Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix Merger??? (You've been poisoned)

Thanks

Well, as a fairly devout fan since FF2(states) until they come out with something resembling the original format, I think I'll steer clear for a while.

also, if we bring up FF7 we have to remember that it would be impossible for them to create a remake because they stated that they have to create a Final Fantasy game that succeeds FF7 in Sales and Profit.
    Lets put it this way. Look at the miserable failure that was "Spirits Within". They were willing to take a chance sinking in a ton of money into that (all be it beutiful) mess. Theres no way a remake of FF7 would cause them that much harm. Not with as many people who are waiting eagerly for it.
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post

Lets put it this way. Look at the miserable failure that was "Spirits Within". They were willing to take a chance sinking in a ton of money into that (all be it beutiful) mess. Theres no way a remake of FF7 would cause them that much harm. Not with as many people who are waiting eagerly for it.
    I kinda see it that way too, but SquareEnix wants to make a final fantasy game that EXCEEDS the original FF7, not the other crap that was involved with FF7

or so i understand. But we also have to know that if they just make a crappy FF7 remake then fans are going to get quite angry

itll take a lot of resources to make FF7 a significant remake on the ps3, so im guessing that making a FF game superior to FF7 is only like a test of some sort to see if they have what it takes to make something of that quality.

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
    I kinda see it that way too, but SquareEnix wants to make a final fantasy game that EXCEEDS the original FF7, not the other crap that was involved with FF7
    ... But we also have to know that if they just make a crappy FF7 remake then fans are going to get quite angry

itll take a lot of resources to make FF7 a significant remake on the ps3, so im guessing that making a FF game superior to FF7 is only like a test of some sort to see if they have what it takes to make something of that quality.
    You're right, but all I'd really like to see is the same game with improved graphics. I'm not looking for a complete 3d remake with animated environments (other than the overworld maps), but rather just sharper graphics/models would be nice especially for the characters and enemies. Sort of like what Capcom did with the HD version of Street Fighter. I don't see this costing a ton of money, or causing old fans like myself to shy away, all the while possibly attracting the newer gamers with prettier graphics.
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think if they did a remake of FF7 it should just have better graphics, if newer players dont understand the concept of not playing with beads after battles when grinding and hate the "too simple to like" leveling up system in it, then they can go to hell. Its an amazing game, all they have to do is fix some translation problems and make it look better, thats it. Its an amazing game, and if people are too narrow minded to see it as a classic then screw them. Thats like saying "Duhrrrrr, Super Mario Bros. 3 isnt like Super Mario 64, so duhrrrrrrr, how can it be any good?"

Thanks

I personally believe that people have a seriously high expectancy on graphics. So if FF7 should just have increased graphics, its going to be on a extremely high standard

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    I think if they did a remake of FF7 it should just have better graphics, if newer players dont understand the concept of not playing with beads after battles when grinding and hate the "too simple to like" leveling up system in it, then they can go to hell. Its an amazing game, all they have to do is fix some translation problems and make it look better, thats it. Its an amazing game, and if people are too narrow minded to see it as a classic then screw them. Thats like saying "Duhrrrrr, Super Mario Bros. 3 isnt like Super Mario 64, so duhrrrrrrr, how can it be any good?"
    I think I just lost points in my Intelligence stat.

A cosmetic change up is not worth it. The right way for a remake is to add new content, expand on scenes and ideas present that weren't explored as well as they could have been, that sort of thing. Wouldn't hurt to add small changes to the gameplay, like new items and spells, maybe work in story details from sequels and prequels and make sidequests exploring them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I dont know what you could really add to it though to make it better. Maybe a place where you could get 4000 exp each fight?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~Blood Mage~ View Post
    ... The right way for a remake is to add new content, expand on scenes and ideas present that weren't explored as well as they could have been, that sort of thing. Wouldn't hurt to add small changes to the gameplay, like new items and spells, maybe work in story details from sequels and prequels and make sidequests exploring them.
    I could get behind all those suggestions...as long as they left the materia system in tact. I would love to see a side quest that involved Cloud and Zacks escape from Shinra Mansion...

Thanks

And as always, it goes back to FF7. As far as the actual merger, meh. Although I wasn't a fan of the Final Fantasy series to begin with, I was disappointed in the Star Ocean series after the merger. The PS2 was much better than the PS1 and therefore, could have handled all the data crunching Second Story could handle, plus more. Instead, they simplified the item creation system, the skill system and focused on having an OCD system that ran all the time in the background to make your e-peni feel great when you tried to do exactly 5,555 damage to a target.

Overall I saw a lot of pretty crap come from the merger. Now that doesn't mean they didn't create a few gems, it just means from my perspective, the amount of mediocre games versus unanimous classics are few and far between. I honestly can't tell you of a Square-Enix game worth mentioning as a great experience. I can tell you a lot of them worth wasting some time with if you're bored though.
    Don't ya hate it when people neg rep you, but don't have the gall to tell you themselves?

http://momsbasementpodcast.blogspot.com/ <----Me podcast about Tabletop RPGs

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Maybe its just that creative juices ran out? They do so many games, and all their classics are a decade old at the youngest. All Im hoping for FF 15 is that they get rid of the beads for powering up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    I dont know what you could really add to it though to make it better. Maybe a place where you could get 4000 exp each fight?

If you read Blood's post, he said stuff like "expand on scenes" and "add new spells"

you must remember that final fantasy is never "perfect" in the sense that it is fact and not opinion. and stating something is perfect as a fact is never true. its always opinion

i could think of a lot of things that FF7 can need for a greater remake, and so can much more people. In fact, Just updating graphics may naturally require more content so that the game isn't always in a fixed camera view all the time, and that we can see in all directions, and not just a simple top-view

i doubt this would work for an old styled FF game, but w/e

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks

you must remember that final fantasy is never "perfect" in the sense that it is fact and not opinion. and stating something is perfect as a fact is never true. its always opinion
    i doubt this would work for an old styled FF game, but w/e
    Umm, yeah OK, what you said... I use w/ to abreviate the word "with" but if you could please explain what w/e means it would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    Umm, yeah OK, what you said... I use w/ to abreviate the word "with" but if you could please explain what w/e means it would be much appreciated...

w/e - whatever

ive seen people use it a lot, i just got lazy in that last post

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

Before the merger, each were publishing their own games, and they found it was a wise decision to merge their publishing assets since none of them were big enough to efficiently use the publishing assets they owned. (When you're a publisher, you would want to publish as many games as you can, because you have disc writing, printing, and distributing business which would be useless if you've got nothing to publish). The games were not affected, the development studios were still separated.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

w/e - whatever

ive seen people use it a lot, i just got lazy in that last post
    OK,thank you for that.

On a more related note, the main char for FFAT2 comes off like quite an annoying prick as well. And I think this is the first time I experienced it, but FFAT2 is the first game to make me feel guilty about completely slaughtering the enemy. I got my ass handed to me quite early on in the game, but now (still not very far in the game) I feel almost guilty of the onslaught that I've dlivered. For instance, there was one mission that had me attacking some seemingly harmless group of Varia (or whatever the hell they're called) witches. I couldn't even take pride in the ass whoopin I delivered. Very unbalanced IMO...
    Last edited by retrofiber; 2nd-October-2012 at 01:34.