Thread: can this be played on windows 7/vista?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default can this be played on windows 7/vista?

i honestly have no clue if it can or not but to the real question: can the old pc game Mordor: Depths of Dejenol be played on this/these OS(s) be it with or without a emulator and if so then how?

i remember looking around about this in the past but never came up with a solution. i would've thought dosbox might be the answer but the copy of the game i have is the installer which isn't 64-bit compatible, (BLEEP YOU MICROSOFT FOR SCREWING UP WINDOWS XP!) and so dosbox can't run the thing at all yet it can run the very first elder scrolls game all the problems windows 7 causes for gaming infuriates me to no end.

anyone here got any ideas? oh and you can grab the game here (its a safe site ) http://dejenol.com/index.php?title=T...enol_Community

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    i honestly have no clue if it can or not but to the real question: can the old pc game Mordor: Depths of Dejenol be played on this/these OS(s) be it with or without a emulator and if so then how?

i remember looking around about this in the past but never came up with a solution. i would've thought dosbox might be the answer but the copy of the game i have is the installer which isn't 64-bit compatible, (BLEEP YOU MICROSOFT FOR SCREWING UP WINDOWS XP!) and so dosbox can't run the thing at all yet it can run the very first elder scrolls game all the problems windows 7 causes for gaming infuriates me to no end.

anyone here got any ideas? oh and you can grab the game here (its a safe site ) http://dejenol.com/index.php?title=T...enol_Community
    I suspect this game needs Win 3.1 to run, but I'm not sure.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

well, its a 32-bit game so i would think anything up to a few versions older than vista/7 would run it, and there lies the problem. why must windows 7 hate older games so much? its not fair.
    Last edited by Jazzmarazz; 7th-February-2013 at 05:20. Reason: didnt mean to

Thanks
    EP Points

Try running win 3.1 in dosbox and then install the game

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have never had any problems, except with my copy of FF8. Have you even tried installing it? 32 programs can be installed on 64 bit systems just fine, it of course emulates a 32 system. Then again, there are also compatibility settings to play with.

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I understand it was released in 1998, but the original system requirements were:

Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, OR NT 4
    8 Megs of RAM
    12 Megs of Hard Drive.

We recommend 16 Megs or RAM and 20 Megs of HD Space.
    I've seen people say it runs on win 98 and XP, but they don't mention if they needed any extra files/dlls etc.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Mordor is a 16 bit program, it run from Win 3.1-95-98-ME. Also on the x86 versions of XP-Vista-7 and maybe 8. Set the compatibiliy mode to Windows XP SP3.

If you have a x64 OS the only way is install Win 3.1 under dosbox (a tutorial is here: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/101789/...-home-premium/ ) or setup a VirtualPC and install a old OS (like XP).

I suggest Dosbox+Win 3.1: the install is faster than XP and use little HD space, also you can re-use the Win 3.1 for older 16 bit games.