Thread: the UltraHLE

pheeph Guest

Default the UltraHLE

They say Zelda 64 can run on UltraHLE. I don't see how that works because the emulation cycles keep resetting. In plain English the rom can't run. Is there any way to get the rom running?

Thanks

Try Project64

JadeSaber Guest

Everyone keeps saying "Try Project 64". If your computer is OLD like MINE PJ isn't going to work no matter what plugins you stick in it. And thanks to people with money for new computers, they don't even bother to update the faster emulators anymore besides giving them glide wrapper support. I can't just go out and blow $1000 on a new PC just for games. If I had the money to blow like that, I would get more PS2 games anyway and a HD TV.
    Sorry to blow off steam like that.
    Pheeph, if PJ64 works for you, go with it. If UltraHLE works for you, try SupraHLE. It fixes alot of the bugs in the games that work on UHLE. Zelda 64 does work on it. It works almost perfectly, in fact. So does Mario Kart and Mario 64 and StarFox 64.

A bit of advice, when you download a new rom for it, make sure the rom file name has no spaces in it or the emulator will not recognize it properly. Example: Zelda 64.n64 should be renamed to Zelda64.n64.

If you can't find SupraHLE here, you can find it at:
    http://www.zophar.net/index.phtml

Thanks

Default ultrahle

Ultrahle runs zelda64 really wonderful, but supra-hle (ultrahle hack) does a better job. PJ64 needs at least a computer with 100mhz fsb, 128mb ram, and a geforce card, and wind98 to run ok.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

pheeph Guest

Oh yeah, this rom is a PAL version.

JadeSaber Guest

Default Re: ultrahle

Originally posted by grantu2
    Ultrahle runs zelda64 really wonderful, but supra-hle (ultrahle hack) does a better job. PJ64 needs at least a computer with 100mhz fsb, 128mb ram, and a geforce card, and wind98 to run ok.
    ok....I have a ancient Voodoo2 card and not one of the better GeForce cards. It still runs fine. Plus you can get glide plugins for almost anything.
    Basically, if your computer is OLD, try Supra. But Supra has speed because it only supports certain games, as Del-Boy informed me. The games it supports are WONDERFUL emulations if you can get Supra to work for you.

pheeph Guest

Default the UltraHLE

They say that enabling the PAL version requires tinkering with the Ini file. I don't understand the directions of that file though.

JadeSaber Guest

I don't know about PAL either. Sorry..... Is it possible you could try a non-PAL version? That's probably a really stupid question.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, you should grab an NTSC version of the ROM. And the reason why your cycles keep repeating is probably:
    1) You haven't specified the roms="" folder in your Ultra.ini file to point to the folder with Zelda64 in it.
    2) Zelda64 has a name longer than 8 chars, if you don't understand this, just rename whatever file it is, to z64.rom
    3) If all else fails, go kill bill gates, we need him dead, and you'd make just the right person!

pheeph Guest

Default the UltraHLE

I got a US version of the rom. Now I get that "illegal operation" error on the UltraHLE.

SirLuck Guest

I hope this advice isn't too nasty, but...

Get a new system. You don't need to spend $1,000 to get a good system. You should be able to find closeouts that will run PJ64 and other emulators for $300. You only need a system with 700 Mhz processor and a Voodoo 3,4,5 or Geforce 2 or higher video card.

You can also JUST update your motherboard and video card by shopping E-Bay. You could accomplish this for $150.

I have the same problems with Ultrahle. Supposedly, it runs Goldeneye better than any other emulator...Well, when I try it just says error loading. I verified the dump with GoodWindows so I don't know what the problem is...and support for Ultrahle is pretty dead. My Ultrahle does run MarioKart well though.

JadeSaber Guest

D- IT! What's wrong with this picture? If you are JUST upgrading your computer for GAMES, why not JUST BUY THE REAL THING? And some people CAN'T afford even cheap alternatives.

If you are using just ULTRAHLE on a computer with a voodoo card then you should TRY SUPRA HLE

For UltraHLE to work right on almost any game you need at least UltraHLP to go with it. But if you have SUPRA you won't need HLP. Supra is still being worked on. The current version seems to be 1.1.3
    It works perfectly for me on 99% of the games it is compatable with especially since I went to Wal-Mart and bought a cheap Interact AXISpad with D-pad and Analog sticks. Analog fixes the aiming problem in Goldeneye. It does work! Doesn't matter what program you used to verify the rom. BUT YOU SHOULD try to make sure the ROM ZIP FILE has a name with NO SPACES in it. That is why it will not load most of the time with games it should.
    For example: Zelda 64 Oot.v64 should be renamed to Zelda64.v64 or something.

I am sorry if this was a bit of a harsh reply, but I am sick of people bagging on SupraHLE when they don't know how to make it work in the first place. PJ64 this, PJ64 that....well PJ is great. I have no arguement there. But some people just CAN NOT use it and Supra is the next best thing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

i NEVER EVER got ultraHLE to work, but then again, i don't have a voodoo. i never got Corn to work either.
    never mind io get the 2 best to work fine, 1964 and PJ64