Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default DS flash kits that work with the 3DS firmware 5.0.0-11x to 8.0.0-18x

NOTES:- Always check the official site for your kit before updating the 3DS to make sure your kit is up to date and works with the latest 3DS update, I am only taking version notes for the SupercardDSTWO kit as that is the one I use myself

The other kits listed are of lower quality made with cheap parts and will require patching of protected games before they will work with those kits but they are cheap, so if you are a new user then be aware of the limitations first before just going for a cheap kit, at the end of the day that is up to each user, there are plenty that are happy with there cheaper flash kits

3DS/2DS version 9.0.0-20x
    Working WIP update (I presume it's the same kits again that are still working though, will confirm this soon)
    R4i Gold 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)

3DS/2DS version 8.0.0-18x/19x
    Working
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.25 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS
    R4i Gold 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)
    R4iDSN 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)

3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-17x
    Working
    ACE3DS PLUS
    R4iDSN 3DS revisions 9,A & C (There is more than 1 version of Revision C only one works)
    R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS <- homepage unknown to me
    R4iSDHC Silver <- homepage unknown to me
    R4iSDHC Dual-Core <- homepage unknown to me
    R4i-Gold Pro <- homepage unknown to me

3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-16x
    Working
    ACE3DS PLUS
    R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS <- homepage unknown to me
    R4iSDHC Silver <- homepage unknown to me
    R4iSDHC Dual-Core <- homepage unknown to me
    R4i-Gold Pro <- homepage unknown to me

3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-15x

Working
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS/2DS version 7.1.0-14x

Working
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS/2DS version 7.0.0-13x

Working
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 6.3.0-11/12x

Working Flash Kits
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.23 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 6.2.0-11/12x

Working Flash Kits
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.21 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 6.1.0-11x/6.1.0-12x

Working Flash Kits
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.20 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 6.0.0-12x

Working Flash Kits
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 6.0.0-11x

Working Flash Kits
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 5.1.0-11x

Working Flash Kits
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.19 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS

3DS version 5.0.0-11x

Working Flash Kits
    Supercard DSTWO [DSTWO Firmware update 1.19 required]
    ACE3DS PLUS

I will update this as the 3DS is updated

Notes....

If you are looking for the best kit then go for the Supercard DSTWO

If you are looking for the cheapest option an R4 will do, it uses a homebrew kernal being WooD

DS rom compat is based on the kernal so 3 of the above listed cards will have the exact same compat as long as the kernal is of the same version

The console compat is based on the flash kits firmware (called a patch by the R4 kits & the Ace3ds) [Ace3ds call the kernal a firmware (no idea why)]

For the Wood kernal you may be required to AP patch some games to make them work, it's not such a big thing but this is the price of going with a cheap card
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-October-2014 at 07:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updated to 6.0.0-11x information added

I must of missed an update just updated my 3DS to 6.0.0-12E, thankfully my kit still works

As none of the flash kit sites have updated the info I will hold off putting the 6.0.0-12 info up but be aware if you are updating your 3DS and the flash kit you own does not have the latest update info you may be in for a nasty shock of a none working flash kit.

As usual make sure you kit is updated before your system is updated

The ACE3DS PLUS states they are working on it but for now they do not work on the latest 3DS firmware
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-June-2013 at 08:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updates with 3DS version 6.1.0-12x

I do not know about the R4iDSN 3DS kit as they have not put any updated info on the official site

If anyone knows though just post the info here so I can update the first post
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-July-2013 at 09:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updates with 3DS version 6.2.0-12x

Sorry for the lateness of this update

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Default Most r4 3ds card break 3DS V6.2.0

Now, almost all r4 3ds card can work on 3DS V6.2.0-12 E/U/J now. R4i gold 3ds card (r4ids.cn), r4i sdhc 3ds card (r4i-sdhc.com), r4itt rts card (r4itt.net), supercard dstwo (supercard.sc), R4i Gold Plus card (r4ids.com), r4idsn 3ds card (r4idsn.com), R4i-Gold 3DS (r4i-gold.eu), r4i gold pro card (r4i-gold.com), ace3ds card (ace3ds.com), r4i dual core and r4isdhc rts card (r4isdhc.com), TT 3DS card (n3dstt.com). All these R4 3DS card broke 3DS V6.2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Updates with 3DS version 6.2.0-12x

Sorry for the lateness of this update

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updated for the next update 6.3.0-XXX

I am only putting up info on the card I own, if you want to add your own information please do, also add info on if your kit is blocked or if you need to update it, please don't just say it works because if an update is needed and a user just sees it is working may end up with a blocked flash kit

Also give info on the update version, both for the flash kit and the 3DS

I was a bit slow again, I honestly couldn't be bothered to look up the info so I just haven't bothered to update my system yet, I will later today though.

Anyway my Supercard DSTWO is still working great, updated the firmware of the flash kit before updating the 3DS, the usual (I done that all directly on the 3DS).

The info I find for most cards very mixed up so I would like it if these are reported by actual users/owners of the other kits

re-cap the info I need is

3DS firmware version
    Flash kit name and it's official homepage
    Flash kit firmware version

I don't need to know what menu\kernal version or update you may be using, that has no effect on the 3DS hardware compat (Wood/WoodR4 is a kernal not firmware)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-September-2013 at 13:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i saw on a certain shop site i can't remember the address that the R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) can work on 3DS v6.3.0-12 that's why i ordered 2 of those.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SosoMotoku312 View Post
    i saw on a certain shop site i can't remember the address that the R4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) can work on 3DS v6.3.0-12 that's why i ordered 2 of those.
    Thank you updated first post

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Update time again

Working
    ACE3DS PLUS

The DSTWO is currently blocked, so wait and make sure the sucker gets an update before you update your 3DS

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SupercardDSTWO to join in the ranks of 3DS v7.0.0-13

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thumbs up New firmware out!

New firmware from Nintendo just came out. v7.1.0.14

Supported flashcards at this time include ACE3DS PLUS, R4i Gold 3DS, R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS, AND Supercard DSTWO.

Some of this info is taken from oz3ds.com. Just letting you guys know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rosa_fan84pi For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks I shall update the first post

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Nintendo came out with a minor update for the 2DS/3DS today as described here.

According to this (scroll to news) all of the flash cards that were supported under v7.1.0-14x are supported under v7.1.0-15x

Just letting you know. And confirming it works on my 2DS with ACE3DS PLUS on AOS 2.13/ACEWOOD 1.62.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rosa_fan84pi View Post
    Nintendo came out with a minor update for the 2DS/3DS today as described here.

According to this (scroll to news) all of the flash cards that were supported under v7.1.0-14x are supported under v7.1.0-15x

Just letting you know. And confirming it works on my 2DS with ACE3DS PLUS on AOS 2.13/ACEWOOD 1.62.
    Updated thanks

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

New minor update today from Nintendo 7.1.0-16x

As of now according to the news feed on oz3ds.com
    R4i gold 3ds, Dstwo , R4i-sdhc 3ds rts,2014 R4isdhc silver , 2014 R4isdhc dual-core, 2014 r4i-gold pro and Ace 3ds plus All can support 3DS 7.1.0-16 and DSI 1.45! (2014-2-27)
    Just letting you know guys and was leery of updating my 2DS until I saw that.

UPDATE: ACE3DS (with the game id as SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepants) running AOS 2.13 is currently working fine as intended.
    Last edited by rosa_fan84pi; 27th-February-2014 at 19:32.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rosa_fan84pi For This Useful Post: