Thread: Open Playstation Loader (OPL) v.0.9 Game Compatibility

Hybrid View

Thanks

Arrow Open Playstation 2 Loader (OPL) v.0.9 Game Compatibility

Well, started this thread to share a Compatibility List for the version 0.9 of OPL.
    EDIT: Moved to version 0.9.1. Anything uploaded on 0.9 will carry over to 0.9.1.

Please, help me completing this list. Any helping hands appreciated!
    On this list, you'll see the older 0.8 and the new 0.9.1 versions so you can see what has changed.

See the list here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yaWtZb0E#gid=0

This time, the list is not open for edits, if you want to add something, just PM me or reply to this post.
    Don't forget to thank me for this :)

Also, if it's not too much to ask, please add me to your friend list.

Cheers! ^^
    Last edited by aurelio23; 15th-July-2013 at 21:02. Reason: EDIT: Moved to version 0.9.1

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You might want to actually tell everyone what it actually does first and how it works

Personly testing other things like ESR fully a much more stable way to run PS2 software on a PS2, not that I object to running PS2 software otherways at all

If you host that site yourself change the PSX-Scene link it's wrong

Also PSX-Scene have there own compat list for the OpenPS2 loader (You forgot to put a 2 in there this has little to do with Playstation software and everything to do with Playstation 2)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2012 at 10:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You might want to actually tell everyone what it actually does first and how it works

Personly testing other things like ESR fully a much more stable way to run PS2 software on a PS2, not that I object to running PS2 software otherways at all

If you host that site yourself change the PSX-Scene link it's wrong

Also PSX-Scene have there own compat list for the OpenPS2 loader (You forgot to put a 2 in there this has little to do with Playstation software and everything to do with Playstation 2)
    Thanks for the info.
    Well, even if I forgot to mention this works only with PS2 Format Software, I see this as a safe way to look if a game do work on it. I personally use and recomend Open PS2 Loader. The games that I included on the list I tested myself. But what is this ESR anyway?
    About the PSX-Scene, i just wrote down what it's already included on the homebrew (actually, you read this on the splash screen). I searched that site looking for compatibility lists, found only 0.8's.

Anyway, thanks for replying, i appreciate your time.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FreeMCboot along with ESR can boot patched DVD burned games automaticly

Basicly the patch will put DVD-VIDEO code in the DVD and the burned game is detected as a DVD video so no Red this disc is not ment for the PS2 ect... screen, ESR looks for this code and looks at the rest of the disc for game data then boots it

In basic terms you put your burned disc into the PS2 and it will boot up or if you don't have auto boot enabled your PS2 will go into the browser as normal and you manually sellect the DVD Video and it will auto boot from there

ESR compatibility list is my list. That was part of a guide but I seperated it as it was too big

The video I only just recoreded just to show how ESR works, I use FFX for the vid.

I will do another vid another time that looks like it lags, it doesn't

P.S. you still have not said what OPL is or what it does yet.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-October-2012 at 12:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    FreeMCboot along with ESR can boot patched DVD burned games automaticly

Basicly the patch will put DVD-VIDEO code in the DVD and the burned game is detected as a DVD video so no Red this disc is not ment for the PS2 ect... screen, ESR looks for this code and looks at the rest of the disc for game data then boots it

In basic terms you put your burned disc into the PS2 and it will boot up or if you don't have auto boot enabled your PS2 will go into the browser as normal and you manually sellect the DVD Video and it will auto boot from there

ESR compatibility list is my list. That was part of a guide but I seperated it as it was too big

The video I only just recoreded just to show how ESR works, I use FFX for the vid.

I will do another vid another time that looks like it lags, it doesn't

P.S. you still have not said what OPL is or what it does yet.
    Oh, my PS2 already has a modchip installed (Matrix Infinity 1.93), so i didn't need any patch. And I use Open Playstation 2 Loader with the SMB server (cross-over cable connected to my PC) because my PS2 Slim lens is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelio23 View Post
    Oh, my PS2 already has a modchip installed (Matrix Infinity 1.93), so i didn't need any patch. And I use Open Playstation 2 Loader with the SMB server (cross-over cable connected to my PC) because my PS2 Slim lens is dead.
    Planing to buy a PS2 FAT to use HDD instead.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-October-2012 at 14:29.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mod chip users also use ESR especially if there chips don't support ingame disc swops/swaps plus ESR is more compatible with some games, maybe less with others more with CD games than anything else, but if you have a mod chip you have a choice I guess.

Yet to find anything I would rush out and buy a mod chip just to play yet, but my tests are not fully complete yet.

I have found a few laggy FMV games using ESR but the same will happen with a mod chip or any other DVD method, it's to do with the drive not reading burned media as fast as pressed media, but so far nothing too bad only one fmv hungry game that has the issue being the Wolfenstien game that I happen to have for the xbox aswell, Apart from my having it for another system I will be going back to the FMV stuttery games and seeing if I can't fix the issue by using different drivers used by the PS2 for those games because most games don't have that issue and there are few different versions of the drivers used out there.

I may do some OPL testing but for now I have my time taken up on alot of projects

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well, someone filed Pro Evolution Soccer 2012, but there are some issues on it. I'm not pretty sure if the game is US or Europe. Anyway, modified the submission. So the game appears as European (SLES_XXX.XX is Europe). Also, the game looks like it is some patched version. Put the notes aside. Thanks.
    Last edited by aurelio23; 24th-October-2012 at 00:24.

Thanks

I need to organize/delete some of the information posted on the file. Thanks to everyone that has helped me up to today. I currrentl am a little away from this post, so i think it's time to put some order on the file ^^

Thanks

To aurelio,Zorlon and all ppl who contributed, There is a wonderful app. by Developer Javia Tapia Torres. Literally This application solved all of the compatibility lists issues. Please Take a look here at the official thread here:
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f20/[app]-jlojch-v3-official-list-games-compatible-opl-hdl-usb-esr-tapia-69479/

PS: In the new version, all programs and devices are added (OPL 0.9, HDLoader,...etc.). I suggest you take a good look at the thread. Also Help Spreading the word as most of us didn't know about this wonderful application.

Regards.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2013 at 14:38.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Create your own thread please instead of leaching onto a different users thread...

I don't mind you posting info about the program but please take into consideration of the rules here and just make your own thread.

Myself I will be sticking to my own that I have no issues with at all, I am in sole control of it, with a submissions thread, so I can monitor what goes in it, advise anyone that has had faults making it work ect, I also do a bit more than just add to a list, but also offer fixes ect as well.

For now the PS2 is well behind me for as I am working on fixes for the xbox from HDD install fixes to HD display fixes, a few minor ones as well like games with no icons shown.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2013 at 14:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]