Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: I have a bone to pick with u guys

Thanks

SomeUserGuy, time to add that to your lame joke count.

SomeUserGuy Guest

lol, but i decided to add a pic to my sig now.

Thanks

See Laguna, you're going to find it hard to leave this place, so to put it the easy way...DON'T!

buzzyon Guest

Somebody's got waaay too much time on his hands.

Thanks

Is it you?

OENSTOEK Guest

Dammit Nachos, that was my cue to say 'me.'

I can't be bothered reading those posts just now, somebody tell me if it involves me in any way and I might.

Thanks

It talks about how Laguna has a big crush on you, Jim. I'd say it's worth the read, it even involves pineapples.

Thanks
    EP Points

Laguna, the closing of all previous posts/threads were not because we want to run away from certain problems on the boards or amongst emuparadise members. They were closed because we assumed that as mature people we would let, every problem, especially such trivial matters be resolved in due course of time on their own, there was no reason to further aggravate the situation by stirring up some more confusion. Besides that, the incident happened in the IRC room and it spread all over the message boards (for no logical reason), it wasn't even big enough to bring over here..

Coming to what you said in your two (long) posts . About disrespect amongst members, as far as I can see, the board is a community of people, but more so, I feel that we are all friends over here, and if we need to be uptight and formal with each other at all times, things would get rather stuffy in here.
    It's not disrespect I see amongst friends, I would never mind Jimmy, Makaveli, Doyleyboy, Davemc and some others fighting in their own explicit and B rated thread. But when someone you don't even know comes and says such things, THAT is counted as disrespect. It's as simple as that, if someone were to come and call you a shithead, i.e. someone you didn't even know, you'd probably shoot the guy (well, just maybe), but if your friend calls you the same thing, I doubt it would count as disrespect.

Same was the situation with thedragon, nobody knew him on the boards, and I'm sure a lot of people were appalled at seeing him argue with an admin, call him names, and walk out , and then bring the argument over here. I feel it pretty natural of people to "gang up" on TheDragon. Lets also remember, that you don't know he's a "nice guy" until you actually know him, and he didn't give anyone a chance to know THAT part of it.

But like I said again, I doubt we should be recapping incidents of such minor importance, lets not be narrow minded and stick to problems which are bygone. Lets hip, dip, and do the skip
    Last edited by MasJ; 24th-August-2002 at 03:34.

TheDragon Guest

Originally posted by Laguna
    As an educated individual, I don't like swearing much, so naturally, I took the other side.
    Are you saying I'm not an educated individual? huh? huh?? ^_~

Just to set the record straight. I'm a web designer, pc technician, musician, grammar freak. I value intelligence more than most other things. I find it hard to find friends because I want intelligent friends. But, I still use profanity. I find it funny. Putting so much weight on such little words. Listen to George Carlin sometime and you'll understand what I mean.
    -TheDragon

Thanks

Sorry, The Dragon. I didn't mean that in such a sense - I'm just saying that I don't like swearing much. But I take it relatively lightly and take it in stride at times. Thanks for reading my post, The Dragon.

MasJ, thanks for reading my LONG posts. I agree with you - it's an issue of how well we know the individual. At that time, The Dragon was a new member with very few posts, and we barely knew him. So it was a natural instinct to put more weight to his words than was warranted - though I don't believe that we were "ganging up" on him. He would definitely have received more support had he been a well-known member. If Jimmy swore at me (like he's done lots of times), I'd get a couple good laughs out of it. I remember that you brought up a similar argument in the Heero Yuy case. So I suppose there is some degree of differential treatment depending on how well we know the person.

Anyways, who's Makaveli?

But again, this topic is best left as a "fragment of the past" as I had said in my posts at the beginning of the thread. Let's get past it, and get on with the forums!