Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Thanks
    EP Points

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"
    Forrest Gump

Thanks
    EP Points

"Now I will kill you until you die from it!"
    Saddam Hussein - Hot Shots Part Deux

Thanks
    EP Points

FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

-Rage Against The Machine

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

"A bird can never fly over itself" - Heinrich Heine.
    "In the fight between yourself and the world, follow the world." - Franz Kafka

Thanks
    EP Points

From The Velveteen Rabbit

Spoiler warning:
    "What is 'real'?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

"I suppose you are real?" said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse might be sensitive. But the Skin Horse only smiled.

"The Boy's Uncle made me Real," he said. "That was a great many years ago; but once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always."

From Le Petit Prince

Spoiler warning:
    Le petit prince s'en fut revoir les roses:

- Vous n'êtes pas du tout semblables à ma rose, vous n'êtes rien encore, leur dit-il. Personne ne vous a apprivoisé et vous n'avez apprivoisé personne. Vous êtes comme était mon renard. Ce n'était qu'un renard semblable à cent mille autres. Mais j'en ai fait mon ami, et il est maintenant unique au monde.

Et les roses étaient bien gênées.

- Vous êtes belles, mais vous êtes vides, leur dit-il encore. On ne peut pas mourir pour vous. Bien sûr, ma rose à moi, un passant ordinaire croirait qu'elle vous ressemble. Mais à elle seule elle est plus importante que vous toutes, puisque c'est elle que j'ai arrosée. Puisque c'est elle que j'ai mise sous globe. Puisque c'est elle que j'ai abritée par le paravent. Puisque c'est elle dont j'ai tué les chenilles (sauf les deux ou trois pour les papillons). Puisque c'est elle que j'ai écoutée se plaindre, ou se vanter, ou même quelquefois se taire. Puisque c'est ma rose.

Et il revint vers le renard:

- Adieu, dit-il...

- Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

- L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux, répéta le petit prince, afin de se souvenir.

- C'est le temps que tu as perdu pour ta rose qui fait ta rose si importante.

- C'est le temps que j'ai perdu pour ma rose... fit le petit prince, afin de se souvenir.

- Les hommes ont oublié cette vérité, dit le renard. Mais tu ne dois pas l'oublier. Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé. Tu es responsable de ta rose...

- Je suis responsable de ma rose... répéta le petit prince, afin de se souvenir.

The Little Prince left to take another look at the roses.

"You are not at all like my rose," he told them. "You are nothing yet. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox once was. He was nothing more than one fox amidst a hundred thousand others. But I made him my friend, and now he is the only one of his kind in the entire world."

And the roses were very embarrassed.

"You are beautiful, but you are empty," he continued. "Not a soul would die for you. Naturally, an ordinary passerby might believe that the rose which I see as mine looks just like you. But to her, she alone is more important than all the others, because it is her that I watered, her that I placed under the glass globe, her that I sheltered behind the screen, and her that I killed the caterpillars for (sparing two or three for butterflies). Because it is her that I listened to when she complained, or boasted, or sometimes fell completely silent. Because she is my rose."

And he returned to the fox.

"Farewell," he said.

"Farewell," said the fox. "This is my secret. It's very simple: one can only see correctly with one's heart. That which is essential is invisible to the eye."

"That which is essential is invisible to the eye," repeated the prince, so that he might remember.

"It is the time you lost for your rose that makes her so important."

"It is the time that I lost for my rose..." said the little prince, so that he might remember.

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you mustn't forget. You become forever responsible for that which you tame. You are responsible for your rose."

"I am responsible for my rose," repeated the little prince, so that he might remember.

Thanks
    EP Points

A man who never changes his mind is like stagnant water, and it breeds mental reptiles.
    -Ambrose Bierce

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

"Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."

This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

hence why its in my signature
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

"In brightest day, in blackest night. No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might, beware of my power. The Green Lantern's light!"
    -Hal Jorden (Green Lantern,2011)

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.