Thread: First time you saw a 7th gen console?

Thanks

Default First time you saw a 7th gen console?

Yeah, I know I ask alot of stuff, but I'm bored and I like seeing people's stories about different stuff.

So, yeah, when was the first time you ever saw a 7th generation video game console (Xbox 360/PS3/Wii)?

I remember many years ago, I went to a shopping mall not far from where I live with a friend, and they had started to show the PS3 in the game store. The game they had on was Motorstorm, and I actually played it for about 5 minutes, I was just blown away at how great it looked. I wanted a PS3 so badly after that, but I couldn't afford one, I must have been about 14 or so at the time. For my 15th birthday, I got a Wii, and when I turned 17, I got a Xbox 360. But not until now, when I'm 20 years old, 6 years afterwards, I actually got a PS3. I played Motorstorm the other day, just remembering the day I first laid eyes on a 7th generation console. I think Motorstorm looks crap now though, haha, but I guess it looks alright for being 6 years old ^^

Thanks

LOL wow im getting old i remember i was blown away by the jump from 8 bit to 16 bit but any way;
    the first time i saw one was at game stop and a employee had a japanese ps3 set up i remember seeing metal gear solid 4 for the ps3 it shocked me to see graphics so smooth .
    i paid a arm and a leg for the ps3 when it first came out (564.00)but it was a great investment cuz its still runs today. PS:i went thru 2 xbox 360 what a piece of crap at least sony's shit last

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crystalis View Post
    LOL wow im getting old i remember i was blown away by the jump from 8 bit to 16 bit but any way;
    the first time i saw one was at game stop and a employee had a japanese ps3 set up i remember seeing metal gear solid 4 for the ps3 it shocked me to see graphics so smooth .
    i paid a arm and a leg for the ps3 when it first came out (564.00)but it was a great investment cuz its still runs today. PS:i went thru 2 xbox 360 what a piece of crap at least sony's shit last
    I'm on my second PS3 but my Xbox 360 has lasted me, so my experience is the reverse of yours, haha

Thanks
    EP Points

xbox360 here, think it was a bit before Sonic Unleashed came out, unfortunately said xbox suffered a RROD a year or so ago and now i'm left with the flash drive + kinect combo (initial release model i think)

Thanks
    EP Points

To be honest my memory of that far back is a little fuzzy. However IIRC my first exposure was to an Xbox 360, around 3 months before Halo 3 came out after a friend got it. Ever since, even after having played the Wii (great in its own way) I still prefer the 360 as my newer console of choice. Although to this day, I've never touched a PS3
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

I think I first saw a Xbox 360 display at Target or something. I do however remember seeing a PS3 and Motorstorm setup and like you was blown away by how awesome it looked. While Motorstorm is dated now, it is still a good game. Recently while I was at best buy, I got a chance to try out the Wii U.

Thanks
    EP Points

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

My 7th gen game console virginity was taken at the age of 18... I think. Sometime around then anyway. I guess wether or not I was legally an adult is irrelevant to the story.

All rambling aside, myself and my good friend would always go to our mutual other friends house to hang out when the three of us didn't have work or other obligations. I wouldn't call friend 3 a wealthy man, nor did he have a wealthy family. He did however have a single relative that liked to dote upon him and his two siblings. Due to this family member's generosity he was one of the first to get a 360 on launch day.
    I didn't know he had it day one so I can't pin down the exact day I got to experience it. I'd say within a wekk though. He booted up Assassin's Creed and handed me the controller. I was glued to his tv until his mom came into his room and asked if myself and friend 2 were staying for dinner. I still enjoy the franchise to this day. (Only on the PC for the superior graphics and load times)

On a side note I remember the first time I saw the PS3 was at a different friend's house (we'll call him friend 4) It was maybe 6 months later and the game was resistance fall of man. I was just as blown away as I was with the 360 and AC if not more. I ended up getting all 3 consoles though haha
    Last edited by Monofthedead; 22nd-December-2012 at 21:39.

Thanks

The television of course

But I evaluated that the Xbox is the best option to get, but then I was pretty dissapointed when I got it late 09' for christmas

I freaking loved the ps3 though

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

1st 7th generation console I saw was at the pawn shop. They get people pawning/selling those things soon after they get them as a gift. I saw the PS3 a month or so after they came out, but never bothered to look at a retail display.

Thanks

it was a PS3 that my father bought and I bought a Wii years later. still to this day, I've never touched a Xbox 360 and still have both consoles

Thanks
    EP Points

I was at a mall in Indianapolis a few weeks before the Xbox360 came out where they had a display set up in the GameStop showing off Call of Duty. I currently own a Wii and a PS3 however.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I was at a mall in Indianapolis a few weeks before the Xbox360 came out where they had a display set up in the GameStop showing off Call of Duty. I currently own a Wii and a PS3 however.
    That's how much you liked what you saw

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by eldon View Post
    1st 7th generation console I saw was at the pawn shop. They get people pawning/selling those things soon after they get them as a gift. I saw the PS3 a month or so after they came out, but never bothered to look at a retail display.
    Or they're commonly stolen and pawned =O
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"