Thread: New PSP emulator!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default New PSP emulator!!!

DroidGamers <--Reference

PPSSPP <-- Website

So I stumbled upon this and almost shed tears of joy. This new psp emulator PPSSPP (developed by the same people who made Dolphin) is coded in C++ and is designed to run across all platforms. This includes Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, etc..

The downside is that its still in development and is in like an early early beta stage right now. That doesnt mean that it has no potential however. On the developer website it has a video of it being used on an android phone.

P.S. This is like a godsend to anyone who owns a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play like myself.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to negles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

That looks amazing! Can't wait until it runs more commercial games!
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yea who knows how long it'll take though.. How long did it take to get dolphin up and running?
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    Yea who knows how long it'll take though.. How long did it take to get dolphin up and running?
    Took a while, but Dolphin was more compatible with wii games than it was with gc games. I know people were mostly trying to play games like windwaker, ssbm, and other popular ones at the time. The last time I tried it two years ago, I was able to run brawl.

Here's people playing SSBM online at least 3 years LOL:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look at how long xbox emulation had taken there isn't a good one yet, much like some of Sega's consoles this one is difficult to emulate or it would seem so with the failures that are out.

How long Saturn emulation had taken and is still being developed or Dreamcast emulation that for now seems to be at a stand still, well dead with NullDC that is very good but still not perfect. (both are difficult hardware to emulate and both systems have alot of failed emulators)

Personly I will never rely on emulation alone not even the 16 bit emulators are completly perfect, though very near

That all said it's still a nice find negles

Other emulators fly off, like GBA emulation was out very quick from what I remember (I'm almost sure it come out before the GBA did or a few days after and was playable for a few games off the bat) and NDS almost as quick, though NDS emulation is still on off for alot of games

PSP I would put it a lil easier than Dreamcast or Saturn at a guess but hardware than Wii/Gamecube, I guess you will just have to wait and see what comes of it if anything
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-November-2012 at 11:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well the reason I asked is because like I said its made by the same people who made dolphin. And they got dolphin up and running for the most part which is more complicated than a psp so it would give me just a rough sort of estimate kind of.
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would guess that PSP is harder to emulate than the GC or Wii but just wait and see you can't always tell with these things

The PSP should have some good tech/dev docs though now that will aid in creating a working emulator a lil faster than without

The group does apear to be fast workers though aswell so I do hope that something great comes of it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-November-2012 at 11:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR