Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very slow direct link downloads?

Thanks

Yes,it seems the addition of PS2 isos really lifted the traffic and consequently reduced the speeds.If EP went donation-only,I mean, a fixed and relatively small fee(let's say $10) every month, I think it would be fair, because, it's simply the largest ROMS,ISOS and games source in internet, and most of the the files can be directly downloaded.

It's funny how a site which has a extremely large amount of traffic and thus very limited bandwidth, barely asks visitors for donations, and even gives them the chance to disable ads.This is just top class attitude.And a lot of sites which have very limited content to offer for its visitors asks for high amount of donations.It's like the things are reversed!

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree. I don't mind waiting overnight for something I really want. I was just hoping it wasn't my damn comp going slow.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

Talking

Me too.Visitors are like buzzards searching for fresh direct link PS2 isos LOL!(including me!)

Thanks
    EP Points

Oddly enough, when I got home from work, my download of a mame fullset had been interrupted. I tried to resume but to no avail. Never had a problem resuming before. Weird.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    Oddly enough, when I got home from work, my download of a mame fullset had been interrupted. I tried to resume but to no avail. Never had a problem resuming before. Weird.
    Is it working okay now ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Those of you getting slow speeds, have you tried to multiplex/segment your downloads ? We allow 2 connections per server so that you can effectively double your speeds by trying that.

Thanks
    EP Points

It seems as though it's just an immense amount of traffic like you said. I have no problems now in the real early morning hours, but during the day it crawls. Thanks!

Thanks

have to say i was wondering about this. i was just trying to DL mario sunshine, and it was saying it was gonna take over 12 hours... and it the time was still rising. also barely getting even 10KBPs, which i've never had happen before over... however many years i've been coming here. guess i'll just wait til things slow down again or something. or try again in the wee hours, because 750 MBs would normally take like 15 minutes or something. no real hurry on it, just figured i'd toss out there that other people are having issues as well.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    EP Points

Made some changes to make things a bit better. Where are you located Trimaj ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

nashville, in tennessee/US.

i'll give it another try.

oh, i did try the FTP change. it was still going about the same speed for me. about twice as fast at first, but then headed back down to the 10KBPs.

EDIT

it's now much better. staying fairly steady at 3ish hours. however, i can't get the FTP version to work now. just figured i'd try both of them (not at the same time), and only the HTTP worked. never had any problems with the FTP before, but it said it couldn't find the server.
    Last edited by Trimaj; 29th-September-2012 at 23:39. Reason: more info

Thanks
    EP Points

I took the ftps down since I found that some websites out there had posted our ftp links all over the internet and people were leeching from the servers like crazy! Since emuparadise only uses http links right now I figured it might be better to just limit our service to that for the time being

I'm looking into some options to improve speed, if possible could you please tell me what kind of speed you can get downloading this file ? http://mirror.skdedicated.com/100mb.bin

Thanks!

Thanks

ah ha's... that would indeed do it. bad leechers.

also, with that file i am getting varying speeds around 30KBPs. sometimes above, sometimes below. i have a sneaking suspicion that my internet is just REALLY kinda slow right now. i'll try it again later, when hopefully things have sped up a bit and can give a different reading on it. hopefully a better one.

EDIT

it jumped up to 50KBPs so i'm not that sure what a set speed would be. i'll update as things change/until i get it done.

EDIT 2

after it warmed up, it's been steady at 45 to 50 KBPs. hasn't varied from that for about ten minutes now.
    Last edited by Trimaj; 29th-September-2012 at 23:59. Reason: additional info x2

Thanks
    EP Points

Just to know, what is your internet connection's max speed ?

Thanks

according to speedtest.net, right now i could be hitting a max of 7.60 MBPs download, and 1.60 MBPs upload.

EDIT

realized that wasn't what you were asking. i THINK 10MBPs, but i figured actual speed might be more useful.
    Last edited by Trimaj; 30th-September-2012 at 00:27.

Thanks

I'm currently experiencing this on every game I've downloaded since yesterday (Saturday). I'm getting speeds jumping between 20kbps to 150kbps... I guess its a weekend thing like the others have said.