Thread: PSXhaven method of hosting games and isos

Thanks

Default PSXhaven method of hosting games and isos

Most of isos and games available in PSXhaven are hosted in gmail accounts,and users desiring to download the files employs a client which authenticates to these accounts(through a password given in the game posts) and then download the several splitted files from that game.Then, an application(quickpar, multipar, whatever) acts like a checksum verifier and file joiner(like hjsplit/winrar),reconstructing the compacted file which contains the ISO/game.IIRC, the parts names are "masked" by another application, which gives them fake names or makes it more difficult to be detected and then deleted by copyright/removal requests.I'm sure you already know all that, but it's worth to mention it.

My question is?Is it viable for EP to host content this way, or do they usually get down by DMCA/google much quicker than other hosting methods?Maybe I'm too naive to think it's as easy as I think, but I wonder if there is any possibility of this being
    Last edited by dougfunny64; 26th-September-2012 at 00:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

It would be very difficult to host content this way but this has given me an idea. Let me see if it can be implemented easily

Thanks

Not bad!Every hosting site will delete the illegal files sooner or later, but I wonder if gmail will take more or less time than file hosting sites to detect and wipe them out.
    To be honest, I don't have the slightest idea of how to accomplish that.I'm really curious about how psxhaven manages to host large files in gmail.
    Last edited by dougfunny64; 28th-September-2012 at 21:58.