Thread: Dolphin "Couldn't Recognize" ISO

Thanks

Default Dolphin "Couldn't Recognize" ISO

Hey everyone.
    I've been having real difficulty trying to download a working ISO of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
    So far, yesterday, the download seemed to have stopped twice (maybe that was my fault) but after I let it run the third time the ISO downloaded successfully. This is the file.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).7z

I downloaded it from here.
    When I open the ISO up in Dolphin (3.5), a Warning message comes up saying "Could not recognize ISO file, users/documents, blah blah blah". When I open up the program on my computer I get this message

Is a .7z file even an ISO file at all?? I downloaded Zelda: The Wind Waker several days ago with no problems and it was working fully functionally.

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
    Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core iS
    Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

I have no idea what a MOD is so i'll just say i'm running this thing on Dolphin 3.5
    I don't use burnt discs, because I presumed it would work on my computer as the last download did. My burner is built in with my mac
    I don't use any plug ins for my emulator.
    I will try an other ISO rom of the game later
    Please i'd loooooooove to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle at home again! I only have the real american copy that doesn't play on Australian Gamecubes!!!!
    Last edited by Mario Murderer; 1st-February-2013 at 00:24.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

It's an archive.
    Extract the .7z file using the latest version of 7zip (it's freeware).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I Think Mac & Linux Versions Of Dolphin Have More Problems Than Windows Versions
    You Can't Use The Gamecube's Bios IPL.bin On The Linux Version It Just Stops

Thanks

I GOT IT WORKING!!! I downloaded another file and then extracted it, this time it let me do it and then the ISO worked!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY!

Thanks
    EP Points

Also Make Sure You Have The Latest Version Of 7-zip,Some Older Versions Won't Extract
    Newer Files.