Thread: Thief 4

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Thief 4

YOU GUYSSSSSSS

IT'S HEREEEEE

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING

They are, however, ditching the voice actor who did Garrett's voice in the previous games. Which is a stupid move, imo. I'm very excited nonetheless.

Official forum thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132126

Screenshots and stuff: http://vk.com/album-49981920_170847341

It's coming to PC, PS4 and the new Xbox apparently, sometime in 2014.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's not coming for Wii U?? WTF

This game looks awesome - I'm a big fan of Thief 2. Do you know if any of the original Thief team is involved in this or have they all moved on? I'm sure Warren Specter is out, especially since he's been making those crappy Disney games as of late.

BTW, did you know Ken Levine (Bioshock) had a rather large part in the creation of the original Thief game? I didn't know that until recently.
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 3rd-April-2013 at 02:55.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I've only ever played Deadly Shadows, but I'm looking forward to this.

Looking on gamefags, it seems the US release is just called Thief, but the Euro version is called Thief 4 dunno if this is accurate.

Gamespot has something about a "pacifist playthrough".

Thanks

Holy crap for PC? Now I'm interested
    I only played Deadly Shadows but that was still a pretty fun game.

Username: SoySauce (or similar) Name: Kenshii

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I've only ever played Deadly Shadows, but I'm looking forward to this.

Looking on gamefags, it seems the US release is just called Thief, but the Euro version is called Thief 4 dunno if this is accurate.

Gamespot has something about a "pacifist playthrough".
    Gamefags lol

Pacifist Playthrough wouldn't be surprising - these games (Thief, Deus Ex) usually are approachable a multitude of ways. I've not played Deadly Shadows. but the old Thief stuff was great. Those games all came from the masterminds behind the original Deus Ex and System Shock 1 and 2 - good stuff IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Freudian slip

Deadly Shadows is a great game, I haven't played it for a while now but when I got it I played it through several times.
    On original Xbox, not PC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Freudian slip

Deadly Shadows is a great game, I haven't played it for a while now but when I got it I played it through several times.
    On original Xbox, not PC.
    Freudian slip my ass, haha
    I didn't even know Deadly Shadows was on PC - I thought it was an Xbox exclusive. They made such a ruckus about it being on Xbox back in the day.... I'm sure it's the same as it's PC counterpart.
    I should check it out one of these days - Steam always has Thief games on sale. I grabbed 2 off there for $2.99 or $2.49... hell of a deal.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know if any of the original team is included. The game's being made by the Human Revolution devs, though, so I have faith it will be good.

Oh and yes, Deadly Shadows is all sorts of great, although the maps are smaller in scale (level design is still great though) and they took out rope arrows, so hardcore purists hate it for that. Me, I actually prefer it to the first game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I don't know if any of the original team is included. The game's being made by the Human Revolution devs, though, so I have faith it will be good.

Oh and yes, Deadly Shadows is all sorts of great, although the maps are smaller in scale (level design is still great though) and they took out rope arrows, so hardcore purists hate it for that. Me, I actually prefer it to the first game.
    I really liked Human Revolution - just as long as they don't outsource the boss battles to another team, then I have the highest hopes for Thief 4. It would be nice if this game got released around the PS4 launch

Thanks
    EP Points

People overreacted about the boss battles of HR. They made up about 5% of an otherwise fantastic game.

And hardcore fans are already raging about Garrett's new look and new voice. Typical. (I think he looks very much like he did in Deadly Shadows, but whatever...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    People overreacted about the boss battles of HR. They made up about 5% of an otherwise fantastic game.

And hardcore fans are already raging about Garrett's new look and new voice. Typical. (I think he looks very much like he did in Deadly Shadows, but whatever...)
    The boss battles weren't atrocious, they just didn't quite fit with the game. I always play stealth, so I was always under-prepared when I would bump into them. Never fun

And in other news, it turns out that I actually own Deadly Shadows on Steam - must have picked it up during one of their summer or winter sales, so I guess I have something else I need to play now

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...st-look-thief/

Haven't read all of it yet, but seems like a fairly positive reaction.

Thanks

I'm more interested in the story for this one. I just recently finished the trilogy in a row, Deadly Shadows was very different from the first two but it was good (Consolified, no surprise people call it "the Invisible War of Thief series" ). I was hoping Thief 4 would've been about the girl at the end of Deadly Shadows, somebody's gotta keep the Keepers thing going on after Garret, the last of them.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!