Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Videogame challenges: NES gaming!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Yeah Mario 3 isn't exactly hard.

Might be good as a non-warp 1 life challenge though..
    Yeah, I meant no warp. One life... Not enough practice or time in the world for me! I mean every optional level, too. Not a speedrun. And no P-wings? Only until World 8, some of those levels (that damn Airship...) are nearly impossible without them.

But dammit, I'll try my best! Will try on the weekend, schoolwork has to come first...

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

BUMP!

You guys need to get going with my challenges. Sooo, I've added challenge 20, because I recently beat Double Dragon III with a mate. Either the difficulty is seriously overhyped, or people are just stupid. Seems pretty much impossible to beat on single player though.

I'm going for challenge 19, by the by. Battletoads isn't that hard. Right?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    BUMP!

You guys need to get going with my challenges. Sooo, I've added challenge 20, because I recently beat Double Dragon III with a mate. Either the difficulty is seriously overhyped, or people are just stupid. Seems pretty much impossible to beat on single player though.

I'm going for challenge 19, by the by. Battletoads isn't that hard. Right?
    I've been working on my Batman speedrun a little bit. Trying to get that time below 15 minutes.

Can't remember the last NES game I beat, honestly... I usually just play for an hour or so when I'm bored.

Thanks

Double Dragon 3? I beat that a bunch of times on my cartridge. What a crappy cheap broken game. There was also this glitch during the last boss fight I had to be very careful to avoid: telekinesis wall-ceiling push and then fall down. It was possible to get pushed off-screen through the ceiling and never fall down again, making the game stuck like that since the boss can't attack you anymore and just walks around forever. Tip: NEVER use the ninja, he is utterly worthless. His attacks do the least damage in the game and him being the fastest character doesn't give him an edge whatsoever in combat other than jumping those 2 platforms at the start of stage 5. Chin does the best damage, save him for bosses. Last boss room: wall jump, wall jump, wall jump!

I did the Contra and Ninja Gaiden challenges, zero deaths. Check posts 69 and 75.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Actually dusted off my NES and started playing again a few days ago. It took a little practice, and some patience, but I finally beat Super C without dying. Started playing some Life Force afterward to see how hard it would be for me to achieve a no-death run. I made it all the way until just after the last boss. Where you have to fly through the corridors and dodge the closing doors. I ended up dying twice right there at the end. :/ Though with a little practice I should be able to do a no-death run no problem.

Besides a no-death run of Life Force. I also have a couple of my own challenges that I want to achieve. A no-death+no-power up run of Super C. A no-death run of Jackal, I already did a no-continue run. As well as get to RD 99 in Clay Shooting(Duck Hunt). I've already rolled the score counter and got over a million plus points. The only thing left to do is try to get to RD99. I'll be playing NES all day today and getting some practice in.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Double Dragon 3? I beat that a bunch of times on my cartridge. What a crappy cheap broken game. There was also this glitch during the last boss fight I had to be very careful to avoid: telekinesis wall-ceiling push and then fall down. It was possible to get pushed off-screen through the ceiling and never fall down again, making the game stuck like that since the boss can't attack you anymore and just walks around forever. Tip: NEVER use the ninja, he is utterly worthless. His attacks do the least damage in the game and him being the fastest character doesn't give him an edge whatsoever in combat other than jumping those 2 platforms at the start of stage 5. Chin does the best damage, save him for bosses. Last boss room: wall jump, wall jump, wall jump!

I did the Contra and Ninja Gaiden challenges, zero deaths. Check posts 69 and 75.
    No kidding. All we did was SPIN KICK SPIN KICK SPIN KICK SPIN KICK until the game was over. It's so sad, Double Dragon II was actually a pretty nifty game. Aye, the ninja be wank, and Chin's the man. I wonder who his brother was though, the really fat teleport guy? WHAT? You can wall jump? I had think out this super-cool strategy to always trap the boss between us. You managed to beat it on your own, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Actually dusted off my NES and started playing again a few days ago. It took a little practice, and some patience, but I finally beat Super C without dying. Started playing some Life Force afterward to see how hard it would be for me to achieve a no-death run. I made it all the way until just after the last boss. Where you have to fly through the corridors and dodge the closing doors. I ended up dying twice right there at the end. :/ Though with a little practice I should be able to do a no-death run no problem.

Besides a no-death run of Life Force. I also have a couple of my own challenges that I want to achieve. A no-death+no-power up run of Super C. A no-death run of Jackal, I already did a no-continue run. As well as get to RD 99 in Clay Shooting(Duck Hunt). I've already rolled the score counter and got over a million plus points. The only thing left to do is try to get to RD99. I'll be playing NES all day today and getting some practice in.
    DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you, I've failed so many times on the no-death super C run. And the game isn't even that hard, but I always keep fucking up on silly things, like the last jump. Man, you guys are good.

Next time I open this thread I'll edit the original post, to mark your achievements.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    No kidding. All we did was SPIN KICK SPIN KICK SPIN KICK SPIN KICK until the game was over. It's so sad, Double Dragon II was actually a pretty nifty game. Aye, the ninja be wank, and Chin's the man. I wonder who his brother was though, the really fat teleport guy? WHAT? You can wall jump? I had think out this super-cool strategy to always trap the boss between us. You managed to beat it on your own, though?
    Ya, a bunch of times in single player. (Good luck finding another human being who wants to play this with you in 2P mode!) Don't wanna play it again though, it's a terrible game. To wall-jumpkick, run towards a wall and jumpkick it. You will walljump and fly in the opposite direction at full speed with kick extended. This attack is the most powerful move in the game and bosses tend to not duck against it too often (another lameness of this game, when enemies duck, they are invinsible and bosses do this a lot). Chin being the most powerful character, this move usually kills regular enemies with 2 attacks.

I beat all bosses with this attack only, including when fighting Chin and Ranzou. The limited-use special weapons you access with Select button.....what were they thinking? That is so dumb. "I can use my nun-chucks/claw only 5 times then it breaks". WHAT????
    Double Dragon 3.gif

As for the Chin bros, it's these guys from DD2

Double_DragonII_temple.jpg

Chin Semei & Chin Tai Mei
    Last edited by Myst; 31st-July-2013 at 01:54.
    Give me what I want or face destruction........IN JAPANESE!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Honk!

I'm playing through Gargoyle's Quest 2 again! But I decided to try the Game Boy version instead, just for shit and giggles (in regard to this thread, it most certainly still counts though!). Faithful port, but the smaller screen is annoying. You also have to new powers; homing shots and some meditation ability where Firebrand's soul leave him so you can check the surrounding without getting hurt. Awesome!

Thanks

I've finally beaten Tyson's punch out, took me quite a while.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here's a challenge you should add to the first post. After a couple days of playing, I finally beat Jackal without dying. The helicopters in the last level were probably my worst enemy, due to their unpredictable shots. Though luckily the last boss has a fairly predictable shot pattern. Next on my list is Life Force, which should be fairly easy. Then I'll try my hand at the above CV1 & CVIII challenges. How I love NES era Konami. They made some of the best games.