Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania SUPERFANS!

Thanks
    EP Points

I LOVE THE CHICKEN!!! I hate medusa heads...
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mailmann006 View Post
    I LOVE THE CHICKEN!!! I hate medusa heads...
    OMG yes. Medusa Head-like enemies + fly-back-when-hit mechanic = no bueno
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

SOTN IMO must have been one of my favorite games of all time top 5 for sure and the best Castlevania series game I have played. 3D is nice but some games just seem to be made for 2D and Castlevania is one of those games. Music + Art + Story + seamlessly blended together. Must try the hand held versions now after reading above posts . If they ever made a sequel I'd buy it for sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

that 2nd of the sorrow game bugs the heck outta me with the stupid method of finishing bosses. it was hard with a actual nds and its still frustratingly hard on a emulator. beyond that, pretty good series overall.

much as i enjoy order of ecclesia, i think they took a play directly from star ocean with the integration of a unlockable lvl 255 cap.

oh yeah, heres a mystery for you guys. try to figure out how the extra ending in SoTN works. you know, the one with maria as a demon or some such lol doubt it even exists tbh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    In SOTN, can you go through the top right of the clock room? There and in the tower with gears and madusas theres a opening on the map. Do they go to each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Oh you mean the actual room with Alucart Gear. Just use a Stopwatch item in the clock room. You can find one by the entrance to the Arena Area. It's right by a Poltergeist enemy.
    That works in both Normal and Reversed maps.
    The secret in the merman room: break out the secret walls to clear the upper level tunnel, charge right through the tunnel with Wolf speed artifact, then wing smash to left through it in bat form. A secret room opens in the lower left corner when you do it right. (Reverse castle, reverse upper/lower)
    Outer Wall secret: Kill the Knight at the top of the lower section(when you first arrive, go down one screen and left.) Then go left to the next screen, break out enough of the wall to stand in, and stand in the hole for 15 seconds. An elevator takes you down to a room with Mirror Cuirass and Jewel Knuckles. These are the best weapon you can get for a long time!
    Most of the other secrets involve hitting the right wall/floor/ceiling. Try using Soul Steal spell to find them. Fairy is also VERY useful for finding secrets. And one in the lowest pits requires you to summon the Demon familiar before you enter the screen. He will fly out and hit the switch when you are close enough.
    And I almost forgot the Skeleton Ape that throws an explosive barrel to open up said Lowest Pits. You have to find and walk into a switch to make him appear.
    ------------------------
    Endings for SotN:
    Short 1: Kill Richter without Holy Glasses
    Short 2: Kill Richter with Holy Glasses equipped.
    Long 1: Kill Dracula with <196%
    Long 2: Kill Dracula with >196%
    Richter gets his own ending.
    -----------------------
    I can get 200.6% map without leaving the castle. The hard parts to get involve boost jumping(down, up+jump with into water, then wolf form when you hit the ceiling.
    I also use wolf/mist flight to get Holy Sword and familiars early. At the top of your jump, hold up and, iirc it's like wolf, wait, mist, wolf, wait, mist, wolf, wait... you will slowly rise up to the next screen while holding up, then push up+left in mist form to get that last little bit. It will eat magic bar like candy.
    One of the most useful pointers for getting places early is to jump a split second after you fall from a ledge. Your feet leave, you can fall about 1/8th to 1/6th of Alucards height and still get a normal full Jump. Good for getting a HP-up near the first save point/Cube of Zoe, among other things.
    ------------------------
    100% item collection requires +99 Luck and boost-jumping repeatedly up the librarians butt. Need Alucart set, 2 Lapis Lazuli, Draculas (Nail?) and luck potions.

The most powerful Weapons in the game don't start out that way.
    #4 Summon sword familiar and level him up until he flies away. After that you can summon it again, or equip him. Summon and level him up to increase the power of the Equipable sword familiar. But that's only the fourth most powerful Weapon.
    #3 Muramasa is a 2 handed weapon that heals you when you draw blood from a foe. This also makes it stronger, with higher ATT bonus taking more kills. The top end is unlimited.
    #2 Crissaegrim does start out at full strength, let's you attack about 10 times per button press, and can attack while running.
    #1 Alucard Shield: Equip it with the Shield Rod or Mablung Sword and press both attack buttons at the same time. This triggers a shield effect, which for the Alucard shield, makes it a 255-damage dealing, life-stealing, god-mode weapon. Just hold the shield in front of you and WINNING! until the effect wears off.
    -------------
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night second playthrough names. You might need the Long game endings to enable these, not sure.
    AXEARMOR = You start the game with Axe Lord Armor, the 4th morph. Iron Ball enemy also drops it. Crouch and hold attack with Jewel Knuckles or Basilard on the right side of it for easy kills
    X-X!V''Q = You start the game with 99 Luck and other stats near zero.
    RICHTER = You play as Richter instead of Alucard.
    ------------
    Equip Talisman with X-X!V''Q/Alucart set/Lapis Lazuli/Dracula (nail?[the one that raises Luck]) and it will make things easier. If you use Game Shark/PEC to set your luck over ~1000 and equip the Talisman, you will be impossible to hit.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 26th-December-2012 at 02:51.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

nice collection of secrets/codes there skullpoker, already know most if not all of those myself but still a nice list

always thought that merman secret was rather obscure myself, i mean how is anyone supposed to figure that out without looking up hidden stuff for the game? also, iirc wasn't there supposedly a method to get death to not take your gear at the beginning or bypass that scene? can't remember how though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i have played almost every title of castlevenia and thanks to Emparadise for that & i just want to say portrait of ruin has the best soundtrack in the series.a lot of great tunes really and if u loved SOTN then u will love those titles out for NDS. because they are very similar game.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Eh, the medusa heads in CI and III are actually really easy because all they do is... act like a dizzy goomba. But yeah, people dun' seem to realize this.

I still haven't played anything after CIV (which I, for the record, don't really like for some reason). Beat CIII a while back without dying though! So, yay me.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

In the Japanese version of Symphony of The Night, in the Towers area as Maria theres that confessional room, it has a weird theme. What the point of it anyway? Is there a special purpose to the room?
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah SotN should be everyone's fave since it's the best. But Dawn of Sorrow is really great too and its prequel Aria of...?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Aria of...?
    Sorrow. Didn't see that one coming, right?

But yeah, I think that's pretty spot on, I greatly enjoyed Aria and Dawn. Though I do have a soft spot for Castlevania IV, as a result of growing up with it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah it was Aria of Sorrow too wasnt it? I always liked how Dawn of Sorrow's initials were basically DS and it was on the DS...ah nevermind its a stretch...

Thanks

This is home to all my Castlevania remixes.
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/mp3s-tduyduc.htm
    I am a big fan of Castlevania series, so I made them as my love to this great series.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tduyduc View Post
    This is home to all my Castlevania remixes.
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/mp3s-tduyduc.htm
    I am a big fan of Castlevania series, so I made them as my love to this great series.
    I really liked the Final Fantasy fusions.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to williamjones For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    It's one of the things that led me to EP. Back when they only hosted a few psx games a month or something like that.
    nearly 11 years then?

Rewardsgaming.net