Thread: Random download speeds for GCN section on main site

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Random download speeds for GCN section on main site

Usually I go on the GCN (NGC) section and I'm downloading one right now as I post this at about 700 kb/s (pretty good for my internet speed of 300mb/s while doing lots other surfing and my internet is randomly slowing down and I have to do double loading), but on the odd day it suddenly drops to something like 100 kb/s.

Which day/s is/are there usually a lot of traffic for this section?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    Usually I go on the GCN (NGC) section and I'm downloading one right now as I post this at about 700 kb/s (pretty good for my internet speed of 300mb/s while doing lots other surfing and my internet is randomly slowing down and I have to do double loading), but on the odd day it suddenly drops to something like 100 kb/s.

Which day/s is/are there usually a lot of traffic for this section?
    Weekends usually get more traffic I think and I'm not sure it matters what section it is...more traffic would increase server load (so downloads would be slower, especially if you don't have premium).

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Weekends usually get more traffic I think and I'm not sure it matters what section it is...more traffic would increase server load (so downloads would be slower, especially if you don't have premium).
    Just weekends usually? So maybe that's why I get some download speed on a Monday.

EDIT: To add to this, I got 3.2 mbps on the ps2 section on a friday but that's with ftp
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 1st-March-2013 at 16:42.