Thread: Question on Jap games

Thanks

Default Question on Jap games

Alot of games are Jap exlcusive, so i know i can get a jap region bios to emulate jap games on practically any system, but what i want to know is the possibilty of translation mods, or if i have to use a walkthrough guide to play, which would annoy me.. But i really want to play the jap exclusive games in the Tales series
    I LIKE PIE!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try romhacking dot net to check for patches.

As for translation guides you could try gamefaqs or simply google searching.

Thanks

ok so get game, get translation patch, how do i install patch? and i know the audio (voices, songs, etc.) will still be jap, but what about text? i'd like to know what characters say lol
    I LIKE PIE!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Complete Tales of Rebirth (PS2) walkthrough with English subs: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5C72AADE1A30A0C5 - A very good complement to playing the game if you don't know Japanese. She also started Tales of Destiny 2 but seems like she never finished it.

Gamefaqs has a Tales of Hearts plot summary but there's also a fan translation in the works (I think it's still on-going, not sure though): http://www.blade2187.com/

Tales of Destiny (PS2 remake) has this, sort of: http://todrtrans.pbworks.com/w/page/22323480/GameScript

Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2 sequel to Destiny, not to be confused with Eternia) is being worked on here I think: http://www.tales-cless.org/?page=trans

I haven't checked on them in ages but they're working extremely slow so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, on top of what Gare mentioned above. The other two Tales games for the DS, Tales of Innocence and Tales of Tempest. Have been fully fan-translated into English as well.

As far as patching instructions. You'll need to check with the readme file that comes with each patch.

Thanks

currently, absolute zero has fully translated tales of phantasia, innocence and tempest, while katijani eizan is patching hearts with some improvements and a full translation... but has only released a demo so far. you can find the innocence and tempest translations at romhacking dot net. just go to katijani and the rebirth translation site for the progress on those translations. katijani also translated 2 of the narikiri dungeon gba games. hope that info helps