Thread: help! games won't run on Android epsxe

Thanks

Default help! games won't run on Android epsxe

I'm kinda noob to all of this stuff but I downloaded epsxe got the bios and downloaded two isos' ff7 and mega man the x5 I'm sure I've got it all set up correct because the games show up on the run games list when i open it.I've converted both to bin andput them into the isos'folder but when i go to run the games it just brings up the black screen with the touch controls.i wait and wait but nothing happens? I'm using a galaxy s2 and i know i have enough memory on my device and sd card.so what am i missing somebody please help I've been struggling with this for like 24 hours now and i can't figure what to do.I'm alSo using zarchiver, es file explorer and un_ecm_for Droid please someone HELP?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved to appropriate section.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What did you convert them with? and what did you convert them from?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-May-2013 at 10:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

From .7zip i think. It's okay in the end i figured out it was the download but now I'm having a problem with another file

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So you did not convert anything you simply extracted the disc images

I would hazard a guess they are now ecm files, then you still need to unecm those before they can be used

unecm

You just extract the linked file
    drag and drop *.ecm files over the unecm.exe file
    or if you only have a single ecm in the same folder you can run the included bat file
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-June-2013 at 15:02.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yes i converted the files with "zarchiver "and "es file explorer" and got them to work thanks tons. now the problem with castlevania is when i download it the file says it's either a 7zip or .rar I'm not sure until i do it . But after i unzip them they turn into a file with a track and another .ape file i convert the track file just to be thorough and it gives me oh wait it gives me a weird extension [sles- something or other] and a ecm file so I'll just convert the ecm and that should give me the game .bin? If it works i won't post again concerning this issue.thanks again so much.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

use 7-zip to extract it www.7-zip.org

7-zip can handle *.00# *.rar *.zip *.7z and many others

do not extract *.iso files (winrar will do that anyway though unless you tell it not to)

the SLES-###.## file comes from extracting a disc image, it's the main exec the PSX reads from a disc and is also the discs serial number SLES numbers are for PAL releases SLUS numbers are for NTSC releases there are others as well

disc images can be many formats *.iso *.bin *.img *.nrg *.cdi * and more

an ecm+ape guide can be found here

You may need to convert bin+wav+cue or iso+wav+cue or other formats with external audio to single bin+cue before they are usuable with ePSXe on your phone to do that you will want either want Daemon Tools Lite and ImgBurn (both are free tools so you do not need the paid version of Daemon Tools Lite [you only pay for D-Tools lite if you are using it for a company]) or you can use ISObuster. However do not use MagicIso or any of it's many clones, that is pure junk for converting PSX CD images

For Daemon Tools Lite and ImgBurn you just mount the cue with Daemon Tools Lite, then run ImgBurn use Create image file from disc, on the next screen select the Daemon Tools drive (look for the drive letter that Daemon Tools is using) set the Destination then hit the big disc with and arrow pointing to disc document, make sure the format is bin and it will produce a single bin+cue with all the CDDA tracks stored directly in the bin file

For ISObuster just open the cue file with ISObuster then right click on the first CD icon on the left pane and select Extract CD <Image> then RAW (*.bin *.iso), you will then need to name the output file make sure you give it a *.bin file name when you do, once that is done it should ask you to save a cue file as well.

The safest method is the first method though as ISObuster doesn't always read disc images perfect, most of the time it does though.

I don't think you can do that direct on your phone
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-June-2013 at 17:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyasmanyc View Post
    Yes i converted the files with "zarchiver "and "es file explorer"
    You're doing all your file handling with your Android, right? Most people just sort all this out in a Windows environment, and transfer the content over. You'll need un-ECM to convert ecm files. It's a paid app, I'm sure you can find a apk out there somewhere though. But just doing stuff with Windows is easier, or simply finding a standard bin+cue image, as Castlevania is a common enough game.

Edit: Oh, just read your first post, and you already have un-ECM. Good.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 4th-June-2013 at 14:21.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here