Thread: About to attempt original Xbox soft mod

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I said not to unzip them. I quote the guide which said to put the zip files on the card.
    You should be good now.
    I can't remember if I unzipped the files it's that long since I softmodded my Xbox. Sorry if I've remembered wrong.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I can't remember if I unzipped the files it's that long since I softmodded my Xbox. Sorry if I've remembered wrong.
    Its fine. He has the guide after all, which should have priority over anything we tell him.

Thanks
    EP Points

This is why I just used the old softmod
    Too much trouble to change the files on the MC with today's computers.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Jack- Yeah I'm not worried about it dude. Crap happens. Brains fart.

Alright. Loaded the game save, backed up the EEPROM, made a MS Backup, installed UnleashX and went back into the installer after the soft mod was complete to back up the modded C Drive.

Loaded in a copy of Soul Calibur 2 I had burned to a DVD-R earlier since I don't think I have a cross-over cable atm. And all works well!

That was way easier than I had anticipated. Thanks for all your help again guys.

One last question though. Where does it store all the backed up data? And can I retrieve it to make another copy to have on a thumb drive?

@Sprung- Yeah that was the hardest part

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    @Jack- Yeah I'm not worried about it dude. Crap happens. Brains fart.

Alright. Loaded the game save, backed up the EEPROM, made a MS Backup, installed UnleashX and went back into the installer after the soft mod was complete to back up the modded C Drive.

Loaded in a copy of Soul Calibur 2 I had burned to a DVD-R earlier since I don't think I have a cross-over cable atm. And all works well!

That was way easier than I had anticipated. Thanks for all your help again guys.

One last question though. Where does it store all the backed up data? And can I retrieve it to make another copy to have on a thumb drive?

@Sprung- Yeah that was the hardest part
    The backup is probably in one of the untouchable partitions. idk what they are off hand.
    As for the cross-over cable, a straight through cable can be used if you connect the xbox directly to your router and set the DNS/IP to auto or dynamic.