Thread: [Cheat] Codebreaker Elf files v 9.2, 9.3 & 10 and Patches [NTSC-U] [EP Hosted]

Zorlon is offline Administrator Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 821 Posts

Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default [Cheat] Codebreaker Elf files v 9.2, 9.3 & 10 and Patches [NTSC-U] [EP Hosted]

These are the patchable Codebreaker Elf files

[NOTE] These are just attachments, do not code these links.

CODEBREAKER ELF FILES

Codebreaker 9.2 [MD5] f279f8412cafe80f326bb945d7dc480f
    Codebreaker 9.2 Unpacked [MD5] 7ccd8c03952838dc3a4ae9367b0c78a2
    Codebreaker 9.3 [MD5] 1c57469f0d7b923d8e8b72ebccedda3f
    Codebreaker 10 [MD5] 6e4d4c2723d0f83120cd06d2d0a6c8ed

I included an unpacked version of 9.2 as that one can get a lil confusing when patching it, basicly I have taken that one half way through the patching process

MD5 info is there for anyone using an external guide for patching, those of you will know what the info is there for

PATCHES

Codebreaker 9.3 Patch
    Codebreaker 10 Patch

Because it's up to you what you want this to boot after loading, patches are provided instead of pre-patched files

PRE PATCHED

Codebreaker 9.2 Pre Patched re-packed

Because the 9.2 patcher gives you no options anyway I just posted the pre patched version for you lot.

Feature list in spoiler, including paths used
    Spoiler warning:

* All of the original cracked ELF features (no Anti-mod chip, disable CD/DVD check). ~ PS2TG
    * HDL patch. Can load any ELF from the usual paths. ~ ffgriever
    * RSA patched to allow loading of unsigned .cbc files, no upgrade.bin required. ~ Credits to misfire for the RSA work, patched by bfoos
    * Domain changed to www.thegshi.com for retrieval of Day1 and game save files. ~ Patched by bfoos, Day1 server script by misfire, Day1 server setup by LiquidManZero of GSHI
    * IRC server and channel lineup changed. ~ Patched by bfoos, DNS redirect provided by LiquidManZero and GSHI, permission granted by Jupi

The ELF will load any ELF file in the following paths, instead of launching CD/DVD...

hdd0:/__boot/CB_launch.elf
    mass:/BOOT/CB_launch.elf
    mc0:/BOOT/CB_launch.elf
    hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf
    mass:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc0:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF
    mc1:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    mc1:/B?DATA-SYSTEM/BOOT.ELF
    "?" means region code.

HINT: You can rename the elf file you want the above to start up to BOOT.ELF or CB_launch.elf
    I will keep the unpatched versions of 9.2 up though for those that wish to patch them yourself

Codebreaker 9.2 supports official day1 cheat files via USB aswell as home made day 1 cheat files (home made cbc files only supported after patching the elf)
    Codebreaker 9.3 supports official day1 cheat files via USB aswell as home made day 1 cheat files
    Codebreaker 10 supports official day 1 cheat files only

cbcMaker PS2 XP 2007

The above will let you make your own day 1 cbc code files, this does not work with version 10 of the Codebreaker and for version 9.3 you are required to have the update.bin also on the root of the USB storage device

If you want to update your codes in the later versions and do not want to do it on the PS2 with a control pad you can do this on your PC using this guide

I actually have these uploaded for guides I'm doing

One guide is already up and active for backing up PSone and PS2 saves from your PS2 to PC it is only part done I have more to add to it, as for now all you can do is make a secure backup I havn't gone into exporting from the backup for editing saves or emulation as of yet

PS2 managing memory card save data and backup to PC the safe way

Other guides will include Codebreaker booting ESR though I have basicly told you here how to do that it will most like end up in my PS2 Softmod ultimate guide and compatibility that I recently re-wrote and will include as much as possible for that soft mod
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-September-2012 at 17:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks so much man i've been looking for this elf file for quite a while keep up the good work

Thanks

Codebreaker 9.3 is freezing whenever I press Start after making a change to any code or game, or after trying to add a code or game. I used to be able to make new codes, but now I can't. How do I fix this?

When it was working, I backed up a PS2 save file to my flashdrive that included codes I added to Codebreaker. But now that I've copied the CB save back over to my memory card, the added codes don't show up in CB. Assuming I didn't accidentally backup the save to my flashdrive before inputting the codes, is there any reason this would happen?
    Last edited by Mjolnir_Mark_IV; 25th-April-2013 at 08:59.

Zorlon is offline Administrator Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 821 Posts

Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is not a help thread.

But it does sound like you have a corrupted your CB save.

The best way to add codes is to use day 1 cbc files with version 9.2 using cbcMaker PS2 XP 2007, it's quick and easy to do, a lot faster than manually adding codes via the PS2, there is also a method of directly editing the codebreaker code database as well on a PC but that can be a little complicated.

It is also possible that codebreaker had not completed it's save of the codes and had only part saved so corrupted itself

If you want more help then post a new thread in Everything Console and give details on how you backup and restore your saves as well as how you added the codes.

For now I would say just start again and learn from your mistake or you can try a manual edit via your PC and see if there is any reason why it may of corrupted and fix it.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2013 at 09:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread and thanks for the help. I've posted a new thread over here. Let me know if I should delete my posts in this thread. I'll gladly do it if that would clean things up here.

Thanks

Hi thanks for this, gonna give it a go