Thread: Help with emulator & isos for mac?

Thanks

Default Help with emulator & isos for mac?

Hi guys, having trouble working this out for mac.

I'm using scummvm-1.2.1-macosx.
    I've downloaded the game file, and found a westwood.001 file.
    Downloaded 7zX_1.7.1 for mac (seems to be the only extractor I can get running on mac).
    Extracted westwood.001, and got a file called WESTWOOD (as it's a mac I can't see any extension, so am guessing this is an iso?)
    Tried opening this file through ScummVM, but get the error 'ScummVM couldn't open the specified directory!'

ScummVM was recommended as the appropriate emulator for the game, so now I'm lost.
    Would like to know where I've gone wrong, or maybe some alternate emulators to try for mac?

This is the game page http://www.emuparadise.me/ScummVM_Ga...anguage)/96018
    Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WESTWOOD.001 is one of the data files from the game not a file to extract

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles is a list of the data files used in SCUMMVM

The Legend of Kyrandia 3 Malcolm's Revenge (CD DOS, Multilanguage).zip I'm guessing just has the needed data files by SCUMMVM and is from the CD version of the game rather than being a CD image or ISO (I will confirm this once it downloads)

EDIT:- I guessed correctly

Just extract the contents of the "The Legend of Kyrandia 3 Malcolm's Revenge (CD DOS, Multilanguage).zip" to a folder called kyra3 and point SCUMMVM to that folder
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-April-2013 at 08:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    WESTWOOD.001 is one of the data files from the game not a file to extract

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles is a list of the data files used in SCUMMVM

The Legend of Kyrandia 3 Malcolm's Revenge (CD DOS, Multilanguage).zip I'm guessing just has the needed data files by SCUMMVM and is from the CD version of the game rather than being a CD image or ISO (I will confirm this once it downloads)

EDIT:- I guessed correctly

Just extract the contents of the "The Legend of Kyrandia 3 Malcolm's Revenge (CD DOS, Multilanguage).zip" to a folder called kyra3 and point SCUMMVM to that folder
    Ahh, it works, thank you! Got confused following all the tutorials and didn't stop to try the simple answer

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem enjoy

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR