Thread: how to convert/play iso.001 files?

Thanks

Default how to convert/play iso.001 files?

hello there i need a help. i want to play iso.001 file but i can't convert it i tried with hj split and magic iso but i won't work can you help me and teach me how to convert it. i mean it's not work when i tried to play it with pcsx the game is digital devil saga undub
    example: digitaldevilsaga.iso.001 digitaldevilsaga.iso.002 and more. how to convert it. please tell me. i want to play the game
    Last edited by great_haseo; 8th-August-2012 at 18:47.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Could you please link us to the game you downloaded?

Thanks
    EP Points

Are they actual iso files or archived files like 7z or Winrar? Because if they're the latter, those files are just parts of the whole piece. You'll need to get them all together right click on the .001 file and extract using either 7zip or Winrar or whatever you use to piece them together.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Are they actual iso files or archived files like 7z or Winrar? Because if they're the latter, those files are just parts of the whole piece. You'll need to get them all together right click on the .001 file and extract using either 7zip or Winrar or whatever you use to piece them together.
    ^this. Any time you find a game that comes with multiple files named this way (.001/.002/.003, .pt1/.pt2 etc), 99% of the time they're archived files split into multiple files. I would recommend downloading 7zip to extract said files, which you can find here;

For 32 bit windows, use this; http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z920.msi
    For 64 bit windows, use this; http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z920-x64.msi

If you aren't sure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows, just download the 32 bit version, it will normally work well enough on both.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?77176 this is the link game i keep trying to join with hj split but when i try to playing it on pcxs it can't be played
    and the files doesn't have rar or 7z extension it's just iso.001 to iso.022
    Last edited by great_haseo; 19th-August-2012 at 20:40. Reason: wrong writing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by great_haseo View Post
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?77176 this is the link game i keep trying to join with hj split but when i try to playing it on pcxs it can't be played
    and the files doesn't have rar or 7z extension it's just iso.001 to iso.022
    I don't know how many times I've said this...you don't need to use hjsplit for anything.
    Just use 7zip.
    It'll handle that split archive.

I haven't used hjsplit for years simply because there's no need to

Thanks

You must create new folder then move all the file you download to the folder, click Ctrl+A then right click one file after Ctrl+A then choose Open with Winrar then combine it.