how the FPS drops the audio became delay as well.
    Last edited by Etanoissap Xes; 21st-June-2013 at 08:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

We don't need to know anything your monitor, hard drive, optical drive or motherboard, so feel free to edit those out.

I've read reports of speed drops when playing this game on machines that do meet the minimum requirements, so if the speedhacks don't work you may be out of luck. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there was a specific PCSX2 version for this game, so I will keep looking.

Because you didn't follow the default setup, make sure that you have GSdx (the graphics plugin) set to DirectX 10/11.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    We don't need to know anything your monitor, hard drive, optical drive or motherboard, so feel free to edit those out.

I've read reports of speed drops when playing this game on machines that do meet the minimum requirements, so if the speedhacks don't work you may be out of luck. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there was a specific PCSX2 version for this game, so I will keep looking.

Because you didn't follow the default setup, make sure that you have GSdx (the graphics plugin) set to DirectX 10/11.
    Speed hack helps like 90% The 10% left is my problem about the sudden drops of FPS every random monsters. It's like on this VIDEO FPS and Audio become shitty. Added this if didn't state my problem clearly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, that is basically what I assumed from your post. If the speed hacks that you are currently using are not enough, then you are probably out of luck.

However, there are some things you can try:
    1. Set your computer power plan to "High performance".
    2. Set the EE/IOP and VU clamping mode to "none".
    3. Experiment with your current speedhacks. There is no definitively best set-up for any game or system, so keep trying different combinations.
    4. Try the MTVU hack. It is very unlikely that this will make a difference, but it has been known to rarely increase the performance of 2 core systems.

If you don't mind the game looking ugly, you can set a custom resolution that is lower than the native resolution (lower than 640x480). You can also try frameskipping, but that will probably just yield the same results.

Hope this helps.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    Yeah, that is basically what I assumed from your post. If the speed hacks that you are currently using are not enough, then you are probably out of luck.

However, there are some things you can try:
    1. Set your computer power plan to "High performance".
    2. Set the EE/IOP and VU clamping mode to "none".
    3. Experiment with your current speedhacks. There is no definitively best set-up for any game or system, so keep trying different combinations.
    4. Try the MTVU hack. It is very unlikely that this will make a difference, but it has been known to rarely increase the performance of 2 core systems.

If you don't mind the game looking ugly, you can set a custom resolution that is lower than the native resolution (lower than 640x480). You can also try frameskipping, but that will probably just yield the same results.

Hope this helps.
    The graphics turned worse the speed is the same, should I change the version of my PCSX 2? I'm currently using pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600 or I don't know if new version helps.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Etanoissap Xes View Post
    The graphics turned worse the speed is the same, should I change the version of my PCSX 2? I'm currently using pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600 or I don't know if new version helps.
    Your version is old. PCSX2 1.0.0 has been released and it's more stable. Though The game seems to generally have problems even on better systems.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Thank you for the information I know the version that I'm using is old, will the new version help ? I mean not only for this game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes it probably will.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって