Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: So I guess Resident Evil 6 is Poopy

Thanks
    EP Points

Default So I guess Resident Evil 6 is Poopy

I guess the game is going to score bad, and has people complaining about it. Granted, it is the reviews and not gamer scores, but still. There are also alot of cutscenes as well. People that have it, say it is much worse than RE5

http://www.gamespot.com/resident-evi...vil-6-6397436/
    4.5/10

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have never let a review determine my interest.

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    ^~This~^

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, unless you've played it, u can't have the same kind of opinion as someone who has.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

Who cares? It's a new RE game, people will play it and those who bitch will continue to play it. And once they beat it and get unlocks and stuff they'll play it again and guess what same people who bitch will turn around and start saying "hey not bad" A year after people will start looking back and possibly replaying and say "hey pretty decent game" now where's 7?

Reviewers can kiss my ass, do these idiots even play these games for more than a few minutes? I wouldn't know because I never listen/watch them. And I use the term reviewers very loosely.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 3rd-October-2012 at 00:01.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Complete opposite here. But actually agreeing with a reviewer is an entirely different matter. I've bought games after reading terrible reviews, and concluded that games with perfect scores are shit. It's simply a matter of understanding what a reviewer is telling you.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Complete opposite here. But actually agreeing with a reviewer is an entirely different matter. I've bought games after reading terrible reviews, and concluded that games with perfect scores are shit. It's simply a matter of understanding what a reviewer is telling you.
    I think people took my "words of wisdom" to heart, but what I meant was that I don't waste time reading them in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Out of curiosity I had a look at GameFAQs Reviews and Ratings scores for this.

PS3
    Reader Review Average: n/a
    GameFAQs Rating Average: 6.5 (From 122 users)
    GameRankings Average: 8.0 (From 9 reviews)

Xbox 360
    Reader Review Average: 8.0 (From 1 review)
    GameFAQs Rating Average: 6.0 (From 56 users)
    GameRankings Average: 6.9 (From 33 reviews)

actually agreeing with a reviewer is an entirely different matter
    Indeed.
    I rarely read reviews anyway, but some are good for a laugh.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-October-2012 at 04:30.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm inclined to agree with this, but I'm not above using them as a gauge for a game's approximate worth. Maybe not a review made by a single person, but usually user reviews can at least give you an idea of what's wrong with a game.

Thanks

Don't let a review to influnce your opinion (negative or positive),the safest way to make sure if a game is worthy is to play.Reviews and opinions are biased based on the thoughts, way of thinking,preferences etc of each person.Also sometimes the matter is more complicated and cannot be answered by a single yes or not,or like-dislike,or a negative or positive vote and review.For a example,me as a hardcore and classic RE fan from the PS1 era,i don't like the series after game 4,because i don't like the fact that the game lost its adventure-mystery (ok it is not exactly a classic adventure,but there were a lot of riddles) style,the plot and the game lost its reality (i am not saying that the game was not fictionary and the story is based on ordinary and daily incidents,buy there was never a merchant in the series like in RE4,lurking in the game just to sell weapons etc)and the style of the game changed in a splatter-shooting-action gameplay 100% with checkpoints and similar shoot em up gameplay elements.So for me as a RE game series i give all RE's from 4 until now a big 0 as a grade,but as a cold hearted,unbiased gamer i give them a 8 because of the graphics,the action,the gameplay etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Play the demo, that is enough to make you vomit your insides out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Reviews provide insight that a trailer and random news doesn't .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have it and like it a RE 1,2, and 3 it is not but a great game. Upgrades are good multiple players and story's and a lot more. This guy's review and the ratings are way to low.

Thanks

i played the demo off of the ps3

controls are odd (not the standard controls you would think you would see in a game, but not a big deal though)
    the characters take up 90% of the screen
    extremely CoD like (except for Leon's scenario, which is actually more like the original Resident evil games)
    shooting is very hard, but then again i dont play shooting games a lot anyways

and i simply just find this an unnecessary game in the series, i believe that the series should've ended in RE5 when the final antagonists and the creators of the virus were finally killed and destroyed.

for the zombies to still keep coming just doesnt make sense

i would still play it and RE5 tho

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Deegmeester Daan View Post
    Reviews provide insight that a trailer and random news doesn't .
    Definitely, you'd be lucky to glean any kind of actual game play information from most trailers now and days anyway. Though that being said, I'd still take most reviews with a grain of salt.