Thread: Trouble with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Thanks

Default Trouble with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Hi, I just recently discovered this place while trying to find a version of Tactics Ogre that was already patched with English. I have been having troubles trying to play it.

First off, I am using my Ouya. I downloaded a rom for it and it worked fine in japanese. I then tried to apply the patch myself using Lunar IPS, and it seemed to be successful, but now when I try to load the game nothing happens. So I found here, which already had a patched game to download, but the same thing occurs. I have tried using SuperGnes and Snes9x, but the result is the same with both. Does anybody have suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried to run it on PC emulators? To see if the problem is with the rom or the emulator.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Have you tried to run it on PC emulators? To see if the problem is with the rom or the emulator.
    Personally no, but it was a thread here that people downloaded it and said they could play it. It's the same exact file so I don't see that being an issue.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...EngPATCHED%29*

someone said they downloaded it on their kindle as well, so I don't think it's the platform either. Perhaps just the 2 emulators I have used have trouble with it, but I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just tried it with my "SNES9x EX 1.4.34" for android and it works without a problem. Not sure if it's available for OUYA, if it is get it. If it isn't try other emulators until you find one that works.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to Mobile Devices

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place. It's a console not a mobile device so I was not sure where to post it, so I put it in nintendo because it was a snes game. I still have not tried to play it again yet, but one of the emulators on the system that didn't work is Snes 9x, are there different versions?

For clarification, does it matter how the file is stored in my directory? Should it be a zip as opposed to a single .smc/.sfc file? The emulator recognizes the file either way so I am not sure if that is an issue, just curious.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So it is but this is still based on a mobile OS so best placed here and this is the Console section, the section you originally posted in was for emulators on a computer (IBM or Mac based machines), this section covers emulators on consoles though, e.g. Snes on Dreamcast for the Sega section ect...

As for help though try both compressed and uncompressed, smc and sfc with games that are known to work also test the game before it is patched, if it works before patching you may just need to fix the checksum that is a rather simple task.

Something lame like Super Mario All-Stars or Mario Kart would be good to test with to see if it works with compressed and uncompressed of both major snes rom formats

As I can't see many having your device you are best off testing these things yourself, but I can guide you through some things though.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-June-2013 at 21:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

The game did work before it was patched, and all other roms I have downloaded run successfully as well. I'm pretty new to doing any of this stuff myself, so if you could explain fixing the checksum thing that would be much appreciated.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/499/ that one should do

There are other tools that can do the same, most are found here

Most roms have a checksum calculated, unless the people that created the patch included a checksum update the checksum will no longer be valid

Warning some roms that I have come across can have a fake checksum and the real checksum is located in an alt location, fixing the checksum on those results in the game not working, though only seen that in a couple of Sega Megadrive/Genesis games
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-June-2013 at 08:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Fortunately I did not need to do that, but the problem was something stupid and easy. I used microusb to transfer from my computer to the console and it worked fine. Getting the file via email download seems to be the problem, but I have no idea why it would effect it.

Thanks for being helpful, will be sure to use this forum for any problems I have.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

At least you got it working now

How are you enjoying your Ouya?

Anything good on it so far???

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]