Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scariest video games you've never played?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Obscure? God damned psychological horror DOS games.

Easily the worst (as in, most unsettling) I've ever had the opportunity to play, was "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream". Having seen a several hour long playthrough of the game and the horrors within I wanted to see if there was anything to actually playing it myself, and yeah. Here ya go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Here are some PC Ones you may not know (and all avalible on GoG.com if you want to check em out / buy em)

The 7th Guest / 11th Hour
    Dark Fall (Series)
    Gabriel Knight (Series)
    Phantasmagoria (Series)
    Gorky 17
    Personal Nightmare - The one I think pre-dates "Sweet Home" January 1, 1989
    Vampire Redemption / Masqurade (Steam)
    Waxworks - Highly recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    Damn, now that you mention old DOS games it reminds me of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, the bleakest fucking video game in existence, other than maybe Drakengard.
    We already talked about those, man .
    Last edited by Alakazander; 21st-August-2012 at 12:11.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

We already talked about those, man .
    Well Dave's not here, man.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Well Dave's not here
    Open up man, I've got the stuff!

Wait... doesn't that make you a ridiculously high Tommy Chong?
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Why did someone in this thread feel scared about Silent Hill Origins? It was too quick to me, and just felt like it should have been better, but all the none team silent games feel that way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello Kitty... it be creepy

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Open up man, I've got the stuff!

Wait... doesn't that make you a ridiculously high Tommy Chong?
    Something like that could've sworn I'd read the whole thread, dunno how I missed someone else posting about that game before I went to. Still, that particular ending sequence is probably the most disturbing imo.

For a more original mention though, other than this the scariest game I've ever played would probably have to be, surprisingly, Majora's Mask. The general atmosphere of the game was creepy enough (fuck that happy mask guy, srsly), the worst part for me was most definitely the whole Great Bay section. The whole swimming through murky ocean depths, that crazy fish boss, and especially the bit with the sea snakes in the huge pit & the zora eggs... main reason I haven't touched this game in years.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Its tough for me to find games that actually scare me, but a few creep me out pretty good. Especially when I'm home alone and have my headphones on.

The most currents ones to do that where Alan Wake, BioShock 1 & 2 and Dead Space (haven't played 2 yet).

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime", freedom and liberty have become words without meanings."
    ~ Chad Dumier, "Deus Ex"

Thanks

Siren: Blood Curse (Siren: New Translation in Europe) was pretty scary. Also really cool too. Really loved the archive where you could unlock items that give a lot of back story on why the stuff was happening.

Thanks

SCP containment breach that one is too seriously scary

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by yyhung317 View Post
    SCP containment breach that one is too seriously scary
    Yeah played this one too. I hate that thing SCP 173, always gets me teleporting randomly :/

Thanks

I play horror so much that it doesn't phase me. Oddly enough, the games that fans make always end up scaring the bajeebus outta me. SCP-087-B was the only game that really freaked me out. XD; I think the main reason is that the story given is very short, and leaves everything unknown. I feel that sense of not being able to understand why anything is happened is what makes it so frightening. There is only one creature in the entire game chasing after you and it's all random when he shows up. You can go through all 400 levels without encountering him, but the dread of him appearing is what makes the game so frightening.

I've played Clock Tower, Amnesia/Justine, all the Silent Hills, Fatal Frames, Call of Cthulhu, Obscure, Condemned, Slender, Slenderman, basically almost everything except Deadly Premonitions. I'm scared at first, but I can overcome it because there is always pattern and I can understand why everything is there for the most part. Yet this fan made game scares the shit outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemolatron View Post
    Yeah played this one too. I hate that thing SCP 173, always gets me teleporting randomly :/
    They made a game out of that one? I need to play that like asap.
    Last edited by Krieger; 22nd-August-2012 at 16:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    I play horror so much that it doesn't phase me. Oddly enough, the games that fans make always end up scaring the bajeebus outta me. SCP-087-B was the only game that really freaked me out. XD; I think the main reason is that the story given is very short, and leaves everything unknown. I feel that sense of not being able to understand why anything is happened is what makes it so frightening. There is only one creature in the entire game chasing after you and it's all random when he shows up. You can go through all 400 levels without encountering him, but the dread of him appearing is what makes the game so frightening.

I've played Clock Tower, Amnesia/Justine, all the Silent Hills, Fatal Frames, Call of Cthulhu, Obscure, Condemned, Slender, Slenderman, basically almost everything except Deadly Premonitions. I'm scared at first, but I can overcome it because there is always pattern and I can understand why everything is there for the most part. Yet this fan made game scares the shit outta me.

They made a game out of that one? I need to play that like asap.
    The link to that scary SCP: CB game:
    http://scpcb.wordpress.com/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lorddemolatron For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lorddemolatron View Post
    The link to that scary SCP: CB game:
    http://scpcb.wordpress.com/
    Wasn't as scary, imo. But oh god was it it annoying. The SCP kept glitching into walls and stuff. That's okay though. It was fun. Though I was really creeped out by those shadowy people.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Wasn't as scary, imo. But oh god was it it annoying. The SCP kept glitching into walls and stuff. That's okay though. It was fun. Though I was really creeped out by those shadowy people.
    Yeah, that Old man SCP getted for me scare jumps. 173 was annoying as It can teleport or open doors, and worse is that you can't get loose from seeing it or you die :/

Thanks

I played Silent Hill 2 and 3 when I was around 13 which scared the living daylight out of me. No game has really scared me since then.