Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! A very irritating computer error!

Thanks

Red face Help! A very irritating computer error!

i've been suffering for 8 months because of this error right now.
    here's the error.
    when i want to open my modem app.exe (the trigger to get my modem functioning, a message appeared and said :
    APP.EXE - APPLICATION ERROR
    (X)(a quite big X symbol here) THE APPLICATION FAILED TO INITIALIZE PROPERLY (0xc0000034). CLICK ON OK TO TERMINATE THE APPLICATION.

that's it, can't open my modem for 8 months because of this.
    but, i borrowed my friend's modem(different type) and it CAN be opened from my laptop!
    and when i lent my modem to my friend, it worked!
    i tried system recovery, i don't have any backups for system recovery, @@
    the problem all started when i downloaded KASPERSKY AntiVirus(not sure if it's an antivirus or something else but definitely kaspersky), scanned my computer, and voila, the problem came up.

could you please help me?
    a help would be very, very, very, appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go to the website of the modem manufacturer, download the drivers for your modem, and install them.

Thanks

tried it, didn't help.
    =(

Thanks
    EP Points

If your modem works on another computer, but not yours...and a different modem works on yours, it HAS to be a driver problem.

Thanks

oh yeah, the error is just not on my modem, yahoo messenger won't open too.

yes i think so too, i want to solve this problem if it is possible.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 21st-November-2012 at 11:42. Reason: don't double post, use the EDIT button!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    the problem all started when i downloaded KASPERSKY AntiVirus(not sure if it's an antivirus or something else but definitely kaspersky), scanned my computer, and voila, the problem came up.
    Try disabling Kasperky temporarily, and run the application. If the application starts, then you should add it to Kaspersky's exceptions list. Otherwise, your file might have become corrupt for some reason (maybe it was infected, and kaspersky tried to "clean" it, which would usually fail and the file will become unusable) Try uninstalling this "app.exe" application, and then installing it again (using your modem disc/floppy)

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

i deleted this kaspersky, lol, because it's lagging so much in my computer, and i tried install uninstall like, thirty times.
    and still didn't work.

Thanks

Some system files are corrupted; try to restore your system, if it didn't work, reinstall Windows!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Boy View Post
    reinstall Windows!
    I second this.

Thanks

i want to try it, can you teach me how to reinstall windows by my own?
    my money is a bit low, lol.

Thanks

i want to try it, can you teach me how to reinstall windows by my own?
    my money is a bit low, lol.
    At first, copy your important information from Drive C into another Drive.
    Installing Windows 7 & 8 are similar;
    Insert Windows Disc into the DVD-Drive & Restart your system;
    Press Enter when you see the Dos screen & Wait for the Windows to prepare setup;
    Choose your Language & Keyboard and proceed to the next step;
    There are two kinds of installation: Upgrade & Custom (Advanced), select Custom; Also there are two other kinds of installation (Architecture): x86 & x64 >> Select x64 if you've a 64-Bit based Processor and more than 3 GB RAM, otherwise select x86!
    Select and format your System drive; then click next while the System Drive is being highlighted.
    You're all done, just wait for the windows to be installed.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you still have problems installing your Windows, feel free to tell me

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, okay. Lets sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Boy View Post
    At first, copy your important information from Drive C into another Drive.
    Installing Windows 7 & 8 are similar;
    Insert Windows Disc into the DVD-Drive & Restart your system;
    Press Enter when you see the Dos screen & Wait for the Windows to prepare setup;
    Choose your Language & Keyboard and proceed to the next step;
    There are two kinds of installation: Upgrade & Custom (Advanced), select Custom; Also there are two other kinds of installation (Architecture): x86 & x64 >> Select x64 if you've a 64-Bit based Processor and more than 3 GB RAM, otherwise select x86!
    Select and format your System drive; then click next while the System Drive is being highlighted.
    You're all done, just wait for the windows to be installed.
    ----------------------------------------
    If you still have problems installing your Windows, feel free to tell me
    You're jumping the gun; the "just reformat everything and pray" option is what lazy people do to fix simple problems. We haven't ruled out all other possible solutions, therefore there is no reason to be recommending anything so drastic just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Go to the website of the modem manufacturer, download the drivers for your modem, and install them.
    ^this is the correct solution. However, you need to go through and uninstall the old drivers through your device manager first, as well as any applications listed under your Add/Remove Programs prompt (in the control panel) related to the modem. Restart your computer.

Now make for damned sure you downloaded the correct drivers for your modem. BEFORE attempting to reconnect it, install the drivers, restart for good measure. Finally, you can attach the modem and it "should" be working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    If your modem works on another computer, but not yours...and a different modem works on yours, it HAS to be a driver problem.
    ^YES. This is an incredibly common issue with a very simple solution, there's no reason any experienced windows user shouldn't know to at least try this in a case like this.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 23rd-November-2012 at 09:05.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Wow, okay. Lets sort this out.
    You're jumping the gun; the "just reformat everything and pray" option is what lazy people do to fix simple problems. We haven't ruled out all other possible solutions, therefore there is no reason to be recommending anything so drastic just yet.
    "Strider" asked me to help him reinstall his windows, and I did it! suggest a solution Mr. Active!!!
    oh yeah, the error is just not on my modem, yahoo messenger won't open too.
    The problem is not just Modem!

Thanks

for maslowk,
    as i said,
    i already did download my modem's driver, and it didn't work, 12 times to be exact.
    and yes, if it is a driver problem, then can you help me with a solution?
    i really really appreciate your comment though, thank you very much.

and for "naughty" boy,
    i only have 2 disk drives, C and D, so you're saying i should move my important files to other drive, and that drive must be drive D right?
    i'm gonna try it maybe seven days from now, hoping there are better solution than reinstalling, i don't really want the trouble with copying and moving and installing my lovely software again, lol.
    thank you so much guys.

Thanks

i only have 2 disk drives, C and D, so you're saying i should move my important files to other drive, and that drive must be drive D right?
    i'm gonna try it maybe seven days from now, hoping there are better solution than reinstalling, i don't really want the trouble with copying and moving and installing my lovely software again, lol.
    thank you so much guys.
    I mean you have to copy, make a backup copy from (etc.) your files to prevent them from being deleted! You can also send your files to a Flash Memory device.
    I've no other idea to fix the problem, but I'm sure the problem will be solved by reinstalling windows!
    Have you tried System Restore?