Thread: Bored: Post Some Photos?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Bored: Post Some Photos?

I was flicking through my camera yesterday and I came across photos I had taken some years back, on special occassions, during events, some of celebrities, more of landscape and scenery, and a few random pics.

Now if one were to go through these, naturally they would reminisce about the time they had when a particular picture was taken. After all, one of the main purposes of a photo is to preserve a memory, isn't it? But what happens with me, rather than sole reminiscence, I couldn't help but reflect whilst looking at my photos. I don't mean merely remembering the time captured - I mean taking in the beauty of what was captured. How great everything looks, that I am able to do it, and further down the line how fortunate I am to be where I am today: my hometown, London. I had and still have the opportunity to appreciate everything around me, unlike so many others who are worse off than myself.

I am a huge fan of photography. My personal opinion is the best ones are taken in a spontaneous fashion with their target innocent, as opposed to posed photos which I regard as "faked" - true emotion is captured that way. Photos also come in handy for graphic design, me using a few towards creating desktop backgrounds amongst other things.

The purpose of this thread is to post photos we have laying around. My reason, however? Well, for one, I hope you get struck by similar emotions and thought processes as described before. My second motive would be so you can present a fragment of your life to those reading. I don't imagine myself to be visiting New Delhi, Indiana or Sweden anytime soon, so it would be nice to get closer by seeing them from your perspective, even if that means sticking a camera out of the window or taking a picture of what you are eating. I'm sure we could all discuss and appreciate different things from them.

So these are a few of the city I love, the LDN. These were taken a few weeks back.

The following is what I like to call my spot. From anywhere in the world, when I find the woman I want to be with, I will be sure to take her there.

These two below were taken near where I used to live a couple of years ago. It is outside a place called Selhurst Park, which, if you are a soccer fan, you may better know it as home turf for the Crystal Palace football team.

Thanks

cool ^-^

how do i upload photos to this site? im new here...
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 19th-December-2012 at 11:36. Reason: don't double post, use the EDIT button.

Thanks

Some great shots, man.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mmaceman View Post
    cool ^-^

how do i upload photos to this site? im new here...
    Lethe used an imagehost, you can click on his pictures to where they're hosted. You can link directly to an image by copying its url and wrapping it with [img][/img] tags.
    That's not exactly what Lethe did, he posted thumbnails, and used [url] tags so you can click on them to see the fullsize images.

If you want you can simply attach images to your post, and they'll be hosted by the forum. Simply go to the Advanced postbit and scroll down, you'll see a Manage Attachments option. Give it a click, and you can upload a couple pics. They'll simply appear at the bottom of your post.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Do blurry pictures taken with a horribly outdated camera still count?

Its a secret to everyone!

You wish you were cool enough to drink from this.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's my new ride.

2012-11-21 15.56.16.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Took this just over a year ago and always liked it and I've posted it before somewhere around here. Not bad for 1.3 mp on an old phone. Double rainbow I took while out for a smoke down the street. The second rainbow is of course a little harder to see, the first one is fairly vivid.
    Spoiler warning:
    Last edited by Zaladane; 21st-December-2012 at 21:27.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Took this just over a year ago and always liked it and I've posted it before somewhere around here. Not bad for 1.3 mp on an old phone. Double rainbow I took while out for a smoke down the street. The second rainbow is of course a little harder to see, the first one is fairly vivid.
    Spoiler warning:
    That's pretty vivid for the second rainbow.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That's pretty vivid for the second rainbow.

Perfect circumstances for it as there was a nice amount of moisture in the air I guess for a nice reflection. The camera just didn't do it justice vs seeing it wih the naked eye. I've seen pics of this with a much better view of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    Do blurry pictures taken with a horribly outdated camera still count?

Its a secret to everyone!

You wish you were cool enough to drink from this.

Oh my gosh, you've reminded me of these bed covers I used to have as a youngster. The logo on your mug is the same as what was on my covers, with Mario alongside it. Speaking of Mario, I had a mug years ago when I was little, too. I think it came with an Easter egg I had. The mug ended up smashing, giving me a sizeable scar on my leg afterwards. The scar has since healed, although it took its time doing so. Pics or BS, I suppose, and I have none.

Anyway, I'll see you your video game memorabilia...and raise you this:

Spoiler warning:

How's that for VG love? Taking the pic by myself of myself, I couldn't get the best shot due to the camera angle (on my phone) and the way my arm is positioned. Please tell me you know who it is - I'll kill myself if you don't. Or if you ask whether it's a bloke, like what has occured in the past.

This is one of the few tattoos I have. It is on my right shoulder. I aim to have sleeves on both arms that artistically depict my person. My decision to get this was due to my affinity for video games growing up, as well as symbolise my dedication towards the Final Fantasy series. As a teen, I invested hundreds of hours on each playthrough and gained so much from playing each game, including knowledge and creativity. They have definitely played a part in shaping me into the person I am today, such as my musical tastes and even the way I talk at times. I think that's worth a tattoo.

I like how the design is looking onward, too. I decided upon Lightning after having seen her valkyrie persona in XIII-2. Plus she looks pretty cool. What is ironic, though, is that the portrait is taken from her incarnation in the previous title, which I detested. I added the shattered glass effect surrounding it.

It's my new ride.

2012-11-21 15.56.16.jpg
    That's hot. Period.

Spoiler warning:
    That is amazing. I can see the outer rainbow as well, but the main one is so vivid, as you said, that I feel as if it might be possible to walk a few hundred yards and physically touch it.

Thanks

Spoiler warning:

Thats probably the best rainbow angle i've ever seen

Its almost like you can really reach the end of the rainbow if you kept going

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

It's my new ride.

2012-11-21 15.56.16.jpg
    I approve of everything except the black wheels.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rok124 View Post
    Thats probably the best rainbow angle i've ever seen

Its almost like you can really reach the end of the rainbow if you kept going
    Yeah it's a good angle, here's the one I took either just before or right after.

Spoiler warning:
    Last edited by Zaladane; 22nd-December-2012 at 02:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I approve of everything except the black wheels.
    Are you any bit surprised?

Thanks
    EP Points

View of Mt. Rushmore from the Canadian side
    MtRush.jpg