Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help! need best configuration for pcsx2 0.9.8 on laptop

Thanks

Default help! need best configuration for pcsx2 0.9.8 on laptop

dudes!! help me configure my pcsx2 0.9.8 on the laptop which will give a 50-55fps...

here are my laptop's specs:

System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.111118-2330)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1910MB RAM
    Page File: 2968MB used, 851MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Diag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------------------------------------------------------
    and im currently TRYING REALLY HARD to play .hack GU rebirth
    Last edited by koole00; 19th-September-2012 at 01:23. Reason: sorry bout the color...this is my first time posting here...^_^

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow red is so unreadable on the default skin

Not even goign to try and read that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all, the latest stable (non-beta) version of PCSX2 is 1.0.0.

Download that, then go to Config --> Emulation Settings --> Speedhacks, and tick "MTVU", and get back to us with your results.

Also, constant 50+ FPS with your current setup is pretty much wishful thinking, I'm sorry to say.
    Recommended processors:

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 3.2Ghz or faster
    Intel Core i5 / i7 @ 2.66Ghz or faster
    AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 3.4Ghz or faster
    And you didn't give any information on your graphics card, but I think it's safe to assume it is a standard integrated laptop card?
    Recommended VGA cards:

Nvidia Geforce 9600GT / 8800GT or better
    ATI Radeon 4750 or better
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Thanks

here is my current video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

oh and i tried doing what you told me...i ticked the MTVU on the speedhack tab in the emulation setting but unfortunately whenever i go to a dungeon the FPS drops to 26-31...its still playable but i cant enjoy the game cause of the slow movements....thanks for the info though...
    Last edited by koole00; 19th-September-2012 at 01:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... I just read up on your processor, and it seems to have 4 logical threads, but only 2 actual cores, so try testing with the MTVU hack both off and on before continuing.

Under Speedhacks, try setting the EE Cyclerate to 2 and the VU Cycle Stealing to 1.
    If there is only a slight speedup or no change at all, set EE to 3 and VU to 2 (anything past that will probably just report false FPS).
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks

dude i did what you told me to do about the speedhacks it sped up a bit but its still slow when it comes to bigger backgrounds and battles...when im in the dungeon the speed drops but only to 39-43fps....but when i walk to a certain area where its really big or when i initiate a battle it dramatically drops to 21-22fps...and it stays that way until i finish off some of the monsters...

Thanks
    EP Points

i get 45 frps using my 6 core cpu in sli mode with my dads grafcards not tried my ones but in saying u need good specs to run the the psx2 emulator even close the 50 i can get it to 55 in gaming mode

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nice fix on the text Alakazander seems to be doing a good job helping you out anyway.

50fps would be great for PAL games by the way they only run at 50FPS, this does not equal slow down for PAL games (with the exception of the few that have PAL 60 settings) because they only have 50 frames per seconds but NTSC games have 60 frames per second.

It would also depend on the game itself as to the outputted FPS as some games need more power than others, so you may get 50 to 55 FPS in one game but another you may only get 10 FPS

You can buy a PS2 and softmod it, this is cheap enough to nowerdays, that will let you boot up DVD games directly without using any sort of swop/swap trickery (just giving you an extra option to emulation)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-September-2012 at 12:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

zorlon...is .Hack G.U. rebirth considered as one of the games that needs more power? uhm...i know what you mean...when i play shining force EXA its playable and have some minor lags but doesnt affect the gameplay....but when i try to play shadow of colossus the game starts slowing down just from the main menu...do i have to change some settings in the pcsx2? how about in the plugin settings? what do i need to change in there to maximize or at least normalize the speed? oh and by the way im using the latest version of pcx2(1.0.0)...any suggestion,comments or violent reactions(lol) will be glady accepted and thanked!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

.hack GU is semi-demanding as far as i know. I played it on a laptop with a slightly better CPU and a discrete ATI GPU and experienced only minor lags in some areas. Shadow of the collosus on the other hand is one of the most demanding games to play on the emulator and you need at least ~3.2 Ghz on a intel i5/i7 and a powerful graphics card to play it at a reasonable speed.

Considering your specs, your CPU and GPU are fairly weak, so you will experience slow-downs on some games no matter what settings you use. Especially your integrated GPU is utter crap. I can give you some general tips, however:

1. As already mentioned, try the MTVU hack and EE Cycle rate to 2 and VU cycle stealing to 1.
    2. Go to the GSDX plugin settings and tick native resolution
    3. You can experiment with "Allow 8-bit textures" option.
    4. Set the VU and EE clamping modes to "none".
    5. Enable all recommended speedhacks.

If it's still too slow for you, then there is nothing you can do besides upgrading your machine, sadly

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    If it's still too slow for you, then there is nothing you can do besides upgrading your machine, sadly
    Or just grab a PS2 and softmod it, it's 90%+ cheaper than getting a new rig and runs the games perfect (though not every game thrown at it will work there are a few CD games that can't be booted... converted to DVD)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

soldier ive done those already but still no change...*sigh* looks like ill have to face facts and find another game...zorlon i cant buy a ps2 cause i dont have any money and i cant borrow one cause i dont have any friends who's willing lend their ps2 to me...sad isnt? T.T oh and by the way i know this is off topic but can any suggest a game that works on my specs? hehehe!! thanks a lot for the help zorlon,soldierseed and alakazander....

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

could just go with PSX emulation instead there are tons of great Role Playing Games on those and for 3D games atleast you should be able to make them look very nice on your lil rig, as nice looking as PS2 games

Dreamcast emulation via NullDC, alot of the PS2 games are just ports of Dreamcast games
    GameCube/Wii emulation via Dolphin to a certain extent, again alot are also on PS2

Both the above should be a lil less demending and more playable

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by koole00 View Post
    soldier ive done those already but still no change...*sigh* looks like ill have to face facts and find another game...zorlon i cant buy a ps2 cause i dont have any money and i cant borrow one cause i dont have any friends who's willing lend their ps2 to me...sad isnt? T.T oh and by the way i know this is off topic but can any suggest a game that works on my specs? hehehe!! thanks a lot for the help zorlon,soldierseed and alakazander....
    You could try Final Fantasy X. It is one of the least demanding and most compatible games on PCSX2 and your specs should be enough to run it at full speed 90% of the time.

Besides, there are some good 2D games that are worth testing IMO, like:
    Ar Tonelico 1&2
    Disgaea
    Mana Khemia

Here is the link to a list of games that don't require a high-end CPU to emulate: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-...CPU-to-emulate

Thanks

whoa dude!! i didnt expect a thread where games that dont require high-end computers to exist! haha!! took me at least 2hours finding a discussion or thread like that....thnx a lot dude! gonna try ar tonelico...it seems great just from the gameplay...oh and zorlon dude thanks for the suggestion about using psx but im gonna have to stick with ps2 games...well cause uhm...just cause...sorry i cant think of a reason...but really thanks for your time in dealing with my situation...