Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the f*** is this Vita/PSP/Android thing? I love China if it is the good stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    Check this out. I'm sure it can sate your thirst for button mashing Android goodness. And I think it looks pretty badass to boot.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ablet-gamepad/
    You might have won the prize.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovarium View Post
    hell i might get one!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A major improvement over the initially proposed device. Check out them specs; good stuff for a pocket device.
    Don't expect to pay the same as the first device though.

Thanks

you ever think of the Nexus 7? it's supposed to be able to run N64 games like a dream.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlinger Boy View Post
    you ever think of the Nexus 7? it's supposed to be able to run N64 games like a dream.
    *looks at specs
    Totally comparable to the above mentioned, but with a massive screen. Crappy camera, but what we're after atm is physical buttons. In the Archos description, they worry about Android 4.1 maybe changing the button layout and rendering the buttons useless, but Nexus is already on 4.1.
    Its a tough call, but like I said before, bluetooth WiiMote works on most emulators if you can spare the other games like angry birds and fruit ninja or what-not.
    And at $200, the Nexus is a hella deal for a 7" screen~!

Thanks

I can downgrade, if necessary. I don't play Angry Birds. I never understood the appeal to do so. I'm looking to play R.P.G.s (like Zenonia for instance) on it. Some of them are rather nice looking, and they would be better if I can play those games with buttons. I don't even know what Fruit Ninja is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't know what you will miss.Android got some great rpg games too,but surely they need multitouch.
    Games that I play on android.
    Fruit ninja
    Sims 3
    Punch hero
    Ski safari
    Extreme skater
    Temple run
    Glow hockey
    Nova
    Nova 2
    Brothers in arms 2
    Dead trigger
    Shadowgun
    Duke nukem 3d
    And there is lots and lots of games.
    Not only games lots and lots of apps too.
    It's really very cheap, to regret but money is money,it worth spending on some real stuff.
    I think resistive screens is all that you used. Thas's why you think touch screen phones are bad.
    Try a capacitive screen. You won't click a button again in android.

And zenonia 1 to 4 is available in android with some better graphics.
    And no guarantee on these devices they can break down anytime like a toy.
    I think I might buy it for my little brother. He is 10 years old.
    If you still buying it.
    Add the warranty of two years from 20$ for sure.
    Last edited by Mohit; 11th-September-2012 at 10:03.

Thanks

I have an Android phone with a capacitive screen o.O

Thanks

Kinda reminds me of the Korean GP2X on steroids, suprises me that Korea didnt do it first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
    You don't know what you will miss.Android got some great rpg games too,but surely they need multitouch.
    Games that I play on android.
    Fruit ninja
    Sims 3
    Punch hero
    Ski safari
    Extreme skater
    Temple run
    Glow hockey
    Nova
    Nova 2
    Brothers in arms 2
    Dead trigger
    Shadowgun
    Duke nukem 3d
    And there is lots and lots of games.
    Not only games lots and lots of apps too.
    It's really very cheap, to regret but money is money,it worth spending on some real stuff.
    I think resistive screens is all that you used. Thas's why you think touch screen phones are bad.
    Try a capacitive screen. You won't click a button again in android.

And zenonia 1 to 4 is available in android with some better graphics.
    And no guarantee on these devices they can break down anytime like a toy.
    I think I might buy it for my little brother. He is 10 years old.
    If you still buying it.
    Add the warranty of two years from 20$ for sure.
    i'm not sure what i should get you know? i want a portable that can run all this but....

a modded GC could do all that too. add in a controller, case, and screen, i got all that and it can run GC games too.

Thanks

I have an Android with a capacitive(multi-) touch-screen, and I've tried Apple hardware too that a friend owned, which is also capacitive. It's not the screen type that bothers me. I might be a fit guy, but I have fat man fingers, and also the touch screens aren't accurate enough for me. I've been playing games far too long to pretend that it was my mistake that I was killed in a game when I was deliberately trying to walk in a different direction. I often catch myself using skills on the screen because the buttons are squeezed together. Perhaps it would be fine on a large-screen device, but these phones don't cut it. However, to not be annoyed with having to wipe my screen every thirty seconds while playing, I'd rather just have buttons in the first place, then it wouldn't be trouble at all. See? It's a simple solution. I'm not against Android games. I'm against using these damned, tiny screens, and I don't think their accurate enough, yet, for my particular taste.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have an Android with a capacitive(multi-) touch-screen, and I've tried Apple hardware too that a friend owned, which is also capacitive. It's not the screen type that bothers me. I might be a fit guy, but I have fat man fingers, and also the touch screens aren't accurate enough for me. I've been playing games far too long to pretend that it was my mistake that I was killed in a game when I was deliberately trying to walk in a different direction. I often catch myself using skills on the screen because the buttons are squeezed together. Perhaps it would be fine on a large-screen device, but these phones don't cut it. However, to not be annoyed with having to wipe my screen every thirty seconds while playing, I'd rather just have buttons in the first place, then it wouldn't be trouble at all. See? It's a simple solution. I'm not against Android games. I'm against using these damned, tiny screens, and I don't think their accurate enough, yet, for my particular taste.
    Then buy it with 2 years warranty.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That makes sense, having too large of fingers. I understand why you would like buttons.
    To be honest, I prefer buttons becuase I have used them for 22 years.
    What I think you are looking for though is not an android with buttons, but android software with button compatibility. Any android can hook up to a bluetooth input device, but not all of the games are compatible with buttons. half of the RPGs which I have completed were point and click types. And the other half actually used an on-screen D-pad, which I like more.

Setting aside portability becuase if you're like me you play your phone at home anyhow, practically all of the android phones and tablets have HDMI output and becuase they all hook to bluetooth controllers, you have yourself an HD home console.

What I would like to suggest is that you buy yourself either the Nexus 7 for $200 or a used HTC Evo 4g on ebay, a cheap off brand wiimote or other bluetoth controller and play on your tele with buttons. You'll get all of the android games you want on a large screen with button control. Just my opinion, but I think by jumping into the scene, you'll save yourself some stress by over thinking the situation. The longer you mull over the idea, the less time you'll be enjoying the games. no one likes a backlog!

Thanks
    EP Points

I only ever really seriously gotten into one game on my Android phone. Zenonia. All the others I play are just for a few minutes here and there (mainly on the crapper at work ) or are meant to be casual games anyways (Live Holdem Poker, Word Search, Gold Miner, Emu's).

The Zenonia series are the only games I feel even deserve to be played with actual buttons. Half the time I don't mind the onscreen buttons sooo much. And when I do feel like buttons would enhance my gaming experience I don't mind busting out my Wiimote for an hour or two.
    Last edited by Shelly Bean; 13th-September-2012 at 01:58.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by A_User View Post
    OMG WTF just happened?
    I tried zenonia and thought the controls were too sluggish across all 4 of them. Inotia on the other hand are good games.
    Zenonia tries to seem like the fastest of the fast, but it just ends up being uncontrollable. Inotia, by the same team, is still an action real-time RPG with the very best amount of control.
    A few others are worth mentioning, but they have been forgotten.