Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help! need best configuration for pcsx2 0.9.8 on laptop

Thanks
    EP Points

From just reading his laptop spec's most game's are not going to work well not hard core one's Like Final Fantasy X extra. Even my high end pc find's some game's a problem and that's got 16 gig ram with 6 core cpu

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkChI View Post
    From just reading his laptop spec's most game's are not going to work well not hard core one's Like Final Fantasy X extra. Even my high end pc find's some game's a problem and that's got 16 gig ram with 6 core cpu
    Final Fantasy X is by no means a "hardcore" game, I can run it on my laptop which has an intel i3 (2.53Ghz) and an ATI Radeon 5470 full speed 99% of the time without messing with any speedhacks besides the recommended ones.
    BTW, the RAM size is not that important since PCSX2 is a 32-bit application and can only use 3GB max, so having 16 GB RAM won't give you any benefits unless you run it while having many, many programs running in the background.

Thanks
    EP Points

well one of the ff games kinda lags on my pc unsure what one but i tend to download stuff all the time maybe thats why

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

None of this helps the OP unfortionatly

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

have you tried the 1.0 version? It's been reported to be more stable an compatible an a bunch of other good stuff

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried reading the thread you are posting in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    First of all, the latest stable (non-beta) version of PCSX2 is 1.0.0.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

uhm...sorry to say this darkchii but FFX is the first game i played and finished(complete with CW for tidus,auron,and rikku i didnt bother collecting the other CW cause i grew tired of dodging lightning bolts and playing blitzball hehehe) using the PCSX2 0.9.8...i have some minor lags in certain areas like the calm lands but its still playable and it doesnt affect the gameplay but thanks for taking your time in helping me darkchii ...oh and can anyone suggest a hack and slash game that doesnt require much graphic power from the computer? uhm i tried using the thread soldierseed posted but i ended up checking each and every game and found nothing im interested in except for ar tonelico...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Honestly try Dreamcast or GameCube also there is plenty to enjoy there

Games like
    Dead or Alive 2 (Originally on the Dreamcast but also on PS2, not sure if the Gamecube got any of those...)
    Record of Lodoss War (Only on Dreamcast- Great Diablo type Hack and Slash RPG)
    Sword of the Bezerk (DC only but a great hack n slash, maybe a lil hard though)
    Soul Calibur Originally a Dreamcast game, the 2nd one is on GameCube and Ps2 (also xbox but you can't emulate that)
    Skies of Arcadia originally Dreamcast also on GameCube (do not know if PS2 got that one of not, but it is a great RPG, you might want GameCube over Dreamcast this time)

... for a full list of Dreamcast games look here

GameCube though basicly all the multi system releases got released for Xbox, PS2 and GameCube, though only PS2 and GameCube is emulatable (GameCube emulation includes Wii software and alot of action hack n slashy type games use normal controllers as optional to Wii-Mote controls)

Street Fighter games maybe, they shouldn't take too much to emulate but they will run beter from an arcade emulator anyway

Hack n Slash RPG... Phantasy Star Online Dreamcast and GameCube (PSO3 is different, it's card based)/Phantasy Star Universe for PS2

Shenmue 1 & 2 for the Dreamcast is very very very good action RPG, a bit of a strang game to start with for newcommers though, Shenmue 2 was also on Xbox and has some of the best graphics around for the Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube & Xbox systems [DDC+XBOX only though], it wasn't just about the graphics though (I know Dreamcast sorta died off before it's time but this was not due to poor games or poor hardware, just bad choices by Sega at the time)

If you elaberate more of what you want to play I'm sure I could and other could help you pick up on some great games

Basicly though if the game was released on more than one platform, it might be worth looking into emulating the other platforms instead of the PS2, like Arcade-GameCube-Wii-Dreamcast (maybe less of the Wii versions, depends PS2 games that had Wii releases play (most the PS2 ports do use normal controllers) and look no different, it's more the 360/PS3 games that got a downgrade for Wii)

Resident Evil 4 (not saying you would be interested in it) has the best port on the GameCube/Wii the PS2 version lacked the graphics as did the PC version (I havn't played or looked at the newer 360/PS3 release of the same game though)

If there are realy no games of interest on GameCube and Dreamcast then thats just fine, but it is worth looking at as these are less demanding emulators in general
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-September-2012 at 16:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

hmm...i like games like kingdom of hearts and shining force EXA...basically i like games that are hack and slash, have a slightly good graphics and amazing storyline...uhm...is ar tonelico a good game? i cant find a video of its gameplay in youtube...oh and can you recommend some games that is to my liking(as mentioned above)...thank you for always helping me...hehe!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by koole00 View Post
    .oh and can you recommend some games that is to my liking(as mentioned above)...
    We have a thread devoted entirely to this purpose http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...e!-quot-thread
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)

Thanks

Now, I've heard that running games on any kind of Intel Mobile graphics card is a joke. However, I'd like to know if any PS2 titles can be made to work on such a card.

Thanks
    EP Points

It would be best if you start your own thread, especially if my quick answer is not enough.

If it is an Intel HD card and you have a decent processor (let's say 2.3ish GHz+), then many games can be ran at playable speed (40 FPS+). Or if you have a slightly better processor (let's say 2.6 GHz+), then you might be able to get away with a worse GPU. However, this can greatly depend on what version of SSE your processor is capable of.

Also, most 2D games can be played with very low specs. And there are some games, like Final Fantasy X, that are apparently so optimized that they can also be run with low specs.

The best thing is to try it yourself, and if you don't get your desired results, come back to us with more information so we can help .

EDIT:
    Wow, just looked through this thread again, and basically everything I said was already mentioned .
    Last edited by Alakazander; 17th-October-2012 at 04:52.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)