Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Disney just bought Lucasfilm LTD and are planning new Star Wars movies

Thanks

Default So Disney just bought Lucasfilm LTD and are planning new Star Wars movies

a new trilogy to be exact for the moment, and after that... god only knows honestly. kinda a nuts bit of news in some ways.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    EP Points

One could hope they turn the Timothy Zahn books into the movies. Love to see Thrawn in action.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah I can't see this being anything other than good. Sure they might crap all over the series, but we've already gotten about as bad as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
    One could hope they turn the Timothy Zahn books into the movies. Love to see Thrawn in action.
    Be nice if they're lazy enough to just do the good books, instead of trying to create new garbage...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I must say I'm really surprised at how much the internet is exploding with rage over this. Disney buying a company responsible for some timeless adventure films with appeal across the ages? Oh no, it's the end of the world! Oh wait. They already bought a company responsible for some timeless adventure films with appeal across the ages: Pixar. And being brought under the Disney banner doesn't appear to have done them much harm. In fact, they've produced some of their best work since the merger.

There's also the fact that... er... Disney isn't exactly just Mickey Mouse and princesses. Heck this is the company that bankrolled Pulp Fiction through their Miramax arm. Maybe I'll be made to eat my words and they'll knock together a sequel trilogy with lectures on the power of friendship and talking animal sidekicks, but they have a proven track record of working outside their comfort zone. I don't know, I agree with Ragnar. I really think this could be the best thing to happen to Lucasfilm for a long time.

Also, even assuming Disney approached the franchise in the most Disney-ish way possible, would it really be any worse than Jar Jar? He's one musical number away from being a Disney character anyway. Well... that and a whole lot of charisma.

Thanks

George has been whoring-out to Disney for many years now, so this comes as no major shock. Saddened a bit by the news, but c'mon; he is a nearly 70-year-old obese man with diabetes...maybe Uncle George has just had enough of it all.

The 'signing-off' promo pic, where the Disney characters are all gathered around dressed as SW characters says it all: Just look at the expression on George's face.

Ah well, whatever Disney decides to do at this point certainly cant be any more of a detriment to the SW 'franchise' than Episodes 1-3, the 'Special Editions', and Goofy dressed as Boba Fett.

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

BARGON WANCHI KOX PAA, SOLO

OH HO HO HO

Silliness aside, I see this as a good thing. Like I said the other day in the HO, things can only get better after that trainwreck of a prequel trilogy. Quite interested to see what they're gonna do with this new trilogy.

(include Kyle Katarn plz plz plz)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Spoiler warning:

BARGON WANCHI KOX PAA, SOLO

OH HO HO HO

Silliness aside, I see this as a good thing. Like I said the other day in the HO, things can only get better after that trainwreck of a prequel trilogy. Quite interested to see what they're gonna do with this new trilogy.

(include Kyle Katarn plz plz plz)
    What does that pic of my ex-wife have to do with anything?

...ohhhhh....Jabba reference..got it, now...

Thanks

it's not a merger, lucasfilm is a subsidiary with a parent company, which means they'll have their own internal structure and answer to the board which in turn answers to disney. so there's still a fair amount of autonomy with this.

also it's been suggested that it's going to be completely new stories, so nothing from the EU will be used. or if it's used it won't be what we're familiar with. so... odds are good it'll completely obliterate that. but it might not. it might be set at a point that it doesn't do anything. honestly, until we have more info on what's going to happen odds are any speculation will probably just cause nerdrage. on the other forum i'm on the reaction has been extremely mixed.

oh. and don't forget disney also owns marvel, which just put out the avengers, so... there is that. marvel's a subsidiary as well.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    EP Points

Leia is now a Disney princess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Grape View Post
    Leia is now a Disney princess.
    Just like Emma Frost

Thanks

I am quite interested in how this will play out i mean, it is Disney. The series already seemed complete after Episode VI so to add a sequel trilogy would seem rather unneeded?

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trimaj View Post
    a new trilogy to be exact for the moment, and after that... god only knows honestly. kinda a nuts bit of news in some ways.
    Do you have any references? or is this just something you heard? Don't get me wrong its not that I don't believe you, because I base a lot of things off these kind of statements before. However, with films like these and there classic fanbase it'd be nice for a reference
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

I would love to see the original cast (Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, etc.) return for one last hurrah. They could warp back in time and kill off everyone from episodes 1-3 and be like "Yeah, those crappy movies never really happened".

Thanks
    EP Points

But I liked episode I.

And I don't like Disney.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

I honestly don't know what to think about Lucas' recent decision. If the next trilogy however were to be based on Timothy Zahn's Star Wars novels, that would be pretty awesome! However, no matter how you look at it, casting will be difficult.
    ~The Great Zamboni pyro: