Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the f*** is this Vita/PSP/Android thing? I love China if it is the good stuff.

Thanks

Default What the f*** is this Vita/PSP/Android thing? I love China if it is the good stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180904063850&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlinken

Can anyone confirm they know anyone that has one of these things? I'd love to try and play an Android game with buttons one day, and if this thing does it, then my nonexistent prayers might just have come true.

It claims to have Android 4.0 which would potentially mean support for many devices in emulation.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 8th-September-2012 at 13:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Here's a hardware review. I thought this thing was bogus at first, but it plays emulators and android games.

Thanks

huh. kinda similar, but also not at the same time, to the kickstarter thing. android! the new indie gaming system! bet they never saw that one coming.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's like experia play, but way more cheaper and bad quality. resistive screens are crap. No multi touch. Touch screen games will work like crap. Android got better games than these older platforms. It will not be able to emulate psp games. Just psx, gba, snes, n64. Etc. No gps. Not worth the buy in my opinion.

Thanks

So it'll run all the best era of emulators. I see nothing wrong with that.

Resistive is multi-touch. In fact, the review shows the guy using multi-touch. It'll work fine for a lot of the better games, at least. Android games in general kind of suck though. I'd be all in just for a solid emulator platform, depending on if it gets better performance then a PSP in regards to SNES emulation and such.

Thanks

so, anyone compared it to the OpenPandora?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit View Post
    resistive screens
    Thats all you needed to say to turn me off to this device. No Device should use the resistive technology in this day and age besides kids toys and even then, its just a crappy kids toy.
    @OP: Do not get this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Turns out there are more knockoffs that do emulation from China than you can shake a stick at, some even have forums devoted to people running emulators on them.
    http://dingoo-a320.dcemu.co.uk/

I think Ill just stick to buying the Ouya and Neo Geo X Gold.

Oh and this is funny as hell.
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/rel...inese-company/

Thanks

This makes me sad. I was hoping for something that would grant me access to hardware buttons for Android games. I'm so tired of touch screens. I even wish my phone still had real buttons. Damn it. Thanks for the advice, people.

Thanks

yea, i hate the touch screen stuff too. it just isn't precise enough. you will not be able to do anything terribly serious with a touch screen until they make them a helluva lot more accurate.
    Insanity: that which makes things not boring.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can always get yourself a WiiMote to use wirelessly via bluetooth. Most android emulators support them, but I cannot say many marketed games will.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmmm... Android Emulators? Funny, I never even though about those. Wait. Are you referring to software that emulates the Android platform to support playing Android games on other platforms, or are you referring to Emulators FOR the Android platform to play games like S.N.E.S. and G.B.A.? Damn, language can be confusing at times.

ALSO: if the former is what you mean, can you point me in a good direction to get started on doing this on my computer? We're probably getting close to closing this thread as a result, though, unless anyone else has any more posts about more, random devices. That reminds me. I looked so desperately for G.P.X. devices once I came to Korea, but they are never anywhere. So sad...
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 10th-September-2012 at 10:29.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's the android that emulates other consoles in this device

Thanks

I have a P.S.P., a D.S., a P.C. and a Wii for that.
    Damn, looks like I will just be waiting for a while.

Thanks
    EP Points

Check this out. I'm sure it can sate your thirst for button mashing Android goodness. And I think it looks pretty badass to boot.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...ablet-gamepad/