Thread: First Day of Ivy Tech

Thanks
    EP Points

Default First Day of Ivy Tech

So i start my first class at ivy tech here in about 30 minutes. Anyone here been there or have anything nice to say about a community college?
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

Community Colleges are amazing. It's a really smart starting choice to make. The community college I went to was fantastic. The professors not only taught at that college but also taught at Universities in the state so you're getting the same education that someone else is getting but at a cheaper price. That is never a bad thing.

Classes are small so the professors have time to work with you personally. So I feel you can learn better from that alone. Students are in all age groups (more adults than 18-20 year olds), so there is a nice sense of professionalism and since it's a small college there is a sense of a strong community. I got my Assoc. degree and went on to a University and the difference was there. The biggest one was the level of maturity. Everyone was a lot more immature at the Uni which shocked me. I felt that the University work was a lot easier, but that all boils down to the professors that are hired.

People like to give Community Colleges a lot of smack because it's cheap and isn't a university. However, I find it on par with a university and even better at times given that the professors the college hires are adequate enough.

Never been to Ivy, but I hope you have an enjoyable experience like I did.
    Last edited by Krieger; 21st-August-2012 at 13:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been looking forward to this for a while now. I've only been here for two hours and I see some of your point. My professor has already made it clear that he is available to us all the time.

And your right, the people here do seem a lot more mature compared to the university's I've visited.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    I've been looking forward to this for a while now. I've only been here for two hours and I see some of your point. My professor has already made it clear that he is available to us all the time.

And your right, the people here do seem a lot more mature compared to the university's I've visited.
    *you're

Seemed appropriate under the circumstances for me to point that out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    *you're

Seemed appropriate under the circumstances for me to point that out.
    *Universities.

If you're going to be so picky.

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha thanks for the criticism guys I just got out of English

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm in my third year at Ivy tech. I enjoy it and I look forward to going to school. My teachers are cool, I actually have discussed games with most of them. I like that it's a smaller school, the classes are smaller. I feel that you get more individualized attention at Ivy tech.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm going to be going to a community college starting Thursday, honestly the class sizes are smaller and that's a nice thing. But honestly, it's what I love about it. I really think it's all in the thoughts of the student.

Thanks

Going to be graduating in 2 semesters from Ivy Tech. This school tries to ruin me at every turn and has really been a pain in my ass for a while now. You get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

communities is fun, but studying some subject in universities is not really fun, because you need a good grade