Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scariest video games you've never played?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have you ever played Shadow Man? it's not particularly scary, but more of a chilling kind of game (kind of like Blood, by Monolith)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by magicalflamingo View Post
    Have you ever played Shadow Man? it's not particularly scary, but more of a chilling kind of game (kind of like Blood, by Monolith)
    Played all the versions! (PS1/N64/DC/PC) Dreamcast being my fav and PS1 being the least liked due to the fact that the game was so bad on the PS1 they took almost every visual extra out and it still had huge frame rate issues, it was a showcase on how not to port a N64 title to PS1

N64 one was good but rumble pak bug + the extra dark souls showed lack of testing before release
    PC one the controls was a bit all over the place in my opinion
    Dreamcast one was like the PC one but the controls made sense, they also had the extra sounds and speech as well as the graphics

However... we shall not mention Shadowman 2nd Coming... lets forget that ever happened

As for "Blood" or "One Whole Unit Blood" and "Blood II: The Chosen", I Own them too (GoG.com Releases)
    Last edited by Kouen Hasuki; 20th-August-2012 at 08:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm assuming you, being the KING OF PSP GAMING, have already done Corpse Party, eh? Then I'd say just do what everyone else does and consult a list.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    I'm assuming you, being the KING OF PSP GAMING, have already done Corpse Party, eh? Then I'd say just do what everyone else does and consult a list.
    I Wouldn't go as far as to say "King" of PSP gaming I have just been around (a lot), but No actually Corpse Party slipped under my radar somehow, I plan to fix that once the ISO downloads. Out of the 3 it seems only one is in English so I've just grabbed that one

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure if its considered obscure, but Dino Crisis (the Original) Is a good horror game, coming more from "OMG A dinosaurs chasing me and I'm low on ammo1" more than general Squick.
    You could also try D which I personally never played, but heard was decent.

Thanks

Dunno if these is obscure and I didn't see these mentioned, but the white chamber and the Chzo Mythos are good. Dunno if anyone here has played those games.

The Chzo Mythos are four games: 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes and 6 Days a Sacrifice.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"Have you ever played Shadow Man?"

Such an under rated game, probably cause you had to have the dreamcast or n64 version with the expansion pak to make the graphics as great as they were. I got the ps1 version cheap last year and ended up downloading a good rom from coolroms for the n64, i wish more people knew about that game.

Thanks

Silent hill, classical choice but if you are enough crazy to play almost all the saga in one night you'll not close eye for 4 days.
    Dead space was also a little bit scary, expecially the sequel.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by williamjones View Post
    "Have you ever played Shadow Man?"

Such an under rated game, probably cause you had to have the dreamcast or n64 version with the expansion pak to make the graphics as great as they were. I got the ps1 version cheap last year and ended up downloading a good rom from coolroms for the n64, i wish more people knew about that game.
    I do.
    So fun.

But Where's Clock Tower in all of this, I seen NO ONE reference this game series.
    Sadness.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    I do.
    So fun.

But Where's Clock Tower in all of this, I seen NO ONE reference this game series.
    Sadness.
    Quote Originally Posted by coo757 View Post
    Here's my list.

10. Parasite Eve PS
    09. Amnesia: The Dark Descent PC
    08. Clock Tower ll PS2
    07. Haunting Ground PS2
    06. Resident Evil 3 NGC
    05. Resident Evil CVX PS2
    04. Silent Hill 3 PS2
    03. Slender PC
    02. Silent Hill PS
    01. Silent Hill 2

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    I do.
    So fun.

Sadness.
    I didnt like the controls on the snes, but i guess i should try the ps1 version.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    That quote is off, Clock Tower 3 is on the PS2. but I see your point.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is quite a few others im shocked no one has mentioned yet

Thanks

I know it's not really obscure, but the one game that scared the bejeezuz out of me was Silent Hill (PSX). Borrowed it from a friend and it took me almost 3 months to finish it cuz it freaked the living crap out of me. I liked parasite eve 1 though, because that was more of a fantasy game and then turned into a survival horror in later iterations

Thanks
    EP Points

Obscure? God damned psychological horror DOS games.

Easily the worst (as in, most unsettling) I've ever had the opportunity to play, was "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream". Having seen a several hour long playthrough of the game and the horrors within I wanted to see if there was anything to actually playing it myself, and yeah. Here ya go.

"I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"