Thread: Where to buy 99min 870MB CD Media (For Dreamcast 99min rips)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Smile Where to buy 99min 870MB CD Media (For Dreamcast 99min rips)

Most Dreamcast CD rips are for standard sized CD's so for most you will just want 80min CD-R's that are very common and lots of the games are not downsampled or have anything ripped out

There are some 99min CD-R rips that are of higher quality with less or no downsampling than there 80min counterparts

Original GD media is apx 1.2GB, 1GB of data (Not that different to DVD media but it is not) and apx 200MB of standard CD space used for CDDA and or PC files
    Not all games used the full 1GB for game data, in fact a lot of the games fit onto standard sized CD's without taking anything from them or any re-sampling, but there are still a number of games that did take advantage of 1GB available

DealXtreme is the one I got my 99min 870MB CD-R's from, they are branded banana Digital and come in 50 disc cakes
    [because of the way these are packaged (no spindle packaging) the top couple of discs may not work, this is not good but otherwise the discs are great very high quality]

Ones I have had in the past are
    epro & MultiPlay TECHNOLOGY both are still working, but I am unable to find these for sale now

Please do not ask me about other 99min media not listed here I have only used the ones I have mentioned and can't comment on any others

What to avoid, see spoiler
    Spoiler warning:
    BeepBee. These ripped me off and sent standard CD-R's and point blank refused to take the order back, after lots of emails I eventually got promised half what I paid back, but even that wasn't exactly half plus kept what they did send, but that was over a month later of constant emails.

I also have had some 100min CD-R's but these are not readable by the Dreamcast and failed to burn any 99min image onto them, the discs have a white top surface and no labels on the spindle except for a white sticker claiming they are 100min, avoid anything like those, they are not 100min and they are not readable by the Dreamcast even if you burn a 80min image onto them they are not readable

so far DealXtreme dx.com are the ones to trust, but please post others that you have come to trust

99min CD-R Rips list WIP (I have not gone through all the games yet)

• D-2 [NTSC-U] 4xGD to 5x99min (disc 3 is split)
    • Omikron: Nomad Soul, The [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • Shenmue Passport [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • Shenmue 2 [NTSC-U] 4xGD to 4x99min
    • Skies of Arcadia [NTSC-U] 2xGD to 4x99min (both discs are split)
    • Sonic Adventure Limited Edition [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • SoulCalibur [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • Starlancer [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • Tech Romancer [NTSC-U] 1xGD to 1x99min
    • Vampire Chronicle For Matching Service [NTSC-J] 1xGD to 1x99min

That's 20x99min CD-R's so far and still counting

[BURNING INSTRUCTION] I will post some here at a later date, but for those curious I use ImgBurn for all my burning with the DJ driver file to burn 99min *.cdi images, DiscJuggler can not burn to 99min CD-R's fully (only older versions could but don't work with Vista up over) and I convert Nero and Alcohol images to DJ format (there is no standard converter that can convert DC Mil-CD disc images to DJ so don't ask me for one)

I will add to that list later though I'm sure I have some 99min rips missing from that list

I may also add a comparison list so it will have what is ripped/downsampled in the 80min compared with the 99min versions, that will come much later I am busy with other projects for now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-May-2013 at 12:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR