Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ePSXe 1.6.0 sound problem on a game.

Thanks

Default ePSXe 1.6.0 sound problem on a game.

Whenever I load my inspector gadget game, Called "Inspector Gadget - Gadgets Crazy Maze" on the ePSXe 1.6.0 emulator, It doesn't actually play music in-game, but on the main menu screen it plays music, and in-game in plays sound effects. I have tried ePSXe 1.7.0, it works but when I try to play netplay on it, we don't both see the same screen, example: P1 could be moving something, while for P2 on his screen, it would just be at the main menu. The netplay on ePSXe 1.6.0 works fine, we both see the same screen but the music doesn't play while in-game, but the sound effects do.

Also, when I downloaded this rom, it was from
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Inspector_Gadget_-_Gadget's_Crazy_Maze_[/url][U]/37018-download

When I downloaded this, it came with 3 files, ccd, img and sub.

When I load up the ccd file with ePSXe 1.7.0 buy "Run ISO", the music in-game is fine, but when I load the img file of it, it doesn't play the music in-game, it just plays the sound effects.

In ePSXe 1.6.0, when I click "Run ISO", I can only load up BIN, ISO and IMG files, not ccd. I loaded up the IMG file and it didn't play music in-game, it only played sound effects.

The plugins I used for ePSXe 1.6.0 are:

BIOS: scph1001
    Graphics: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2
    Netplay: Cyberpad 1.4

I have tried using different sound plugins, like External SPU Plugin 1.50 and P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9, but it still only plays sound effects in game, I have also tried using these plugins on ePSXe 1.7.0, and the same results again, only playing sound effects in-game.

The plugins I have used for 1.7.0 are:

BIOS: scph1001
    Graphics: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 <--- I think this is the plugin I need to make the sound work, because it's the only sound plugin that makes it play music in-game, but I can't find it anywhere as a separate plugin which you can download.

Netplay: Cyberpad 1.4

My friend has the same setup for ePSXe 1.6.0, he hasn't got ePSXe 1.7.0 because i'm testing to try and make the sound work, and I can't find out how to fix this.

I would be really grateful if somebody gave me a solution to fix this problem, it would be a relief after everything i've tried to do to fix it. Thanks
    Last edited by Ashley7; 28th-September-2012 at 19:27.

Thanks
    EP Points

You may need to mount the disc image and load it using the cd rom plugin in epsxe. Here's a guide on how to do that; http://www.ehow.com/how_2127644_magi...isc-image.html

After getting it mounted note the drive letter and choose it in your cd rom settings in epsxe.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I followed all the steps, but when I try to load the game it just stays on a black screen

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you make sure to tell it to mount the game by the .ccd file instead of the .img file? That could be an issue.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I tried both of them, and they both gave me a black screen

Thanks
    EP Points

get yourself a cue sheet here and try mounting that.

Edit: Are you sure the game HAS music in the game? I mean maybe the levels don't have any music at all. Or maybe the music volume has been set to very low in game settings.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

by the way ePSXe 1.7.0 is the only version that can open ccd files just fine aswell as cue files and mds to be able to read sound tracks

If you want to use 1.6.0 and have sound tracks working you need to use D-Tools lite and mount the cd image to that via a cue or ccd file and in ePSXe 1.6.0 or 1.7.0 or any other version make sure the cd plugin reads the correct drive and hit run cd-rom instead of run iso, and the sound tracks will work

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite Use the Download free option, the paid option is for business use, but you are only using it for home use that is fine for the free version (make sure you install the optional driver SPDT I think it's called, the D-Tools lite install will prompt you)

P.S. most other virtual CD software will not work correctly if at all with ePSXe
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-September-2012 at 00:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    by the way ePSXe 1.7.0 is the only version that can open ccd files just fine aswell as cue files and mds to be able to read sound tracks

If you want to use 1.6.0 and have sound tracks working you need to use D-Tools lite and mount the cd image to that via a cue or ccd file and in ePSXe 1.6.0 or 1.7.0 or any other version make sure the cd plugin reads the correct drive and hit run cd-rom instead of run iso, and the sound tracks will work

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/products/dtLite Use the Download free option, the paid option is for business use, but you are only using it for home use that is fine for the free version
    I would just like to point out with Dtools lite to read the installation carefully so as not to install a bunch of useless crap along with it like browser toolbars and such.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mr. Mistoffelees View Post
    I would just like to point out with Dtools lite to read the installation carefully so as not to install a bunch of useless crap along with it like browser toolbars and such.
    Totally aggree, I do believe there is an ask toolbar (just untick it when it gets to it)

I do this automaticly now myself so tend not to think about it too much, so thanks for the reminder
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-September-2012 at 00:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just tried it, the same result AGAIN . On ePSXe 1.6.0 only plays sound effects in-game, while 1.7.0 it plays the music in-game as well as the sound effects. The virtual CD drive was a "BD-ROM", and I mounted the .ccd file onto it. The Cdrom plugin for 1.6.0, was ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2, and on ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0. I don't know what the problem is, since I loaded the .ccd file, I don't know if it's because the sound plugin and Cdrom plugin for ePSXe 1.7.0, was 1.7.0 instead of 1.5.2.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

look at the sound plugin and enable sound options there and the cd-plugin aswell

EDIT:- You just need to make sure the sound plugin has CDDA Sound enabled

CDDA are CD sound tracks

Works fine on my end (I done a quick test with 1.6.0 for ya) hope it does for you

I actually don't emulate this system much as I prefure just to use my PSone or emulate via my xbox
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-September-2012 at 18:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

On my sound plugin, which is ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2, I have enable sound, Enable CDDA Sound, and enable XA sound on. I don't know how to configure the Cdrom plguin, since it's the default one, (ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2), and it has no options about sound. It still plays no music in-game even with the CDDA Sound enabled. I have tried other sound plugins, they still failed.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sound plugins there is only Pete's sound plugin or Eternal SPU plugin anyway that are worth using

From what you have tried though it does sound like it is an issue on your computer rather than the emulator setup, but if you have not already tried the above plugins do give them a try

P.S. what is wrong with ePSXe 1.7.0? disc swopping/swapping works if you are using D-Tools with it if that was an issue, infact mounting in D-Tools actually fixes a few other issues that I will not go into, mostly because I forget the exact details but has helped users in the past even before ePSXe 1.7.0 was on the scene
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2012 at 20:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I have tried Pete's sound plugin and the Eternal SPU plugin on both ePSXe 1.6.0 and ePSXe 1.7.0, and the sound doesn't work in-game for both. The only sound plugin that works is ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0. and that's only on ePSXe 1.7.0. You can tell the music works because after the red animation of vision media, it plays the inspector gadget theme for the game, but on all the other sound plugins, on ePSXe 1.7.0 and ePSXe 1.6.0 it doesn't play it. All sound plugins play the menu music, but only ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 sound plugin plays music in-game with the sound effects.

ePSXe 1.7.0 is fine, but the netplay on it is mucked up, we don't both see the same screen, example: P1 could be moving something on his screen, while for P2 on his screen, he could just be at the main menu. The netplay on ePSXe 1.6.0 works fine, we both see the same screen but the music doesn't play while in-game, but the sound effects do.

The netplay on both emulators is Cyberpad 1.4.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would try a fesh copy of ePSXe 1.6.0 in a new folder and try again

I realy couldn't tell you why CDDA would not work in 1.6.0 with a CD mounted and ePSXe 1.6.0. using Run CD-Rom as that should just work

P.S. are you saying that running ePSXe 1.7.0 the same way you also do not get CDDA sound, if so that is even odder that neither version will work with CDDA from a mounted CD

Another thing I would try is a basic CD music player for windows and make sure the mounted CD has the CDDA tracks available to play

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]