Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very slow direct link downloads?

Thanks

Default Very slow direct link downloads?

Is anyone facing really slow speeds while direct downloading ISOS/ROMS from EP,or are there any issues with bandwdith? During all this weekend, I can't get past 150 KB/s,and sometimes I get as low as 70 or 80 KB/s (I'm usually able to download files in EP at 1.0+ MB/s), even though I have a 10MB DSL connection(.The same happens with download managers(orbit,jdownloader).Download speeds in other sites are fine,and speedtest.net reports maximum download/upload rates for my connection.Are you also encountering slow speeds?

EDIT:I'm accessing EP fom Brazil,maybe it's a regional issue?

Thanks
    EP Points

It's hit and miss for me at times. Sometimes I get 20 KB/s tops. Other times 1 MB +. I think it just depends on the amount of traffic

Thanks
    EP Points

It's usually a weekend thing. We get hit with tons of traffic on weekends and this causes slowdowns for a lot of folks. Another thing is that we just added 2000+ PS2 PAL ISOs so our servers are getting hit quite hard. Things should stabilize over the next few days though..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Bean View Post
    It's hit and miss for me at times. Sometimes I get 20 KB/s tops. Other times 1 MB +. I think it just depends on the amount of traffic
    ^This is why I always go for the putlocker links through the multiupload links on most downloads; generally much faster and stable speeds.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    It's usually a weekend thing. We get hit with tons of traffic on weekends and this causes slowdowns for a lot of folks. Another thing is that we just added 2000+ PS2 PAL ISOs so our servers are getting hit quite hard. Things should stabilize over the next few days though..
    Does it support resuming?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Bean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhahahahaha View Post
    All our servers support resuming

Thanks

I'm having a lot of trouble downloading from Direct Links over FTP. I'm trying to get Resident Evil 4 (US for PS2) since Friday and when I get to download it (HTTP 503 Unavailable) my average speed don't get over 40KB/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhahahahaha View Post
    Yes, they do.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 24th-September-2012 at 21:37. Reason: please, don't double post, use the EDIT button.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aurelio23 View Post
    I'm having a lot of trouble downloading from Direct Links over FTP. I'm trying to get Resident Evil 4 (US for PS2) since Friday and when I get to download it (HTTP 503 Unavailable) my average speed don't get over 40KB/s.

Yes, they do.
    Where are you located ? I just ran two tests (one from the US and another from Europe) and though I only downloaded the first 100 Megs of the file, I got an average of 350kb/s from the US and 1Mb/s from Europe.

The 503 unavailable message only shows up if you simultaneously try to download more than one file from the same server. For a spin, try changing the http part of the link to ftp (currently all files are being served over http since many users were facing issues with ftp - but ftp tends to be faster and more reliable for large files..).

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Anybody else having extremely slow speeds lately?

Up until about a month ago, I could snag about a gig from here in probably under 15 minutes to a half hour. I haven't really tried to dl for a while until this past week and my speeds have been really, really slow. I can't complain, I'm still able to get something I want overnite, but I was just curious if it is just me because if so I will have to figure out the problem on my end. Anybody else?
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

I read that already but thank you. I was just curious if it is only me because it has been consistent for the last week or 2 at all different hours of the day and night.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    I read that already but thank you. I was just curious if it is only me because it has been consistent for the last week or 2 at all different hours of the day and night.
    If you read that thread then why didn't you just post in there instead of creating a new thread in FFA?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Because I didn't notice the date on it. Also I was curious if the "Happy Hour's" were still going on or if that was a thing of the disant past. Found it on a back page but it didn't have any date on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    Because I didn't notice the date on it. Also I was curious if the "Happy Hour's" were still going on or if that was a thing of the disant past. Found it on a back page but it didn't have any date on it.
    Fair enough.

I was just suspicious about a FFA thread on this topic...like it could become a place where people could complain endlessly about slow speeds.
    Don't mind me, it's just a pet dislike I have (people complaining about slow speeds, and even filehosts...but that's a bit offtopic)

If you read the other thread MasJ says a heap of PS2 games were added, so I guess that means the server's probably being raped atm

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I know I apologize. I didn't know there was an actual area to post such questions in. I just happened to come across the thread in google and didn't see it was current. Usually the threads I find on google are really dated. On a better note, I started a dl here at 6 a.m. and it is burning it up now. Thanks!